We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hannoja wrote: »
    *I gave the skin to the dog; because it's not that nice. I do tend to eat the skin/fat//rind/crackling on meat if I like it, though I notice some seem to take it off.. Fat is okay right..? (though I have to admit I'm confused about which is 'bad'. Trans fat is bad. Saturated fat is bad too I think..? so perhaps I should be taking fat off meat.. :think: )
    Skymist wrote: »
    hannoja, this might help explain your "white out" bit.

http://www.carbohydratescankill.com/3341/carbohydrate-restriction-constipation

HTH.

S
    By definition, ketogenic diet consists mainly of foods rich in fat and adequate amount of protein, little or no carbohydrate. Indeed, the lacking of carbohydrate may justify the cause of constipation in these ketogenic dieters. However, in many cases, these dieters still experience constipation or difficulty in defecation, despite that they do consume enough amount of dietary fibers from green leafy vegetables, Apparently, the cause of constipation is not limited to the lack of dietary fibers. Rather, excess consumption of animal saturated fats is responsible for constipation.
    That could be it! Thank you so much! So more attention to what fat I eat now: not from a weight loss perspective, but from a health perspective. Constipation is bad for your health. Becoming laxative-dependant is bad for your health. I must rid myself of this unpleasant affliction!

:D
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2012 at 10:56PM
    Options
    That could be it! Thank you so much! So more attention to what fat I eat now: not from a weight loss perspective, but from a health perspective. Constipation is bad for your health. Becoming laxative-dependant is bad for your health. I must rid myself of this unpleasant affliction!

:D

I wish I could say 'eat more veg' but since I've been extra vegging I've been a bit 'slow' :) Who'd a thort it? Getting 3L clear liquid drinking too LOL

Must get more vit c cos when you reach your limit bowel is moved :)
    Aparentli :rotfl:

Bumsticks!

It's all t*ts up and the world is not a better place for eating spinach! Well actually it is :) :rotfl: I'm just trying to find better ways to swear and complain.

MXXX

Bumsticks works, is it a good swear word?
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • hannoja
    Options
    lol Mercy. Yeah, "Bumsticks!" works for me! :rotfl:

Feeling a bit miserable atm.. sort of.. the 'diluted wine' is going down nicely, but now I feel playful and alas........ life is dull :wall:

If only Merlin were a real world in which I could immerse myself.....
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    lol Mercy. Yeah, "Bumsticks!" works for me! :rotfl:

Feeling a bit miserable atm.. sort of.. the 'diluted wine' is going down nicely, but now I feel playful and alas........ life is dull :wall:

If only Merlin were a real world in which I could immerse myself.....

I read books. Sorts it out for me. V good books :)

Glad you like bumsticks!
    Good to use when littl uns are around :)

MX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bumsticks reminded me of the old joke about the constipated mathematician.

Apparently, he worked it out with a pencil.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,165 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LOVE the new terms you are all coming up with.. bumsticks (and attendant bad joke) and playful...:rotfl::rotfl:

Up before the birds today as I have to drive to East Midlands, let's hope I make it back without getting stuck in snow. Got my car packed with stuff to keep me warm, entertain me and feed me. Nuts and water!

Not had breakfast yet but will nibble some cheese on the way down with my cup of coffee.

Hope everyone keeps well and LC!

:)
  • hannoja
    Options
    Yesterday was.. hmm...

B: Slice of wholemeal toast with butter <drools>, slice of fruit bread toast with Flora buttery <thlrrp>
    L: Few cubes of cheese (Tesco cheapie 0.1g carbs./100g), ~4 Brazil nuts, a Peperami
    T: Cauliflower/broccoli cheese (heated cream with cheese and a dollop of Boursin peppery stirred in), and a couple of coley portions.

O: Tea, coffee, 2-3 pints water, best part of a bottle of red wine! :eek: with low cal lemonade.

Exercise: Hour's doggie walk inc. 10 mins 'HIIT', ~30 mins. Just Dance 2 extra songs, ~40 mins. Yoga.
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    nuttybabe wrote: »

Sofababe - are your clothes feeling loser on you? it might be muscle as you are so active. could you be having something like coffee that stalls you or sweetner?

I have about 5 cups of decaff a day, could that really be stopping me losing weight? My clothes are just the same, as is my waist measurement.
    I don't use sweetener in my coffee or tea, just a spoonful on my rhubarb.

I've decided to write down the carb, fat, protein content of everything I eat and drink today to see if that makes it any clearer why I'm struggling to lose weight.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I had a bit of wine last night and lots of choccy :o but i also did a bit of research. lager is 1.5 carbs per 100ml. Red wine is 0.3 carbs per 100ml and dry white wine is 0.6 carbs per 100ml. of course i think mine was medium sweet which was 3.4, sweet is 5.9 i think and rose 2.5. Red is best peps! :D

today i am having

brunch - bacon, eggs and fried tomatoe
    t - chicken with salad

snacks - ham, cheese, peperoni crisps if i remember :D

*sneaks off to buy some red wine*
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sofababe wrote: »
    I have about 5 cups of decaff a day, could that really be stopping me losing weight? My clothes are just the same, as is my waist measurement.
    I don't use sweetener in my coffee or tea, just a spoonful on my rhubarb.

I've decided to write down the carb, fat, protein content of everything I eat and drink today to see if that makes it any clearer why I'm struggling to lose weight.

Decaf coffee is fine. It is the caffeine that blocks the weight loss.

@nuttybabe I thought artificial sweeteners were OK. Am I wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport