Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello luvli peeples

B - chesse n drumsticks
    L - lovely pork n veg spicy thick wonderful broth
    D - rump steak, green beans and a smidge of pepper sauce.

Not made dinner yet, so used to being in late that I've just not got round tuit yet. Will be lovely :rotfl:

Hope all are well n happy! :j

Enjoy your weekend! :beer:

Keep it low, keep it cool, keep it real. :cool:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning - am back. Actually I wrote a post on Thursday and it's not there, it was pretty late at night so perhaps I pressed the wrong button?

It's early and it's dark and it's foggy:eek: have to head out in about half an hour so will wrap up very warm. Just going to have some breakfast and shower first.

As I'll be gone all day I'm taking some chicken in passatta with me so I won't have to have sandwiches at lunch time. As for evening meal.. could be a boring chicken day. NOT boring chicken but a boring day with chicken twice.

Have fun folks.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    I'm leaving you lovely ladies for the moment, struggling with low carb at uni and it is getting me down. Am following the Paul McKenna system so that should keep me on track, had great success with it a few years ago.

Thanks for all your support.:A
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Gers, tis cold & damp here too, we had misty/fogginess earlier as well, think Winter's a-coming!! Brrrrrrrrrrr!!

Always, your meatballs sound nice, did you fry them to cook??

I'm going out for dinner tonight, so will try to be good - hubby wants to go to this place high up on the moors that has lovely open fires - only problem is, it's me that has to drive back, in the dark, with possible fogginess, whilst also avoiding sheep on the road!! :rolleyes:

Well, I'm going to attempt roasted butternut squash soup today, recipe out of the IPD book. Never tasted butternut squash before :o, so hope I like it!! Doesn't seem to be that low-carb a veg though, think it was 8 or 9g carbs per 100g?? Anyway, I've bought it now, so will give it a go.

B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese & soup
    D - ??? will try to "keep it low, keep it cool, keep it real" :cool::D

Have a good day everyone :wave:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    g&b, sorry to lose you :(

Good luck with the Paul McKenna system, presume it's the 'I can make you thin' book.

Best wishes to you & your family, especially hope your daughter does ok.

XX
  • linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've finally got round to trying the lc crispbreads, and they are lovely. I had them with Philadelphia - I hope that's allowed. I haven't lost any more weight because I did slip up a bit last week, but I am becoming much more aware of the 'hidden' carbs.
  • Always_Harassed
    Options
    Sweets Fried the meatballs but they could be done in oven in a deep roasting tin. Only problem you get quite a bit of fat out and it might cause your oven to smoke. I keep taking a bit of fat off to make sure they aren't too greasy as I'm not fond of that.

Bought a memory foam topper so will see if the stiffness eases.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    linni, full-fat cream cheese is fine, Philly or supermarket own-brand.

The roasted butternut squash soup is nice :rolleyes: Think I watered it down (with Marigold low-salt veggie stock) a bit too much though, would have preferred it thicker.
    I hated the look of the squash when it was raw, all that pith & seeds, but when it was roasted it looked & smelt gorgeous!! :drool: Was tempted to eat the skin because it reminded me of potato wedges!! :o

Oh, and we haven't gone out for dinner tonight :( thanks to manipulative behaviour, moods & misunderstandings. So dinner tonight was a bowl of bol with grated cheese. Not what I wanted. Will have S&V peanuts, crispbreads with butter & cheese & lots of wine tonight to make up for it!!
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    g&b, sorry to lose you :(

Good luck with the Paul McKenna system, presume it's the 'I can make you thin' book.

Best wishes to you & your family, especially hope your daughter does ok.

XX

Me too G&B :wave:
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi peeps, didnt get home til late last night and had work this morning, just finished catching up on here :rolleyes:

London was nice but travel cost a lot and the hotel was out of the way ( was near the 02 arena) and expensive.
    Had a fab day in Oxford Street on Thursday.

Didnt go to the tennis after all, couldnt face it, went to see A Christmas Carol 3D, was fab :T the snow was actually landing on me, well, it seemed like anyway :cool:
    Am so tired i may have already posted that, it sounded familiar :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport