A Payment a Day Part 3

Options

Comments

• dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    Hopeful1 wrote: »
    Hey Danko! How you doin' hun? I started a PPI battle on behalf of hubby. I ended up sending it to FOS and it's taken a bloomin' long time, but we're close to the end and it should go in our favour. Ours was based on the fact OH declined it on application form and was never sent an agreement for the card or any policy info related to the PPI. They claimed he'd agreed in phone convo but no proof. When asked why he'd paid every month we said 'cause he thought he had to until revent media attention. HTH xxx
    :hello: Hi Hopeful! I'm great thanks, just monging out on the sofa with a beer and OH watching CSI New York :beer: Hope all's well with you too?

Oo fingers crossed you get everything though OK now :D - I can't believe how long some claims take but I guess they're checking through everything. That's a bit naughty the Company are saying 'it was agreed on the phone' - cheeky scamps aren't they! Have you found it all quite straight forward to get going?

I was reading through all of Martin's bumf before so trying to get to grips with it. I've managed to find all my paperwork and according to a letter from smEgg, they refunded me by taking the money off what I owed them but I'm thinking there might be like a few months they owe me before I cancelled :confused:

The other thing I found was that I'm paying a fair chunk of interest on my HFC loan! So young and niave back then! :rotfl: £7k loan over 7 years, paying back nearly £12k... :rolleyes: I'll get round to it!!

Aww thanks for you help anyhows Hopeful and hope you're successful with your PPI claim! :D
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2009 at 6:24AM
    Options
    Morning peeps ...

Just a quick post for me at the moment ...

My daughter was on the computer 'till late last night so i never got around to posting my PAD for saturday on here ! ...

So just to confuse Hopeful1 my PAD for Saturday was £10.87 ! .... I'll sort out todays PAD a bit later on ....

This was my food diary for sat ...
    1 salad ..
    1 bar of CHOCCY ! ... 393 calories ! ( bought for me ! )
    Hmmmmmmmmmm not too bad , for a diet day !

Ooooooooooooh Danko there's a very, extremely , important , " thread " in urgent need of your input /assistance ! b-wink.gifhttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1649195
    ..... I can't believe you haven't posted on it yet ! shock.gif ....

Catch you all later ...

terri x kiss-1.gif( My PAD for saturday was £10.87 )
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

£8.40 for me today to savings.

Have a lovely Sunday!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I am still around but have been so busy and trying to sort out a balance transfer on my Barclaycard, I had a balance of £6000 and they have offered 0% balance transfer for 12 mths so have been busy transferring the balance away and will then take it back.

I am kicking myself though, ages ago I cleared my Capital One and had a small credit, last month I wrote and asked them to refund it and close the account. Well now I have £1000 left on the Barclaycard and I have no space on any credit cards and could have done with this card!!!!!

Anyhoo later today I am going to raid all my accounts and see how much I can come up with to get rid of the last £1000.
    Failing that I might leave a small balance there, I know it will accrue at 24.9% and the balance transfer will clear first but £1000 @ 24.9% is better than £6000 @ 24.9% isn't it?

Not sure how much money I will have as last night had meal out for Mum's 50th - 18 of us in a pub conservatory - it was excellent.
    Today we have a country show to go to and might spend lots of country things!!!

Will come back later and also try to make a PED (Payment Every Day) without fail.

EE

P.S I would like to join the diet thread I think!!
    Can I just say Lil that for a diet I don't think you are eating enough? Which I know sounds daft but it is true.
    As you are eating so little your body is retaining everything it can because it doesn't know when the next food will be available so you won't lose much weight.
    I have tried Slimming World before and when done properly you can lose loads of weight, basically you eat 'free' food all day long starting at breakfast and this kicks starts your metabolism which goes into overdrive and helps you lose weight.
    Free food being things like fruit, vegetables, pasta, rice etc. (The best thing is that some of the packet mixes of Batchelor's Pasta n Sauce are free so you could eat these all day long!! - a very quick food!!)
    You are also allowed a certain amount of dairy and carbohydrates.
    I can post more if anyone is interested.
  • cashless_wonder
    Options
    Good morning folks - why in the name of all that is holy am I up & about at half 7 when I don't have to go to work today ?

Any how, todays PAD is . . .

£10.00 to evil Egg
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - and what a lovely morning it is in the country - lovely and sunny and WARM!

Yestreday my PAD was a fantastic £51.71 (some paid me a cheque that they owed), today's effort is a more humble £1

Have a good day everyone.

Ninno x:j
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • mumofthreemonkies83
    Options
    Good morning guys

Happy Sunday to you all, hope Andy has a fab day at the London marathon.Does anybody know if hes actually running or just watching?

Little update on brother, I didnt get in to see him yesterday :-(
    Our Auntie, Mum and two other brothers went and youre only supposed to have 2 visitors at a time :o Depending who wants to go today I might get a visit :rolleyes: I dont mind though, its great that everyone cares and hes getting lots of people going to see him.The poor lady in the next bed doesnt get any visitors at all :(

Anyway ive been told hes MUCH better and was chatting pretty much non stop from 2pm till 4 and although visiting doesnt finish till 8pm they had to leave as he was getting very tired and needed a nap.Hes still very dizzy and cant stand plus has the constant headache but hes off the drip and can sit up unaided for short periods.
    He remembers being in resuscitation room and all of us asking him if he was ok but still doesnt know what happened.Dont think he ever will now but dont suppose it matters, hes getting better and thats such a massive relief.
    Still got to have a high resolution scan to see whats happening in his brain but we'll deal with that when the time comes :-)

£14.80 to CC2 and platinum, were getting there now :D
    mumof4 xx

Extra thanks again to everyone for their messages, theryre much appreciated and im very grateful to you all
    Thanks for the totals Hopeful, have we anyone lined up for May??

03/12/2010 [STRIKE]£9,736.56[/STRIKE] :(
    15/2/2011 9878.75

• Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Hi mumof4. That's great news to about your brother. Isn't it sad when people don't have visitors? I know when my Grandad's been in. i always end up chatting to others. It must be soul destroying for those in for the long term.

I do believe that Terri has volunteered for May? :rolleyes:

Take care hun xxxx#
    One step at a time ;)
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Oo fingers crossed you get everything though OK now :D - I can't believe how long some claims take but I guess they're checking through everything. That's a bit naughty the Company are saying 'it was agreed on the phone' - cheeky scamps aren't they! Have you found it all quite straight forward to get going?
    I was reading through all of Martin's bumf before so trying to get to grips with it. I've managed to find all my paperwork and according to a letter from smEgg, they refunded me by taking the money off what I owed them but I'm thinking there might be like a few months they owe me before I cancelled :confused:
    The other thing I found was that I'm paying a fair chunk of interest on my HFC loan! So young and niave back then! :rotfl: £7k loan over 7 years, paying back nearly £12k... :rolleyes: I'll get round to it!!
    Aww thanks for you help anyhows Hopeful and hope you're successful with your PPI claim! :D

xx

Hi Danko. Starting the process off was dead easy. I just followed the advice from here and on CAG. Once i got to the point where the company were saying "No and that's our final response" i sent the complaint to FOS. The only reason it's dragged on is 'cause they've refused to accept FOS's initial decision which went in our favour. This means we've had to wait for the ombudsman to make a decision. We've seen his 1st response but both parties have a deadline by which they can submit further evidence which could change his view. The company have said they have no call recordings so i don't see what they coud come up with that will make a difference.

If you want to see any letters i've sent or to ask anymore, pm me and i'll send you my email addy. Never give up with these barstewards is my motto.

With regards to HFC - :mad: i have a loan with extortionate interest. Some fab people on CAG had a look at the agreement, but unfortunately said it had been set out ok. It's deffo worth checking tho ;)
    One step at a time ;)
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Morning all!
    Am doing my Sunday morning 'catch-up' with all the paperwork etc. Reaslised I hadn't posted since the 23rd:eek:
    So here are my PAD's since then:

24th April - 0.07 :o
    25th April - 4.77:j

I think I embarrassed DD1. I had pre-checked my shopping list on one of those comparison sites and therefore knew exactly which products I wanted yesterday. She shopped picking up our 'usual' items. No, no, says I, I want THIS one because I can save .... pence on it!!! But mum, we're only saving 5p! Yes, DD1, but it all adds up. She learnt the saying 'look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves':rotfl:

Anyhoo, as a result, I was able to pay £4.77 yesterday as my savings from the weekly shop:T

Enjoy Sunday
    x
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure