We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning everyone :santa2:

daisy, I have 4lbs to lose, but less than 4 weeks to lose it, to reach my goal of losing a stone before Christmas!!
    I admit I do fully intend putting said stone back on over Christmas!! :o:rotfl:

Dr_D_D, well done on the 3 inches off your waist :T

Gers, good luck at the Dentist, rather you than me _pale_

Menu for today:
    B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese
    D - bol with cauli/leek/garlic mush cheesiness

Might make some of Mercy's chocolate buns if I have time this afternoon :drool:

Have a good day all :santa2:
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been inspired by alias' new avvy to change my own avvy for Christmas - well, tis 1st December, got to get into the spirit of things!! :rudolf:

Very fetching. (But not a patch on my festive fur :p:rotfl:)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options

daisy, I have 4lbs to lose, but less than 4 weeks to lose it, to reach my goal of losing a stone before Christmas!!

Dr_D_D, well done on the 3 inches off your waist :T

Gers, good luck at the Dentist, rather you than me _pale_

Menu for today:
    B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese
    D - bol with cauli/leek/garlic mush cheesiness

You asked for that!! :D

Well done though, it doesnt seem very long since you started :T
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Very fetching. (But not a patch on my festive fur :p:rotfl:)

I didn't think you had fur, festive or otherwise, methinks you must have stopped using your laser-hair removal thingy!! :rotfl:
    mazzers wrote: »
    Well done though, it doesnt seem very long since you started :T

Hmmmm, think it was about the same time as you started, wasn't it?! :p
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't think you had fur, festive or otherwise, methinks you must have stopped using your laser-hair removal thingy!! :rotfl:

Hmmmm, think it was about the same time as you started, wasn't it?! :p

Noooo ... you know wot i mean.. being a goody two shoes :rolleyes:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

YAY! :j That's so doable babes! Well done! Bet you'll only put half of that back on, you're no piggywiggy really :rotfl: Anyway it'll give you summat to do come the New Year :D

Oh, yeah, make the buns, hun. You KNOW you want to :rotfl:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Isklar
    Isklar Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Hello lc'ers.. thinking about trying to lose some weight but not sure how yet.
    Just a couple of questions, is it true that eating lc seems to kill your cravings for sugar etc? And you dont feel hungry on it?
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    S'bin another rubbish 10 hrs of work but it's done for a bit :rotfl:

B - boiled egg, frankfurters and cheese
    L - spicy pork n veg stew
    D - Brie, ham, chorizo, cranberry n salad

All tasty stuff!

Am finding that I don't feel so hungry late on if I have enough during the day (no sweet cravings either). Also I'm simply on my feet, moving about all day and having to concentrate harder and for longer. Am hoping that this excessive activity will pay off but my new scales are out of bats so I really don't know :)

Doesn't matter really, feel well n happy :j even though back aint right yet it's doable.

Hope you too are well n happy, love you guys! :beer:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Noooo ... you know wot i mean.. being a goody two shoes :rolleyes:

Doh!! I meant I started being a goody two shoes about the same time as you said you were going to start being good (see your quote below from November!!) :rotfl:
    I am back on track as of today, i want to lose a stone by xmas too icon7.gif

We have gone back a long way though, haven't we, think I joined this thread in January - we should both be sylph-like by now!! :o

Just realised, tis Wednesday so you out on the razz!! Hope you having/had a good night!! :beer:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    YAY! :j That's so doable babes! Well done! Bet you'll only put half of that back on, you're no piggywiggy really :rotfl: Anyway it'll give you summat to do come the New Year :D

Oh, yeah, make the buns, hun. You KNOW you want to :rotfl:

MXXX

Thank you!! :D

But if I can put 8lbs on in less than a week (during October hols), then I think I can manage a stone over the Christmas holidays!! :o :rotfl: And yes, I am very much a piggywiggy lol!! :D

The buns are made!! Started making them before Corrie but had to wait for the choc to cool, so finished them off afterwards. The smell is deeeeeeeeelicious but won't have any until tomorrow as I've already had 2 more crispbreads with my wine tonight!! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport