We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jeez Mercy, just saw the car comment, bet you got a helluva fright. That's happened to me once, years ago and I still remember how scary it felt.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Morning all. Thought I'd stick my head round the door to say Hi.

Happy late birthday Mazzers. :)

Haven't read back pages cos you lot gab too much and I'd be here all day. :rolleyes::p:D

Sweet, nice to see you stll here, have you been very good?

It wont surprise anyone to know I haven't. :rotfl: January has been earmarked as our....(note the plural there ;)) 'get a grip' month. We need to reign in our eating (again) and our spending so there will be 3 of us in this house who will be changing things together.

So if I re-appear then...will you all still talk to me? :D

Well well, was only thinking of you yesterday icon7.gif

Remember how good i was doing, well i'm hopeless now, have put quite a few lbs back on, but kept a few off too.
    Lets get back to it then, lovely to hear from you, i'v missed you :rolleyes:
    Welcome back :kisses3:
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Hi all!

Nice and sqeeky clean so off for a little pamper, not had much time for that lately so will enjoy to the max :j
    MXXX

PS - not freezing in Bolton yet but the car did a 180 on black ice ont way to work this morn (near Darwen) - glad nowt coming the other way!

Careful, we dont want one of our lc'ers leaving us ;)

What pampering did you have Mercy?
    I have been given a pampering voucher by colleagues in work, been wondering what to go for :confused:
    Might ge a nice cut n blow dry for the xmas do on Sat icon7.gif
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Yaaay, alias is coming back to us!! :j:j:j

Has been a loooooooong time :rolleyes: Where have you been hiding?! :confused:

Yes, I'm being a goody-two-shoes, no naughty corner for me these days!! :A I'm 4lbs away from losing a stone for Christmas so feeling pretty [STRIKE]smug[/STRIKE] pleased with myself!! :D

Hope to see you back here soon, we have missed you!!
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Been inspired by alias' new avvy to change my own avvy for Christmas - well, tis 1st December, got to get into the spirit of things!! :rudolf:
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    oh alias welcome back and yaay well done sweets - great news honey xx
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Morning all. Thought I'd stick my head round the door to say Hi.
    January has been earmarked as our....(note the plural there ;)) 'get a grip' month. We need to reign in our eating (again) and our spending so there will be 3 of us in this house who will be changing things together.

So if I re-appear then...will you all still talk to me? :D

Hiya, hunni!
    Always glad to talk to you u nutter! Must be good to have others in your camp. Best o luck with the changes you want to make! :beer:
    Didn't really get too scared the other morn, was still half asleep and driver handled things v well. Wouldn't have liked to be the one in charge in that situ :eek:
    mazzers wrote: »
    Careful, we dont want one of our lc'ers leaving us ;)

What pampering did you have Mercy?
    I have been given a pampering voucher by colleagues in work, been wondering what to go for :confused:
    Might ge a nice cut n blow dry for the xmas do on Sat icon7.gif

After my good exfoliating shower did a total body moisturise, rubbed a little coconut oil into my hair length, a pedicure and defoliation of essential areas :rotfl: Not necessarily in that order :cool: Then, settled and sorted, wrapped in a cosy garment I had a glass of wine with a good book n a fag. :D Felt great :j

Should do that more often - wouldn't actually pay for it :) If I was paying I'd have a sauna / wet room thing followed by a good scrub and massage.

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Long day at work again, yawn :rotfl:

B - boiled egg, lumps of pork, cheese
    D - ace chicken, celery and green bean korma over cauli
    D - Brie, ham, chorizo with salad and a little cranberry sauce

Only bad thing - 1 can of strongbow. Tried to resist for far too little time :)

Bad last 2 hrs at work - something went badly wrong and it fell on me to deal with it - no back up on lates:rotfl: Have done what I can - confidently - but it'l all kick off tomorrow :eek: Luckily, the fault is not mine. The putting it right will be though :rotfl: Things are so pushed to fill a massive order that to lose time aint good. However, I didn't do it this time. I will be especially nice to the person responsible in the hope they'll forgive me too when it's my turn to fechk up :rotfl:

All in all, since I'm in manufacturing, it's good to be so busy. We seem to be bucking a trend. Many folk are losing the overtime they're used to - I'm getting more than I'm totally happy with :rolleyes: But I'm totally happy with that IYSWIM

Off to fb then bed.

Big love to all!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Dr_DiNg_DoNg
    Dr_DiNg_DoNg Posts: 3,897 Forumite
    Options
    Morning.

I will be 7 weeks this weekend :D , lost about 3 inches from my waist so far.

B 2 Quoarn saus , 2 scrambled eggs
    L Chicken fillet and cauli mash
    D Stir fry chicken with garlic, ginger and coriander .

Maybe a Vodka and Soda with a dash of sugar free lime squash
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,170 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning - got to go to the dentist for 9.00a.m so had a big breakfast (root canal treatment visit 1), 2 rashers of bacon and 2 eggs.

Lunch may well be later and become an early evening meal. Yesterday was a 'succumb-to-the -marshmallows' evening. :o Bought some things to make Christmas gifts (snowman soup) and didn't hide them from myself enough. Hey, ho... onward now.

Raining, raining and more raining.

Hope everyone is doing well and happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family