Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options

Oh, and we haven't gone out for dinner tonight :( thanks to manipulative behaviour, moods & misunderstandings. So dinner tonight was a bowl of bol with grated cheese. Not what I wanted. Will have S&V peanuts, crispbreads with butter & cheese & lots of wine tonight to make up for it!!

Sorry your evening didn't work out Sweets.

Glad you had a good time in London Mazzers

My menu today has been
    Brunch - Mushroom, bacon, spinach & cheese omelette
    D. Braised beef with onion, mushroom & leeks with brussels & cauli.
    Snack. One of Mercy's chocolate buns with double cream.

Night night everyone. x
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, feeling refreshed, had a good sleep, i know its a daft time, but i will go back to sleep in a couple of hours.

I'll not go to London again unless i'm loaded ;)
    The hotel wanted £18 a bottle for £4 wine :rolleyes: we did have a couple of bottles on the first night, but found a Nisa then and wine was £7, so much better, altho, still expensive, we did think of taking our own but we had heavy bags as it was.

Also, they charged £14 for 24 hrs internet connection (wifi is usually free) so decided to go for the £6 an hour option and limit the usage, but we found that if you used it for one minute, then disconnected, and let an hour pass before logging on again,, your hour had been used so you had to pay again.. what a bloody con :mad:

So beware of the Crowne Plaza in Docklands!! They also charged £15 for 24 hr parking.
  • mazzers
    Options
    Paula, that was a great post ;)

I cant remember what i wanted to post to peeps as i had quite a bit to catch up on, so, sorry if i've not commented.
  • Always_Harassed
    Options
    Went through my wardrobe yesterday hoping to get into some of my old clothes. Found that although I have lost between 1.5 - 2 stone it has not come off my stomach but areas like my bust and legs. Result is the clothes I was wearing are hanging around the bust area but ones that are a size smaller are too tight around the middle. I now have the old lady look where the stomach is several inches bigger than my bust. Bit annoyed but am going to keep going as there is nothing else for it. The reason I mention this is would like some practical help in knowing how to alter some of my blouses to make me look a bit smarter at work, so if there are any dressmakers there please let me know.

Menu today

B eggs
    L cold meat on the go while shopping
    D roast beef, cauliflower cheese and mashed turnip Totally fav dinner and whipped cream for dessert
    snacks some nuts
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    _party_ "Happy Birthday toooo Mazzers _party_
    Happy Birthday toooo Mazzers
    Happy Biiiirthday dear Mazzers
    _party_Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu"!!_party_

:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:

mazzers, hope you have a lovely Birthday!! What you up to today?? Hopefully being spoilt rotten by your sons!!
    Glad you had a good, albeit expensive, time in London.

Things are going from bad to worse in the sweets household :( Will be a miracle if I manage to stick to low-carb, lots of bad vibes going on. :(

My planned menu for today: :rolleyes:

B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese, garlic sausage
    D - beef stew with cauli cheese & green beans

Already had my brekkie, the cheese was rank so didn't enjoy it at all, will have to nip to the Co-op to buy some nice stuff. Weather is absolutely awful, windy & pouring with rain. So, it looks like it's going to be a nice end to the weekend. Not.

See you later peeps :wave:
  • mazzers
    Options
    :rotfl: Thanks Sweet.

AH, am surprised that your weight has come off in those places as mine came off my stomach first, (its back now though)
    Sorry, cant help with the clothes question.

I will be having a relaxing day, a drink would be nice but once i start, i like to see a job finished :rolleyes: and i'm in work early tomorrow icon9.gif

I am out for a xmas meal on Wed so will celebrate then ;)
  • paula7924
    Options
    has anyone got a good LC BBQ sauce recipe, or ready made sauce. thx
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    _party_ "Happy Birthday toooo Mazzers _party_
    Happy Birthday toooo Mazzers
    Happy Biiiirthday dear Mazzers
    _party_Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu"!!_party_

:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Seconded! Have a happy afternoon / eve!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

Had a good shopping day yesterday and nice afternoon with lovely mate. Got some xmas prezzies for friends abroad so will be packing up and posting next week.

Good day cookingwise today, made pork n veg spicy stew (4 lunch portions) and a surprise creamy korma type curry with green beans in it. (2 lunch portions over cauli) The surprise was that I had cooked a large chicken leg as it'd been in the freezer long enough, then didn't know what to do with it :rotfl:

Also roasted some pork - v nice. Asda have been doing pork rolled joints at half price. Used half for the stew and roasted rest.

B - Brie, pork slices, hot boiled egg, mayo
    L - lumps of hot pork, remains of sad salad
    D - Rump steak, green beans - steak has been in the freezer long enough too lol

So I now have a mostly empty freezer, except for lunches, a pack of turkey mince and some chicken livers. Will be a good time to do a defrost, I suppose. Working late next week til thursday so it'll have to wait :rotfl:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure