We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…267268270272273…502

Comments

  • katster
    katster Posts: 332 Forumite
    Just a quick question!? Is it possible to start showing at 7 weeks? xxxx
    07=£76.98 08=£757.60 09=£465 10=£983.92 '11=£105.50 2012= £2229:T
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    katster wrote: »
    Just a quick question!? Is it possible to start showing at 7 weeks? xxxx

    Hi I had a little bump but I think it was more a combo of fluid, water retention and wind. However, some people do start showing really early - see if you can find a pic posted by Nicki (probably a few threads ago). She was only about 12 weeks but looked a lot further along.
    Anything's possible with pg as I am finding each and every day!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Going to have a big old moan now... Feel free to skip ahead...

    Firstly... Last week Aimee's paediatrician asked me to submit another water sample for hospital testing to make sure her infection was all cleared up... The only sample bottle I had was my midwife one so I used it, took it to the Drs surgery and explained to the receptionist it needed to go into an red msu bottle and be sent to the hospital... Filled out a little bit of paper to go with it any everything... Not that I don't trust the Drs receptionists or anything.. But I double checked while I was there today... Surprise surprise... The nurse tested it herself and didn't send it off... I told them it was requested by the Paediatrician and he'd specifically asked for it to be sent in... Their excuse... 'Well it wasn't in a red lid bottle' :mad: Now have to do it all again tomorrow and get another one sent off...

    Now onto the midwife... Before I'd even sat down, she got my name wrong then made a big deal about correcting it 'as she'd been told yesterday' then she started banging on about my measurements and what were 'we' going to do if it was still measuring big... then she measured me before she did anything else... Oh look... I've grown 5cm in 2 weeks... Now I'm measuring 44cm (36w should be 36cm) I can't see it myself... But could hardly lie there going 'I don't believe you, measure again' could I... She gets a handy colleague to join us and discuss what she thought would be best to do... Basically, she's covering her own backside... Upshot is, they ring the hospital and book me in to see the consultant... Not for a scan mind you... Just to discuss it... Can I get there tomorrow? Fine... Whatever... Asked her if she'll be doing the blood test she failed on last week? Oh... well the phlebotomist will be at the hospital tomorrow, might aswell let them do it... Gets her off the hook nicely... So I came away... Annoyed.. Then had a look at my notes and found they've booked the appointment with the consultant tomorrow... At 3:15! She knows I have a 5yo at school, how the heck does she expect me to fetch her from school and make the appointment?

    And to top it all off... Aimee's been in the door 5mins and I've had nothing but lip and rudeness from her... I could sit and cry, I really could!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    SIL ignored my requests for everyone to not share that I'd given birth by posting on Facebook. Cousin saw it, who texted Grandad, who was in the pub and dropped his pint and it smashed. Gutted that I was robbed of the chance to tell everyone the news, especially when I'd specifically asked people not to. Not my fault I was stuck in hospital with no phone!

    Other news, I got my HiPG paid today.

    That's awful. I was annoyed with one of my sisters for ringing up another (the one that changed her FB status) whilst I was on the phone telling Mum - I could hear her in the background saying OMG Vicki's pregnant! Then I got a text straightaway wanting to know why I'd not told her - hello, I am the oldest of 7 you are all over the UK how can I possible tell you all at the same time! I was in fact telling my Mum and even that got my in trouble with Dad cos he was miffed I told Mum first when we are closer. (only cos he works nights and I thought he would be sleeping so didn't want to wake him!)
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Omg, just walked to school and back, ouch! I wish I lived somewhere flat.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    shelvis wrote: »
    Hurrah for new jobs!

    I am attempting to work from home today but I can't find a comfy position to seat my laptop. Grrrrr.

    Hope everyone is well today :)


    My hubby started a new job yesterday :j- 110 mile round trip from home though :( On the plus side we are getting his redundancy payment next week from his old employers (a bank) so will be briefly in the money!!

    Saw m/w today - measuring spot on (36 weeks) and all ok. Only 2nd time I've seen 'my' m/w - and my next appt in 2 weeks is with a cover one! Need to start taking iron again - bleurgh! But m/w recommended spatone or floradix (but neither available on scrip) cos of my rectocele :( Yick yick yick!

    Ho hum - off for 3rd school run of the day!!!


    greent
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Oh Krystal, that's pants! Have a cry, you'll feel better. Can you pick her up from school early and take her with you, treat yourselves to tea out after.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I'd rather not have her there tbh... They'll be running hours behind and the way she's behaving at the minute I'd rather keep her behind closed doors! I've rung the antenatal clinic, the best they can do is ask me to come in at the start of clinic time (1:30) and hope that I get seen and get out before 3...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    krystal why didn't they give you a red pot when you told her it was for hosp :confused: silly mare!!
    MW=silly mare too!!! I'd have made her measure again or done it myself lol
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Oh Krystal,thats awful! xx
    Im in the same boat as you regarding kids..my 6year old son came out of school..first thing he did was ask for sweets :mad::mad: All the other kids were pleased to see their mums/dads/grandparents ect..but oh no not Ellis, he just nagged for sweets then when I said no, threw a pathetic tantrum and he's been giving me lip since we got in through the door. Great eh. Really missed him all day too,little git :rolleyes:
    Theres nothing like being brought down from a high with a big thud!
    love my little man he is amazing :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.