We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…268269271273274…502

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Ladies with babes already - Have any of you used a floating bath support thingy like this? http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detai...anch=&category
    Just mulling over if it would make it easier than using the baby bath which I always hated
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Glam you could work out roughly where top of ur uterus is using fundal height ...I think
    http://www.gestation.net/fetal_growth/fhm.htm
    fh.jpg

    OMG!!!

    If that diagram is accurate, then I was measuring at 20 weeks when I was only 15!

    Now I really am freaked out. When they said I was big for my dates, I just assumed they meant by a week or so, not more than a month. I really really want the 15th to come quickly as either there's more than one in there, or I'm giving birth to one the size of a toddler not a newborn!!!!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Ladies with babes already - Have any of you used a floating bath support thingy like this? http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detai...anch=&category
    Just mulling over if it would make it easier than using the baby bath which I always hated

    I never used a baby bath for either of my two. I bathed both of them in the kitchen sink in (clean) washing up bowl until they were old enough to sit up by themselves. This worked really for me, as I didn't have to bend down over the bath, the washing up bowl was of a size that even if I had let go of them by accident for a second, they couldn't slip under the water level, and it was dead easy to fill and empty with nothing heavy to carry. And also as this is a money saving site, as cheap as chips.
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Agghhh!
    Ok so i got a dropside cot given to me by my friend.
    OH reckons parts are missing and he cant put it up but i think he's just saying it, anyway, just realised that there are parts missing, the 2 blooming metal rods that make it slide down!
    I know I had them, but now cant find them anywhere!
    Does anyone know if i would be able to get hold of some spare ones from a shop or online?
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    katster wrote: »
    Just a quick question!? Is it possible to start showing at 7 weeks? xxxx

    Your 'showing' would be pretty much just water/bloat. At 7 weeks, your baby only measures about the size of a 5p piece! So even if there were 2 in there, the odds of them making a bump are near impossible. It's probably just your body storing extra fluids to help care for the baby!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Off to swimming, back later. X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Helen, Ellis is our favourite name for baby if its a boy, Jackson chose it and we havent a clue where he got it from because we have never heard it before but we both love it!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    yummmmmmmmmm.. been back from work and had to have dinner straight away OH had threw some chips in the oven and i got some burgers and bun ... OMG it was good!!! ...
    work was a pile of poo today but i just keep thinking ... 3 weeks and 3 days then thats it! ... you with me MM :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    HypnoNu wrote: »

    And i also just realised that being at home means I can be on here more and might have the tiniest chance of keeping up with you all!!

    Hah!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't count on it!! I keep falling behind......

    Had clients in today for massages - only 3 more days of massaging to go - finishing next Fri - when I'll be 37 + 3!! Wish it was me on the couch instead....:rolleyes:

    greent
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    katster wrote: »
    Just a quick question!? Is it possible to start showing at 7 weeks? xxxx

    Are you positive of your dates? The most usual reason for "showing early" is because you are in fact a month further on than you thought!

    That being said, I could certainly see signs of a bump by 7 weeks, and as Glamazon said my proper bump did develop very early, and is much bigger at 16 weeks than a lot of people are at 6 months+. I was in maternity clothes exclusively by 7-8 weeks this time round (but this is my 3 baby, and my 4th pregnancy so my muscles have probably had a bit of practice).

    It is true to say that the baby itself is tiny at 7 weeks but the uterus itself is growing, and as it grows it needs to push some other stuff out of the way, which itself has to go somewhere. For some women this seems to be out rather than up. Also if your digestive system has slowed down (as is common), your stomach and bowel will be distended which causes a bump. Finally, as aless said, there will be more fluid accumulating which will cause some bloating.

    So the bottom line IMHO is that yes it is possible to show visible signs of being pregnant at 7 weeks. What you see may not correspond to the size of the baby or your uterus, but it is a change in body shape and size which is directly attributable to the fact that you are pregnant. Some women find that their bump goes down a little when they are around 10 weeks if it has been caused by excess fluid, but this didn't happen to me.

    How many kids have you had previously and what was your body shape before you got pregnant, if you don't mind the questions :p. Both of these factors will also influence how you look in the early stages.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.