We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of work!

Which post did you use murphydog?

Cheers

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,165 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Ooh red pepper soup, sounds lovely, recipe please :)

Morning from the frozen North.

Recipe is too fine a word for this concoction. I just roasted a cut up BNS (complete with skin on) and a couple of red peppers until soft. Sizzled some onion, added water and stock and then the vegs, brought it all back to the boil and then blitzed with the blender. Think there's garlic and chillies in there too along with some lemon juice. Oh, and some oat bran for the healthy effect! I don't tend to have a proper recipe though. Tastes lovely.

Cold, cold, cold! Got heating on for a bit to make the bathroom usable otherwise my shower would be a form of exposure. Got bacon and egg for brekkie, soup for lunch (:j) and then probably our usual Friday night Chinese takeaway, I don't have rice or chips just the meat bit.

Going to hid away from the snow.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Smee :hello:

Woke up feeling not quite right again for the third day in a row (sore neck, kind of 'tender' on the side of my head, tummy pain (about time I went to the loo 'properly', so may be that! Sorry). Ccccolllddd, so just had toast! Well, kept thinking about it, so thought I'd shut it up :p

Yesterday was good, though exercise was a right struggle, due to not feeling the full ticket:

B: 2 frankies with Colac (youngest wanted these too, so I let him. Hehe. Not the healthiest breakfast, but occasionally won't hurt him)
    L: Prawn cocktail, red Gem lettuce, watercress, chilli flakes
    T: Stir fried cauli, mushrooms, Asda g/f sausages, red chilli, bit of Garam Masala. Yummm!! (stir fried left over sausages - after they've gone cold/hard - and veg is my fave meal atm!)

O: Tea, Coffee, ~4 pints water/green tea/lemon, Peperami, couple of DeBron wine gums... c'est ca

Exercise: Dog walk, inc. 10 mins. 'HIIT'*, Callanetics

*Not sure about the 'High Impact', but I do my best, and it's easier to type :D

I'm glad you said about the bread Mazzers, because although I need to get a coffee grinder and flax/linseed first, I was a little confused about which one I was going to try first!

Well done Gers. Sounds like you're in 'determined mode' :cool:

Better go and get the boys up and start the day............. (weeely don't feeel like it... whine, whine...... )
  • schoolhouse
    Options
    Morning all,it be freezing here too. Am feeling quite pleased with myself as I have survived a whole 16hours with cake in the house and not eaten any:j

Had to make some for my son's class cake sale. Made fudgy chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla cream cheese frosting.I erred on the side of caution and made them with ground almonds instead of flour just in case I caved..damage control:o Got the OH to taste test and he said they were very good. I may have to tweak the recipe to make the recipe more LC,would need a sugar substitute. Never used one in cooking. Is it usually Spenda that is used or stevia?

Anyway,enough rambling from me. Hope you all have a good day.My eating for the day...

B- Egg mayo with some ham and rocket
    L- Chicken noodle soup(with no noodles:p)
    D- Sausages, roasted peppers and courgettes
    and some greenery(kale and cabbage maybe)
    S- Ham/egg mayo and brazil nuts.
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    nuttybabe wrote: »
    Hiya

Hannoja - well done on losing 4lbs.

its really interesting to see what vitamins people take. i dont take anything although i used to take glocosamine (sp) and really noticed when i stopped taking it. need to get some more. but other than that i dont take any vitamins. but i do feel i am eating alot more healthy now and have loads more veg than before.

I got some jam today that is lower than my other one. the one i have been using is 60g per 100 and the new one is 40g per 100. i will be looking out for an even lower one though. :p

Today I have had

b - oopsie with butter and jam (managed not to burn it today! :D)
    l - mince and veg with cheese
    t - low carb sauages with tomatoes and cauli mash with cheese

not had any snacks as i have been busy all day. but alos not had much to drink.

Nuttybabe -LIDL reduced sugar blackcurrant jam-29gms carbs per 100g!:beer:
  • murphydog999
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot of work!

Which post did you use murphydog?
    Cheers Mx

That was was your post 9683 on the previous page.
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    Day 29 of my LC life and not a single ounce lost (or a single millimetre) :mad:
    I just don't get it at all. I have less than 20g carbs a day, a good amount of fat with my protein and I'm pretty active during the day. I'm starting to think that LC is not the way for me :(
    I'm so bloated today that I can't get my jeans fastened properly and the scales tell me that I've put on half lb :eek:

I could cry!!!!
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

Hannoja - well done on losing 4lbs.

Thank you :D
    I got some jam today that is lower than my other one. the one i have been using is 60g per 100 and the new one is 40g per 100. i will be looking out for an even lower one though. :p

I bought this one recently (raspberry). Rather pricey, but ~15g of carbs/100g, half of which sugars. Just opened it, especially for you, and it's not bad. Slightly strange looking texture, but nice raspberry taste. It will last me ages - especially since I don't have anything to put it on yet.. :rotfl:

Had success in the bathroom this morning, which has put a bit of a spring in my step. Will white out the next bit for those who don't appreciate tmi!
    Was there for about 15 mins., was like having a baby, especially my youngest, who got stuck! This diet kind of makes me go less/need to go less, but everything is denser, more compact, and quite frankly, a pain in the bum! Literally!
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sofababe wrote: »
    Day 29 of my LC life and not a single ounce lost (or a single millimetre) :mad:
    I just don't get it at all. I have less than 20g carbs a day, a good amount of fat with my protein and I'm pretty active during the day. I'm starting to think that LC is not the way for me :(
    I'm so bloated today that I can't get my jeans fastened properly and the scales tell me that I've put on half lb :eek:

It's very unusual to get bloating on LC. It's usually one of the first things that gets sorted out.

Was this a problem for you before?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family