We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well flipping done sis! You should be proud of yourself, that's really good! :T

My total is 23lbs which is nowhere near as good as it could've been if I'd been being good all the time but it's still making a wee difference.

Got to go out and buy growbags and stuff today. We won a Rocket Garden pack which arrived yesterday and it's full of vegetable and strawberry plants that I have nowhere to put. Be interesting to see if we can grow our own lettuce and carrots etc. I'm not really a gardener but will give it a good go.

Weather is miserable here today, rainy and dull so not really in the mood for venturing out but needs must. See you all later.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    My total is 23lbs which is nowhere near as good as it could've been if I'd been being good all the time but it's still making a wee difference.

:T 23lbs is a lot of weight well done , you should see a difference with that :T
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow - well done Sistercas & Alias :j:beer::beer:

You`ve both lost loads. I daren`t go near the scales as i`m sure i`ve gained :o

I`m starving now and can`t get near the kitchen as the bloke fitting it is in there, i`ll probably end up getting something out later. I should`ve known better than to start back lcing before the kitchen was done but i was raring to go :(

Never mind, it WILL happen eventually :D

I`m off to look at pictures of food :D

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Election Shambles last night - 300 people still to vote when I left my polling station (aftter queueing for an hour and a half). Near riots, police called, station kept open (illegally) for half an hour later than it should have been . Very exciting, we were namechecked in the independent! Some very angry voters though.

ANyway my weigh in last night at Alizonne was pants. Only 1.3 pounds lost in five days which is rubbish. But my scales say 3 pounds, so I'm not too despondent. Think it might be the difference between weighing in teh morning and the evening. still means I've lost 8lb in two weeks by my reckoning, which is good. Hopefully more this week.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    morning :D
    the only down side with icing is I am fed up with eggs for breakfast , I have had 2 lc crackers with butter and cheese this morning but I dont know if that will fill me till lunchtime

My thoughts exactly, i had 2 lc crispbreads spread with thick butter and low sugar jam today, made a nice change.

Lost 2lb already, i know its only fluid but my trousers are looser and its nearly totm so im happy enough.

Well done sistercas, didnt realise you'd done so well icon14.gif
    Or you Alias, thought like me you'd put it all back on.
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :hello:

Well done to all you losers (no insult intended :rotfl:) that's oodles of weight lost in total!! :j
    Think I'm nearly 2 stones less than when I joined this thread in Jan '09 (which is a bloomin' miracle after much yo-yoing & [EMAIL="f@rting"]f@rting[/EMAIL] about for the last however many months :o) I think I'm a loser this week as well but will wait until Monday for my official weigh-in.

sister, do you make low-carb soup?? I find that keeps hunger pangs at bay & it's something you could have mid-morning if you were peckish after having the crispbreads for brekkie?? Instead of eggs on a morning, how about having piggies in blankets?? You could cook them in bulk, store them in the fridge & just give them a heat up in the microwave.

Glad it's Friday today :D Have a good weekend everyone :wave:
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    Options
    great work to all you losers keep it up :j:j:j:j
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    -in.

sister, do you make low-carb soup?? I find that keeps hunger pangs at bay & it's something you could have mid-morning if you were peckish after having the crispbreads for brekkie?? Instead of eggs on a morning, how about having piggies in blankets?? You could cook them in bulk, store them in the fridge & just give them a heat up in the microwave.

Glad it's Friday today :D Have a good weekend everyone :wave:

no I used to make soup alot before icing but I hadnt thought about doing a lc one. what do people bung in their lc soups?

piggies in blankets thats a fab idea, I do fancy those , I have just been to tesco and bought some hotdogs to try but I fancy the piggies in blankets more :D

mazzers couldtn find the 85% choc in tesco but came away with a 74% one for 79p ( 4% higher than the previous one)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Or you Alias, thought like me you'd put it all back on.

I had, until the recent developments which meant it kinda just fell off again. :undecided
    sistercas wrote: »
    mazzers couldtn find the 85% choc in tesco but came away with a 74% one for 79p ( 4% higher than the previous one)

Morrisons Organic 70% choc is lower in carb than some with a higher percentage of cocoa in. Problem is, it's definitely very moreish. I can't buy it cos I don't have the ability to stop at 2 squares. :o
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    Every bar of chocolate I've ever bought from Morrisons has been stored badly and fallen out of 'temper' (white bloom, dull snap, unsatisfying taste). We've complained and they've replaced them but they're all bad - Morrisons near us seem to have no idea how to store chocolate. Being a chocoholic and a baker I get very shirty about these things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport