Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I [strike]have[/strike] had two cat also, both aged 12 from cat protection league, had since kittens but an old lady round the [strike]bend[/strike] corner has 'stolen' one of them and is trying to steal the other one
    mazzers, that is blatant cat-napping - I would be soooo angry with her!! I know her story tugs at your heart-strings but it's still not fair to effectively take someone else's cat/s. Hope you get it resolved.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    I'm considering getting something a little more thrilling than my usual M&S nightie to [strike]give him a heart attack with[/strike] liven things up a bit.
    In my [STRIKE]slimmer[/STRIKE] younger days a basque, stockings & suspenders always did the trick!! ;)
  • newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you've got plenty of loo rolls & a clear run to the loo newish!! :rotfl:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I had garlic for tea tonight. :(

I used far too many cloves of garlic when I stuffed the chicken breasts. I had 2 BIG spoonfuls of cream cheese in a bowl ready to go in the chicken and had no idea how many cloves to use. I used 3 biggies. :confused: For future use....that was far too many. :o

I can now kill a man at a hundred paces just by breathing gently on him. :rotfl:

Luckily I had some plain chicken cooking at the same time so the rest of the family were spared.

I just dont cook. :wall:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya!

Mazzers - Stealing your cat is so wrong. I'd go mental. There are 2 ways I'd approach that.

1- if she already has one of them hooked ask her to sign something that says she takes full responsability for vetinary fees.

2- I'd burst into tears and plead that she doesn't tempt your other one away. State how much your son would miss it and that you are all heartbroken. Go so far as to beg and snot.

If neither of them worked I'd go to the local papers. Maybe mentioning this to her first.

It would be best to have a witness at each attempt. A family friend who can tell the paper just what she says. (or a journalist)

Well that's the nice way of dealing with it. Won't tell you quite what I'd be tempted to do. (involves plackards and notices around the area.)

What a cow.

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    Alias - I noticed that Primark do an interesting line in baby dolls. Always flattering as they 'skim over'

Garlic is a tricky beast, be prepared to have some 'come out of your skin' tomorrow. It does that with me. I wear a certain amount of body spray and a look of indifference :)

It has health benefits so don't fret over much.

Mx
  • Mercy
    Options

I just dont cook. :wall:

Maybe you didn't cook, but you do now. Learn as you go. Nothing is wasted when we learn from it :)

Big love my garlicky mate!

Mx
  • paula7924
    paula7924 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    I used far too many cloves of garlic when I stuffed the chicken breasts. I had 2 BIG spoonfuls of cream cheese in a bowl ready to go in the chicken and had no idea how many cloves to use. I used 3 biggies. :confused: For future use....that was far too many. :o

sounds about right to me........

i guess it depends on what you're used to :D

keep going though - you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll pick it up
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • Mercy
    Options
    Mercy, I made your mexican fudge....... OMG it's gorgeous:D .
    The only problem is, I've been picking at it all day and it's all gone:o .

By the way. enjoy your cross trainer mazzers. I bought one off ebay (for £10:D ) and I'm using it 3 x a week. At first, I could barely do 10 minutes. I'm now doing 30mins non stop and covering 10k. I've only been doing it for about a month so feel I've come on quite well (especially as I've never exercised in my life:rolleyes: ).

OMG! Hope you didn't use too many chillis :) I can't manage above a quarter as it's so filling. Still there's worse you could have been snacking on, v low carb :)

Glad you like it, seems to be a hit !

Well done on the cross training, I must do more excercise. I know it all in theory - how you quickly get so much better etc, just need to actually DO it :)

Mx
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So much for being in the zone - the supermarket got me :o

I went straight from work to see my friend and her new born baby girl ( who was beautiful btw) and popped into Waitrose (that bloody place) came out with tortilla chis and dips to make nachos, I ate them but didn't even enjoy so at least its not the high carb slippery slope, I feel like a bulimic and want to put my finger down my throat I feel so yucky (no offence meant to people with eating disorders just trying to explain feelings!)

The though of all that garlic doesn't help.... wish hadn't read :(
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family