We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    ( no comment from Alias on that one plz :p )

I have very little fun in my life as it is without you putting a ban on possible joke material! :p:D

However, I will make like a :silenced: (gagged smilie, lol) and say nothing. :rotfl:
    sarahs999 wrote: »
    Morning peeps. Hope you're all enjoyinhg the sunshine - how come you all get to be outside? Don't you have jobs to go to? Or are you all outdoor workers (in which case how come you're always on here?).

I'm at home almost 24/7 as a carer (my eldest son has various disabilities) so I don't work. I try to drag my sorry @ss out for walks to get some exercise and break the monotony. :D

Oh and it's dull and miserable here btw, no sun for us. :(

Sarah, sounds like you're doing really well on this diet, well done. :T
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Morning peeps. Hope you're all enjoyinhg the sunshine - how come you all get to be outside? Don't you have jobs to go to? Or are you all outdoor workers (in which case how come you're always on here?).

Walnuts in burgers are nice though I've only had them in veggie burgers.

Unfortunately i am only part time, looking for more hours but none available atm :(

I could change depts maybe, but actually like the one i'm on, even though it was a struggle at first and i nearly packed it in, i persevered and am glad.

Love walnuts, especially in cakes, dont fancy them in burgers though.
    th_yuk-yuk.gif
  • sweetserendipity
    sweetserendipity Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options

I'm a mature student :D Or at least I will be when my OU stuff arrives!! :rotfl:

Not rubbing it in, honest, but the walk along the beach was fantastic, just the right amount of seaweed smell iykwim?! Lovely day here, not too warm & not too cold (I don't do extreme temperatures :o) Loads of people about though (most of whom seemed to be eating fish & chips or icecreams :drool:), could have done with being on a deserted beach on the West coast of Scotland instead *sigh*

Bought some fish from M&S (we can actually buy it off fishing boats straight from the sea here but I never do, they still have eyes!!) anyway, got 2 packs of lemon sole & 1 pack of salmon on offer '3 packs for £10'. Got their watercress sauce to go with the salmon, more low-carb than low-gi but it's so lush I couldn't resist.

Ok, I'm just waffling now :o Better go & chase up this OU stuff.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,166 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon peeps - good to read all about your lives/struggles/successes!

I'm back on the road to wellness.. and back to work soon too. :j

Tonight I'm concocting a salady type thing: boiled egg, very crispy bacon, salad leaves, yellow pepper, rather old tomatoes,coleslaw and some lovely crunchy tasty radishes. Nothing too exciting but really tasty.

Fingers crossed for you all.

:T
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Send me some tips ;)

It's all that 'shaking my thang' exercise I do with the stereo on and the hoover in my hand. Shakira eat your heart out girl!

All that practice means I shimmy when I walk........men magnet me. :rotfl:

(That's all shoite btw. :D)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    Options
    Didn't do my cooking, went out for a mosey round the shops instead :)

Bought a nice Jeff Banks linen shirt.. ok, so it's a mans one, but it is coral and i happen to like masculine clothes on women........... hmm, wonder if thats why i'm not getting any action, maybe i look like a fat bloke in make up :rotfl:

So, i may or i may not make my pasta sauce this evening (before the tomatoes go off) i have yet to do my 15mins on crosstrainer, but i did do it Mon and Tue :j

Have been quite good foodwise, did have a bite of crusty bread, but came to my senses in time, by tomorrow things should be easier.
    Still got lots of soup in the freezer from last time, had one today and was lovely :)

Going up my nieces again tomorrow, so wont be here til the evening.
  • mazzers
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    It's all that 'shaking my thang' exercise I do with the stereo on and the hoover in my hand. Shakira eat your heart out girl!
    :D)

Now theres a fine image in my head :rotfl:
  • chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Thanks for the warm welcome, just a quick update. Had an ok weekend, went on a date at the weekend and I didn't want him to think I had food issues (besides the visible ones!) so ate normally.

This week has mostly been me eating lots of egg whites, turkey bacon for brekkie and chicken salad for tea. I'm going to try and find these shiritaki noodles though cos I'm really missing pasta. Has anyone tried them?
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • mazzers
    Options
    chika wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

Thanks for the warm welcome, just a quick update. Had an ok weekend, went on a date at the weekend and I didn't want him to think I had food issues (besides the visible ones!) so ate normally.

This week has mostly been me eating lots of egg whites, turkey bacon for brekkie and chicken salad for tea. I'm going to try and find these shiritaki noodles though cos I'm really missing pasta. Has anyone tried them?

You could try dreamfields pasta, its lc, but does raise some folks blood sugars i believe, lowcarbmegastore sells it.
    Not tried the noodles, i have bolognaise over ribboned courgette which is lovely :)
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    ciderwithrosie_2 Posts: 3,707 Forumite
    Options
    chika wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

Sorry Chika, I couldn't find your other post - can I just ask tho why you're having egg whites and turkey bacon on a low-carb diet? - too much protein and not a lot else is rather dangerous and unhealthy. You need natural fats for energy and a 'million' other bodily processes.

regards CWR
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income