Mobile Phone Exchange.co.uk

in Mobiles
163 replies 58.8K views

Replies

• Hi all,

I work for Mobile Phone Xchange and have to say I am shocked at the descriptions of experiences some of you have had. We set up the company to allow people to sell their mobile phones to gain a bit of extra income, especially in such hard and often stressful times, but if we are adding to your stress I can only apologise.

If you feel you have been wronged, please do get in contact with us. Because of the rise of the company we have employed more staff to man incoming calls so if you have had trouble in the past getting through to us this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

You should remember that your initial quote is not a gurantee, if our inspectors see damage as per our terms and conditions the price may be reduced. However, if you are not happy we will gladly re-inspect. Sometimes they do get it wrong, but who hasn't made a mistake before? We raise our hands and take responsibilty for any misquotations but if this can be rectified we endeavour to do so.

Those of you complaining are unfortunately in a minority, the majority of out customers have a hassle-free experience, but we do want to please everyone so please get in touch with us if you have a problem. The number for you to call is 0844 571 7676.

Don't give up!
    MPX
  • gumbargegumbarge Forumite
    73 Posts
    How do you justify the £10 you are charging for me to get my phone back ?
    73 Posts
    and how come you are so quick to reply to emails when you are looking for my business but once an issue has been raised, my emails are ignored ???
  • edited 31 March 2010 at 3:14PM
    claire738claire738 Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    edited 31 March 2010 at 3:14PM
    Wished I'd seen this earlier...

My BF was quoted £77 for his phone

Sent off & recieved only £27 in his bank for it

Rang & they said the camera lense on the phone was cracked (it wasn't) and they sent him an email 3 days ago with the renewed offer and if this email is not replied to within 3 days they assume you agree to the offer.

No email was recieved, he NEVER deletes his emails because he has a gmail account with unlimted space!

They have offered him an extra £10 but he said no...then offered him another £20 but he said no.

They've now offered him the full £77 as a "good will gesture" because he may not have recieved the email!!!

I advise everyone to steer clear because it seems like they try to offer everybody less than the initial quote and many people wpn't challenge them.

Z

73 Posts
    and why have you sent me a cheque for a lower amount than we agreed after you finally offered me a more acceptable price
  • I used this company as it paid slightly more for both a brand new unused Nokia and my partner's year old Blackberry. We didn't pay for postage as we were advised by our local postmaster that payment was to be paid by MPEx - we did have proof of postage though. Mizuma came back almost immediately confirming receipt of my other handsets but nothing from MPEx. A week later I was told that as I had sent the wrong postage and the handsets were 'probably' sitting in a postroom and would do so for another two weeks. I then read reviews to avoid this company like the plague and resigned myself to the fact I had been 'got'. Ten working days later received an e:mail from them, informing of receipt of handsets and honouring the full £93 they originally quoted. Cheque arrived 7 days later.
    Hope this helps those that have sent off handsets. Cheers Mills
  • Gumbarge, in response to your three questions.

The £10 charge: The handsets have to be sent back special delivery for insurance purposes and then we have to cover the price of packaging your phone back to you (jiffy bags, etc)

Emails: As soon as you make an order an automatic email is sent. Any personal queries you send in are dealt with manually and the usual turn-around time is 12-24 hours. Although it may understandably be longer than this on weekends or public holidays.

Revised payments: If we offered a higher price, the first cheque with the original quote is sent and then another cheque making up the final accepted price is sent, so the second cheque should be on its way to you if you are waiting.

I can assure you we are not trying to "scam" anyone! Please do get in touch with the customer services team if you have any queries or questions -0844 571 7676
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't trying to "scam" people, why use an 0844 number??
  • haffyjhaffyj Forumite
    2 Posts
    I sent my samsung soul to thhem after being the highest quote which was £28, just got an e-mail saying the phone is now worth only £6!!! :eek: as well as a list of things apparently wrong with it which is poppy-!!!! as i was using the phone right up until i sent it!!! so i have e-mailled them back saying i am very unhappy about this quote
  • haffyjhaffyj Forumite
    2 Posts
    Hi all,

I work for Mobile Phone Xchange and have to say I am shocked at the descriptions of experiences some of you have had. We set up the company to allow people to sell their mobile phones to gain a bit of extra income, especially in such hard and often stressful times, but if we are adding to your stress I can only apologise.

If you feel you have been wronged, please do get in contact with us. Because of the rise of the company we have employed more staff to man incoming calls so if you have had trouble in the past getting through to us this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

You should remember that your initial quote is not a gurantee, if our inspectors see damage as per our terms and conditions the price may be reduced. However, if you are not happy we will gladly re-inspect. Sometimes they do get it wrong, but who hasn't made a mistake before? We raise our hands and take responsibilty for any misquotations but if this can be rectified we endeavour to do so.

Those of you complaining are unfortunately in a minority, the majority of out customers have a hassle-free experience, but we do want to please everyone so please get in touch with us if you have a problem. The number for you to call is 0844 571 7676.

Don't give up!
    MPX

Well so far all i am reading is nothing but bad news and i wish i had gone elsewhere!!! i kow for certain onh mykids lives all that was wrong with my phone was a crack touch pad but it was all working fine wheni sent it now it cant be turned on or used??? what lies
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides