We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…269270272274275…502

Comments

  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    skintchick wrote: »
    I know it sounds bad, but at my church we have a huge mix of people, from very rich to poor, and I find i really don;t have anything in common with the people who live on the estates. I find it hard enough talking to OH's family (who live on a council estate but not here) as we just don;t have anything in common.

    Plus, with my views on BF, HB etc., I'm guessing i'd be in a minority at the NHs classes.


    I'm slightly confused here - why would you be in a minority at NHS class? :confused::confused::confused:I went to NHS classes with my first - over 75% planned on bf and 50% still were at about 8 weeks. 2 people had HB and several had births with either no pain relief at all or just g&a.

    greent
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Have Achey, Achey legs. Kept me awake most of the night, gave in at 5am and took some paracetamol. But now its back and its doing my head in. Left one is much worse than the right. Whats that about? But only ten minutes to go. Pick DS up from afterschool club, and home. yay.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Nursing and maternity bras by Emily B on eBay!!! (underwired)

    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/emilybnursingbra_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

    I thought they were 'back of lorry', but just got an email from them about postage. They are actually last years styles being sold on eBay for £3.99 + £2.00 postage.

    Anyway, I've 3 coming so will let you know what they are like. Thought you girls may want a look-see


    Ooh - I'd be interested to see what you think of the fit in comparison to other brands. They don't have any nursing ones in my size - so I'm wondering if I could move the size a tad....
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Afternoon, came on this morning but instead of posting I fell asleep on the bed, oops!

    Well done to your hubby AM, hope yours gets something soon Feelie.

    Ben had Cranial Osteopathy when he was a few weeks old, he was a screamer after what happened in the hospital.


    DS2 had CO from about 5 weeks - 10/12 weeks - made a diff. He came flying out - I pushed for 6 mins (and came out with hand by face, so lovely tear as a result!) I'd consider it again :D

    greent
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    im hungry again :o think bubs ate my dinner :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    greent wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused here - why would you be in a minority at NHS class? :confused::confused::confused:I went to NHS classes with my first - over 75% planned on bf and 50% still were at about 8 weeks. 2 people had HB and several had births with either no pain relief at all or just g&a.

    greent


    I'm probably guessing wrong then! Was just a feeling based on people in my town and the reactions i've had to my home birth plans.

    Anyway it's academic because I can;t get a suitable course on the NHS.

    Today i wore a pretty summer dress from New Look (not maternity but may as well be) which is a few inches above my knee and I have learned that pregannt women are not allowed to have legs! :rotfl:

    The amount of people who looked at my legs, then at my bump, then gave me a sour look was incredible, including the students who seemed horrified a pregnant lady would have a vaguely short skirt on!

    So funny. Especially as I have good legs and it was fun watching men look at me from the bottom up and being horrified when they reached the bump :rotfl: :T
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    EA just saw your FB status if your on here so sorry hope your ok take care xxxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    greent wrote: »
    Ooh - I'd be interested to see what you think of the fit in comparison to other brands. They don't have any nursing ones in my size - so I'm wondering if I could move the size a tad....

    Will give you a full review when they arrive :D
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    skintchick wrote: »
    I'm probably guessing wrong then! Was just a feeling based on people in my town and the reactions i've had to my home birth plans.

    Not sure that's a class thing to be fair.

    I don't hold the same views as you at all about home births, or a lot of what you post, but have never lived on a council estate, we come from good middle class stock on both sides, are both university educated, have good incomes, I breast fed both my two, etc, etc. And I know many women who are none of those things who have your views on home births, inductions, etc.

    Not saying by the way that there's anything necessarily wrong with your views, just each to their own. Nor would I give a stuff if the other women in my antenatal class came from wildly different backgrounds from me. Now on no 3 and my experience is that once baby is born, the biggest thing we have in common is being mums, and the rest of it tends to pale into significance. My new-mum friends came from all kinds of backgrounds and educations, and were all great!
  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    I told all my work team by sending them an email then my boss came out her office and hugged me for rather longer than was comfortable, I tried to break away twice but couldn't. Really wasn't expecting that! Glad that's all over.
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.