Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're not alone mazzers, I've read a few threads on exactly this. It seems to be fairly common. I have no idea why people think it's ok to do. :confused:

Would the old[strike] witch [/strike]dear not want one of her own full time? Is it easier for her to just play at being a part time cat lover maybe? There's no easy answer if she just wont listen. Have you been nice up till now? Maybe it's time to get angry with her and scare her a bit. Lol...I dont mean nastily...just very annoyed and straight to the point.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    This is what i actually wanted to say:rotfl:

It is hard if you're not much of a cook alias but is so worth the effort, i usually put cream cheese and garlic in a bacon wrapped chicken breast.
    HC your chicken idea sounds fab and i will be trying that too, got a few days off from tomorrow so gonna do a good bit of cooking, and try the lasagne again to see if i printed something wrong.
    Seeing as i still lost after eating pancakes, i will definately be having them again (occasionally)

Could've murdered my sons buttery, jammy toast this morning:o
    Had scrambled egg tho

Did i say i've had my cross trainer at last, is quite a good workout so gonna build up [strike]very[/strike] gradually.:D
  • mazzers
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    You're not alone mazzers, I've read a few threads on exactly this. It seems to be fairly common. I have no idea why people think it's ok to do. :confused:

Would the old[strike] witch [/strike]dear not want one of her own full time? Is it easier for her to just play at being a part time cat lover maybe? There's no easy answer if she just wont listen. Have you been nice up till now? Maybe it's time to get angry with her and scare her a bit. Lol...I dont mean nastily...just very annoyed and straight to the point.

I have been nice cos she's crafty, she says in a croaky old voice 'oh you are lovely to let me see a lot of mitzi, as i do miss timmy' (her cat that died) and she brought chocolate for my son.

I did get adamant after talking to cat league tho but she got stroppy-ish.
    She did have the cheek to phone me when mitzi was ill tho (lost weight) and tell me what to tell the vet, vet said she seemed ok tho.
    She also took her to the vet once without even asking me so i told her off as it wasnt an emergency and i was in work and could've gone myself when i came home. Again, there was nothing wrong with her.
    Pointless getting stressed tho as she does actually love the cats and means well.

Thought i'd better add that i'm not backward in coming forward IYKWIM
    and have got quite firm with her but she is like an old fashioned headmistressy type. And is always right apparently:rolleyes: :D

Oh and she has got one of her own full time.. my ginge
    evidently she wants both..
  • shelbythin
    Options
    Glad to hear you got your cross trainer mazzers hope you get on with it.

HC you chicken idea sounds lovely will defo give that a try at some point. I also just put cream cheese in a chicken breast and sometimes some sliced chorizo also and wrap in bacon and stick it in the oven.

Its our 1 year wedding anniversary tomorrow and as we are both on LC we want to cook a really nice meal at home, think I got starters and main sorted but looking for a nice lc pudding - any ideas appreciated.
    Started Atkins 22/02/09 - total weightloss 11lbs:j
  • mazzers
    Options
    shelbythin wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got your cross trainer mazzers hope you get on with it.

HC you chicken idea sounds lovely will defo give that a try at some point. I also just put cream cheese in a chicken breast and sometimes some sliced chorizo also and wrap in bacon and stick it in the oven.

Its our 1 year wedding anniversary tomorrow and as we are both on LC we want to cook a really nice meal at home, think I got starters and main sorted but looking for a nice lc pudding - any ideas appreciated.

How about some sugar free meringues (not got recipe tho sorry) and having raspberry pavlova, or the raspberries with jelly and cream, i adore that or plain old strawberries n cream. I personally like something light like that after all the meat.

Congrats to you both BTW
  • paula7924
    paula7924 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    homemade proper chocolate mousse
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • shelbythin
    Options
    Thanks Mazzers will do a google for sugar free meringue recipe - got some strawberries and blackberries in fridge so could use them with it.
    Started Atkins 22/02/09 - total weightloss 11lbs:j
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Strawberry cheesecake, with the crust made from almond 'pastry'?
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Difficult situation then maz. And I have no pearls of wisdom to offer. (That are still within the realms of civil that is :D ) I'd have been mightily annoyed at the vet thing though. Why dont you just turn up with a 'stray' one day and tell her you cant look after it and it will have to get put down? She might latch onto that one and leave yours alone. Of course that also runs the risk of you getting left with it. :rolleyes:

As for the cooking thing......I can do cream cheese! Tub, spoon...sorted. Yay! :rotfl:

Ok...onto the next question.

Truthful answers required here please ladies if you can bear to bare your soul, lol. ;) (And dont quote me cos I might delete this following bit later :rotfl: )

Whilst I'm not exactly the floral winceyette down to my ankles type, nor am I the Ann Summers flaunt it in your face type either. :rolleyes:

However, I'm considering getting something a little more thrilling than my usual M&S nightie to [strike]give him a heart attack with[/strike] liven things up a bit. I'm happy to say my rolls of flab are now becoming a distant memory and whilst I'm still fat, I dont look anywhere near as bad as I did. However.....I'm no lingerie model either and my self confidence kinda disappeared when the fat appeared iyswim.

Anyway, what I want to know is....for those of you who are carrying more than just a few pounds extra, do you do the M&S nightie thing or are you more adventurous? In my head, sexy lingerie is for thin people but someone (who is a fellow chubby) burst out laughing when I said that and said half her underwear drawer is full of stuff she wouldn't want her Mum to see. :confused:

Sorry if this is too personal, feel free to ignore me. :o I think I've been in a 'covered from head to toe' rut for so long now that it's hard to think any other way iyswim? (By the way...I'm not talking tassles and thongs here..just so's you know :rolleyes: :rotfl: )

Edit: I've just read the above seriously on topic posts. :D Sorry. :o Will deffo delete in a while.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • paula7924
    paula7924 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    corsets are good for holding in the wobbly bits!
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure