We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Hi all!

Hope all you mums get a good day!

Off to Mum's in a bit, big family do so bound to be fun! Taking some mexican fudge and coconut buns. The coconut buns are very light. Mainly because there's a great hole inside each one :) Don't know how that happened, but heyho, they taste just fine.

Have a lovely day all!

MX

Hope you have a lovely day, I'm single and hundreds of miles away from all my family so days like today are kind of bittersweet, everyone is fit and well though so I've plenty to be grateful for.

Sam (whose now feeling sorry for herself!)
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »
    Hope you have a lovely day, I'm single and hundreds of miles away from all my family so days like today are kind of bittersweet, everyone is fit and well though so I've plenty to be grateful for.

Sam (whose know feeling sorry for herself!)

Aww to you too.

Its always good to have a little wallow in self pity, then a snivell to get it out of your system and afterwards you feel soo much better.

Well thats what i do anyway!!

Have some flowers for mothers day everyone
    th_naamloos-1.jpg

Anyone would think i had men on the brain, i haven't.....honest;)
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday's diet suffered from an inexplicable bout of depression:
    - Scrambled eggs and Linda McCartney sausages
    - Entire bar of dark chocolate
    - Linda McCartney roast with red wine gravy and spinach

Oh, I can so relate to this! I'm such a comfort eater too, I got hold of my chocolate but its far too bitter for me :( So instead of feeling happier I felt worse!

Anyway on the brightside I've lost 2 more pounds this week :)
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya!

Just spent 20 mins checking my lottery tickets - always forget.

For the 13 tickets and about £20 I won £10! Yipeeeee!

I'll try not to spend it all at once :rotfl:

As I'm back up to 11 stone it's nice to have some good news to share :rotfl:

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sammyjammy
    Options
    I just made the lasagne, it looks to die for, cannot wait to eat, the ham salad that was waiting in the fridge will have to be taken for work tomorrow instead!

Will report back with marks out of ten!
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'VE GOT A POLE!

It wouldn't fit the high ceilings in my bedroom so I had to put it in the basement, which has notoriously wonky floors and therefore accommodates an extremely wonky pole, resulting in a strange dance sensation.

But I've just had a good hour's workout trying to put the bloomin' thing up, followed by a good half hour actually jumping up and down on it! Woohoo! We're all saved :grin: Don't know what the lodgers will think when they go downstairs...
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • sammyjammy
    Options
    The lasagne was fantastic 10/10 but its was really liquidy did I do something wrong? Maybe too much cream!
  • mazzers
    Options
    I'VE GOT A POLE!

It wouldn't fit the high ceilings in my bedroom so I had to put it in the basement, which has notoriously wonky floors and therefore accommodates an extremely wonky pole, resulting in a strange dance sensation.

But I've just had a good hour's workout trying to put the bloomin' thing up, followed by a good half hour actually jumping up and down on it! Woohoo! We're all saved :grin: Don't know what the lodgers will think when they go downstairs...

Great news,, rather you than me tho:rotfl:

I'll stick to my cross trainer which incidentally i still haven't had. Am beginning to get suspicious now as not been contacted and no answer when i ring. Not parted with cash yet but got a feeling she's gonna say its 'damaged' or something as it went so cheap.
    Keep you posted.
  • mazzers
    Options
    sammyjammy wrote: »
    The lasagne was fantastic 10/10 but its was really liquidy did I do something wrong? Maybe too much cream!

Mine wasn't liquidy, was quite thick, did set better when cold tho as lasagnes do. Gonna make another tomorrow or tuesday so will check everything.
  • mazzers
    Options
    Wow, another 1lb overnight, folks i am a lean, mean fat burning machine :rotfl:

Is exactly 28 days and 9lb, so that'll do for now.

Have been good tho, nothing i shouldnt really have only the 85% choc.
    Off to work, back later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport