Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    That was a BIG post HC!! :rotfl:
    Like the sound of your caesar melt chicken. :D
    Shame about your yorkshire puds - I LOVE them so would be nice to get a recipe that works. Could the soya ones be frozen maybe??
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Could the soya ones be frozen maybe??

Need to get them to taste like Yorkies first! :rolleyes:
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    HC why the huge post:confused:
    Its not aimed at me cos i need stronger glasses is it?:rotfl: :rotfl:

Loved the sound of your 'doughy' yorkshires, my mum always made a family sized one with the meat juices and was always doughy and cake like, have never liked any since. Dont like the puffs of air that they should really be. Miss my mums:rotfl:

On lappy for a bit then its cooking time:cool:
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    ???

Don't think the point size is different to normal. The font is different, that's all, because I copied and pasted the recipe from a Word document,
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry all, lot of catching up to do! I'm still in London but found a break room with WiFi... been living on company expenses this week, bad idea - why is it we feel the need to eat as much as possible when it's free???

Doesn't help that my hotel only serves croissants, bread and cereals for breakfast :(

Anyway, must dash - will catch up soon! Xxx
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • MoonRose77
    MoonRose77 Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: Morning all - I is in agony again - am going to have to go back and pester the docs I need something doing with this leg/knee/groin whatever it is causing this pain. Its stopping me sleeping properly again - so beware incoherent posts and ones that just look like :mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Apart from that however I did lose another 2lb last week. And now a fudge question - in particular Mercy's mexican fudge - did anyone else try anything in it apart from the chillis because me and them do not get on.

Be back as soon as - but I will be lurking as and when I get the chance to sit for more than a few secs at a time without needing to move like a maniac cos of leg jumps (who needs to go out and exercise :rotfl:)
  • mazzers
    Options
    Hi moonrose, Ouch, sounds nasty, hope you get it sorted.

I used all sorts in my fudge, spring onion, salami, chillies and tomato but you could use bacon or ham or anything really, or a combo like wot i did:D
    Is fab whatever, but very hard not to keep having chunks.

Not started my cooking yet, if i dont shift, i wont feel like doing any.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    They came out looking like fairy cakes.

And? :whistle: What's your problem? That would be a success to me. :D :rotfl: Mmmmmm...fairy cakes. *licks lips*.

Thanks for the recipe, it looks 'do-able' I'll give it a go tomorrow I think. *goes off to find out what prosciutto is.* :o:D

Btw....I KNOW recipe is spelt recipe but every now and then I decide to put in an extra 'i'. Dont know why, but I keep doing it. So.....if you see me write recipie, please dont think I'm completely uneducated, I'm just being stupid at that precise moment. ;) :rotfl:

Moonrose well done on the loss. Sorry you're having such a hard time just now, sounds pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

Thought you'd been a bit quiet Badger. Dont think of it as free food btw....it's only free fat they're offering. Step away girl. ;):D

Aw sweet, dont know whether to say 'poor you' or poor 'Miss Sweet' lol. ;) Hope she picks up soon.

Thanks for the suggestion gbatey, have you got a name or a model number that I could go look for on the site to see if I can see a pic?:whistle:

Just back from Tesco and forgot loads of what I needed so no lasagne for me tonight unless I go out again.

I've been keeping an eye on my ketosis level and although I have never come out of ketosis, when I drink those Atkins shakes, it definitely has an effect. When I dont drink them I am usually in the second to last colour square, quite dark purple...when I do drink them, it's the 3rd to last square which is lighter, so not as deep in ketosis.

I've been keeping an eye on this for a couple of weeks in case it was just a one off but it's not. I liked them just to give me a taste of something iykwim, but I think I'll need to forgo them as I am determined to lose a fair whack before summer.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mazzers
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Dont know why, but I keep doing it. So.....if you see me write recipie, please dont think I'm completely uneducated, I'm just being stupid at that precise momentquote]

Do you think its a subliminal message or is it pies on the brain:rotfl:

Gbatey, i agree, what is the model number;)
    Never know, i might need one one day:rolleyes:
    As if:D
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol, I wouldn't be surprised. :)

Anyone know if you're allowed lime or lime juice on Atkins? I cant seem to find anything out about it.

Edit: Never mind found it...fresh lime juice per tablespoon is 1.3 net carbs in case anyone else needs to know.

OH is making salmon for dinner and wanted to do some sort of lime & corriander dressing thing. I've just let him get on with it, lol. Tell you later if it was nice. (He cooks better than me).
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport