Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• newish2this
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    OMG! Hope you didn't use too many chillis :) I can't manage above a quarter as it's so filling. Still there's worse you could have been snacking on, v low carb :)

Glad you like it, seems to be a hit !

Well done on the cross training, I must do more excercise. I know it all in theory - how you quickly get so much better etc, just need to actually DO it :)

Mx
    I think I used 6 chilli... not sure if that is a lot or not:confused:
    I've had no adverse effect yet:o

I'm good at the theory of exercise.... takes a lot to put it in practice though:rolleyes:
    I've never even liked the sound of the word exercise never mind do it:eek:
    I put my mp3 on and turn the music up very loud. I close my eyes and imagine I'm not there (on my cross trainer) and I just keep going til I get to 'Girls Aloud' cos I know I've been on it for 1/2 an hour then and my torture is over:D
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Hiya!

Mazzers - Stealing your cat is so wrong. I'd go mental. There are 2 ways I'd approach that.

1- if she already has one of them hooked ask her to sign something that says she takes full responsability for vetinary fees.

2- I'd burst into tears and plead that she doesn't tempt your other one away. State how much your son would miss it and that you are all heartbroken. Go so far as to beg and snot.

If neither of them worked I'd go to the local papers. Maybe mentioning this to her first.

It would be best to have a witness at each attempt. A family friend who can tell the paper just what she says. (or a journalist)

Well that's the nice way of dealing with it. Won't tell you quite what I'd be tempted to do. (involves plackards and notices around the area.)

What a cow.

Mx

She isnt a nasty domineering woman, that i could deal with, she just will not stop feeding mitzi, as for ginge, cats league said if hes not been home for two years she must take responsibility for him, which she has agreed too (he is very timid and prob better suited to her quiet home) its mitzi im annoyed about as she is so lovely natured, but she cries to go out all the time now, i think she misses ginge as they've always been together, were in same pen which is why we had the two together. I dont even mind mitzi going there on occasion. we do still see her as she knows this is her home but am annoyed she is being fed as i have a collar on her saying 'do not feed' since the vet said to keep eye on her diet. Am not as annoyed as i once was.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    The one good thing about working late are the bargains :j
    At tesco had..
    sweetheart cabbage for 10p
    5 sticks rhubarb for 30p which have now been stewed ready for whatever (love rhubarb)
    pkt tarragon for 7p
    mixed stir fry for 15p
    5 slices welsh back bacon 15p. yes 15p
    salsa for the boys 9p
    and, 3x organic unwaxed lemons15p (for HC's cheesecake)

not a bad haul :j :j
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    The lasagne went down a treat tonight. Oh had 2 pieces and one in lunch box for tomorrow. It was delicious. I was desperate to make the fudge too but forgot the chillis.

Mazzers hope you manage to get something sorted with the woman. Great bargains you got tonight.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Good morning all :hello:
    Been awake since before 5am so thought I may as well get up!! I've fed the cat, put the dishwasher on & hung some washing out as it's looking like a nice morning so far.
    Ended up having some pasta in a cheesy sauce last night as nothing l-c in the house to eat & I was starving!! Was out at the pub with my sister so needed to line my stomach beforehand!! :rotfl: It doesn't happen very often so it was nice to get out & have a good gossip. :D Just having a hot water with lemon now as tis good for the liver!! :rolleyes:
    Well, the plasterer is finished so I can escape the house today!! Going to stock up on eggs as I really wanted to make some cheesy pancakes yesterday but had no eggs left. Went through Mercy's recipe list before I succumbed to the pasta & nearly everything involves eggs so going to make sure I'm never without in future!!
    Anyway, I'll pop back later with menu etc.
    Happy days everyone. :D
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look at the time! It's only half past 6! I've been awake on and off all night and awake solidly since 5am....purely because I stink!

The smell of garlic in our bedroom was overpowering and I could smell myself everytime I turned over. I have to go out today. *practices Mercy's 'look of indifference'* :rotfl:

Wont be making that mistake again. :rolleyes:

Might try making the lasagne later....what can I do to that? :confused: :rotfl:

Hope your day goes well, all. :)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Look at the time! It's only half past 6! I've been awake on and off all night and awake solidly since 5am....purely because I stink!
    Same here!! But not the stinky bit!! :rotfl:
    Back to bed for half an hour methinks!!
  • gbatey
    gbatey Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Alias - ref your 'boudoir wearing' question - I work for Ann Summers and to be honest the babydolls are probably the most flattering as they 'skim' over you but I also do a lovely black lycra-type one with a pink satin small frill around the bust area. It really holds you in and pushes you up in the right places. I have it on my kit and I sell loads of them as it really is flattering; I'm an 18-20 and it maes me feel really slim! Not sure if they have them in the shops or not but it's not a typical Ann Summers outfit!
    Debt free 2018 :)

Wins for 2020: April - Flowers, Keyring
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    gbatey, that babydoll sounds nice - you might be getting mass orders from all of us!!
    alias, I'm still giggling at your smelly garlicness!! I usually put about 3 cloves in too so I probably whiff a bit at times but ignorance is bliss as they say!! Better if everyone in the family has it because then you can't smell it on each other apparently?! No good if you're going out though - I pity joe public!!
    You posted 3 minutes after me earlier & I had this vision of you sat in your M&S nightie typing away while I was sat in my Asda PJs doing the exact same thing!! :rotfl:
    Well I think I spoke too soon about getting out of the house today, youngest daughter has woken up with a sore tum & horrible gooey bloodshot eye so she's off school today. Foiled again!!
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Aliasojo, your garlic tale is making me laugh this morning! :rotfl:

Well, I tried making Yorkshire puddings last night using the Atkins pancake recipe. They came out looking like fairy cakes. I could try using less mixture for each one, but I think they may still be too doughy inside.

I could try using a normal recipe, just replacing the flour with soya flour, but that would make a large quantity and I'm not sure the family would be willing to partake in soya Yorkies.

I do have another recipe, which involves cream and sparkling water, so perhaps I'll give that a go too. Alternatively, when I made oopsies a while ago, I thought then that they might be a nice substitute for Yorkshire puddings.

Any ideas welcome!

Aliasojo, I've got another chicken recipe, if you're interested. Can't remember where I got it from - I think I made it up based on another M&S dish.

Chicken Breasts with Caesar Melt

4 chicken breasts
    4 slices prosciutto
    250ml double cream
    30ml sour cream
    60g cream cheese
    40g Cheddar, grated
    70g Parmesan, grated

2 tbspns lemon juice

Grease a shallow baking dish, large enough to take the chicken comfortably

Grill the prosciutto until crisp. Chop or crumble into fragments

Combine the double cream, sour cream, cream cheese, Cheddar, 2/3 of the Parmesan and the lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well

Sit the chicken breasts in the greased dish. Cover thickly with the cream and cheese mixture

Sprinkle the remaining third of the Parmesan on top, and then the crumbled prosciutto

Bake at gas 4 for 30–45 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure