We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…265266268270271…502

Comments

  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    karen, for me the sickness stopped at about 15wks but then the tiredness kicked in, glad everything went well!
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Nicki wrote: »
    That would surely depend on what position your baby likes to lie in! At 18 weeks there is lots of space in there for them to turn any which way they like, so baby won't necessarily be head down.

    I'm 16+5, and the top of my uterus is just below my belly button (though this is a bit further on that you might expect for my dates, according to doc). I can feel the baby moving at different points on my tummy according to where he or she is at the time. Sometimes I do feel it almost at the top of the uterus in the centre, but most often I feel it about an inch and a half lower than this on the right hand side.

    ... though last night OH and I felt it distinctly low down on the left hand side, and only a few seconds later top centre, which fuelled our maybe twin paranoia!!

    Thanks Nicki - I was kinda wondering whether Bean would be lying horizontally or vertically. I know it would move around a lot but I just kep seeing this bump and wondered what it was. I don't really feel Bean moving about that much and have no idea how to even check where my uterus is. Hopefully my scan next week will shed some more light on it for me - I hate not knowing things!!
    When is your next scan?

    Thanks Ness - I will do that then and see what I can get!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Thanks Nicki - I was kinda wondering whether Bean would be lying horizontally or vertically. I know it would move around a lot but I just kep seeing this bump and wondered what it was. I don't really feel Bean moving about that much and have no idea how to even check where my uterus is. Hopefully my scan next week will shed some more light on it for me - I hate not knowing things!!
    When is your next scan?

    My next scan is 15 May. I wouldn't have a clue where the top of my uterus was either btw, except that the doctor put his finger in the spot where he said it was at my ante-natal appointment last week. As far as I'm concerned the whole of my lower belly just feels hard and bloated when I poke it, and I can't make out any changes anywhere!
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    karen1907 wrote: »
    Hi All, Just a quick post to say that I have had my 12 week scan and all is well. I can't believe that you can see so clearly! Bump jr moved about a bit too which made me laugh.:j

    Although I have to say my first feeling was of relief that there was actually a baby there :rolleyes: especially as I have not done a test since when I first found out :)

    I will scan it in when I have the energy and put it on Facebook.

    My breasts were a size 32G but I am most comfortable now with a 32H.

    So now I have reached 12 weeks the nausea should stop.......pretty please *wishful thinking*

    Take care all.
    xxx

    Glad it went OK. I am worrying over 19 week scan but am also excited to see Bean again.
    I found that by 16 weeks my MS trailed off - I do still get the odd Morning with it, like today where I got up earlier and quicker than usual. Must admit it's def the tiredness that's getting to me now - I thought there was supposed to be a glowing period in between the MS and tiredness :confused:
    Must have skipped that stage!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Nicki wrote: »
    My next scan is 15 May. I wouldn't have a clue where the top of my uterus was either btw, except that the doctor put his finger in the spot where he said it was at my ante-natal appointment last week. As far as I'm concerned the whole of my lower belly just feels hard and bloated when I poke it, and I can't make out any changes anywhere!

    Exactly! Mine is hard all over. I shall ask next week at scan, if not it'll be MW appt at 22 weeks. Must ring GP to book it actually to make sure I get an early morning one.
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • karen1907
    karen1907 Posts: 486 Forumite
    nessquic80 wrote: »
    karen, for me the sickness stopped at about 15wks but then the tiredness kicked in, glad everything went well!

    I am feeling both sick and tired at the moment - the only thing is that I am getting married on 2 May so really don't want to be sick then - I will be just under 14 weeks. Then we shall be having two weeks in Florida were I really don't want to be sick!
    Tegan Lily arrived 4 November 2009 (3 days late)

    Floyd Peter arrived 9th July 2011 (1 day early) :D
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2009 at 2:53PM
    Glam you could work out roughly where top of ur uterus is using fundal height ...I think
    http://www.gestation.net/fetal_growth/fhm.htm
    fh.jpg
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2009 at 2:54PM
    hope that pic doesn't break the rules :o
    edit - cut of the nips n pubes just in case lol!
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Karen,great news on scan,Id love to see pics! I can't remember feeling this happy and buzzed in a long time..I now feel officially pregnant :j :jcos Ive told work today!! I wasn't planning on telling them till next week cos one of the women died of cancer last week,it's her funeral tommorow (some of u may remember me posting) and I thought it would look really insensitive to go steaming in with my news. Well anyway..boss was chatting to us all this morning first thing saying how she thought one of the other girls (not there today) could be pregnant cos she been feeling sick alot latley. She looked at me and asked if I knew if she was (we get on,similar age,friends on facebook ect..) I shrugged and said dunno. I must have looked abit sheepish cos then she stopped what she was doing and said "you're not are ya??!" Well what could I say, I wasn't gonna lie, she asked me if I was pregnant so I said YES. lol what a relief! There were lots of squeals and hugging me. I said I wasn't gonna say anything till after the funeral as I didn't wanna upset anyone and everyone was like oh don't be daft,it's lovely to have some good news in this place for a change!! So I need not have worried. I feel sooooo happy!!! Im being taken off weekends permanatley as it's harder work and theres a different boss at weekends and she's abit of a cow so I wouldn't get much help like I will during the week :j:D My risk assessment has already been asked for, oh and my boss (the nice one lol) is gonna make sure my wage stays above the lower threshold to be entiltled to maternity pay!! Sorry for such a long post,Im so high right now!!

    Seeing as though I am now officially pregnant :rotfl:can I join your facebook group please? :D
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • Hello,
    Yeah normally your fundal height at about 20wks is at your belly button, (depending on muscle tone, bmi, multiple pregnancy etc), you can feel like a ridge if you press downwards with the palm of your hand.

    the fundal height is measured in cm from the pubic bone to the top of your uterus and almost always matches your weeks in cms on a tape measure, ie 24wks=24cms :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.