🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• paula7924
    paula7924 Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    wahay! managed to
    do up my Trousers of Truth. :j

Not in a way that alloes me to breathe or to be seen in public wearing them, but that's not the point........ ;)
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Well done paula!! :j
    I keep meaning to try my smaller jeans on for size but the thought of them still not fitting is putting me off. :o Might try them later, or there again I might not!! :o Too fat or not too fat?? That is the question!!
  • paula7924
    Options
    Thx. my celebratory choclolatefest may have scuppered that tomorrow though.

(what a bizarre reaction to have - everyone else seems to get stricter with themselves when it goes well and more lenient when it things are going badly but no, not me!)
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    Thats great Paula, well done.

Sweet sorry you didnt get out today, the sun is shining as well. Im sitting here THINKING about going for a walk, but I know Ill end up jumping in the car to the supermarket (need some chillis) before DD eats the mozzarella again and the makings for HC's Caesar Chicken for tonight, thanks HC youre a lifesaver otherwise we would be having plain chicken or tuna, lol, as Im definetely not a whiz in the kitchen.

Alias Im not very keen on garlic so I used tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic in the lasagne. It was delicious. Didnt have any basil leaves either, so just threw in some spices from the cupboard.

Sorry Moonrose to hear you are in so much pain. Have you tried Freeze Spray, my mum used to swear by it.
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    [quote=aliasojo;2007103

I've been keeping an eye on my ketosis level and although I have never come out of ketosis, when I drink those Atkins shakes, it definitely has an effect. When I dont drink them I am usually in the second to last colour square, quite dark purple...when I do drink them, it's the 3rd to last square which is lighter, so not as deep in ketosis.

Alisia I never quite get there. Have only reached dark pink a few times, some of them when I've been drinking :rotfl: :beer: :rotfl: , I dont check every day but when I do its still mostly in the first or second colour. Maybe this is why I'm not losing much.

By the way I thought I had droppped 2 dress sizes, DD bought me top for mothers day, 2 sizes smaller, tried it on and it was fit, BUT just measured against my other top and although a bit smaller not 2 sizes smaller :mad: :mad: . I have still only lost about 8 lbs in 4 weeks. Hubby has now nearly lost 2 stone :rolleyes: . The new trousers he got at Christmas just fell off him.
  • paula7924
    Options
    it's not fair is it - the men do seem to lose more quickly and more easily than us. never mind - as long as your weight is going down rather than up all is good :j
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    paula7924 wrote: »

(what a bizarre reaction to have - everyone else seems to get stricter with themselves when it goes well and more lenient when it things are going badly but no, not me!)

Thats what i used to do, feel justified when i'd lost a stone and start treating myself.
    Not any more though cos i know where it'll lead.

Men seem to lose fast on any bl00dy diet if you ask me:confused:
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    paula7924 wrote: »

im exactly the same - oh ive lost a few pounds - right lets eat everything in sight and put it right back on again :rolleyes:

not good and dont know why i do it :confused:
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • mazzers
    Options
    Finally got round to cooking chef.gif

Chilli pasta for the boys.

CHEESECAKE for me spin.gif Turned out lovely, although i halved the ingredients and made a small one. Stewed the strawbs with drop of water and splenda (actually i use one from wilkinsons) and went very conserve like.
    Will make full size next time, is delish.

Made lasagne and fried the courgette in olive oil this time so expecting a slightly different flavour, was easier to use too as i sliced with a knife and wasnt so thin.

In last recipe i said 500g mince but prob used 400g (as i'd made a burger out of some)
    Also prob only used 300g cheese (my scales need battery)
    Everything else was accurate and isn't runny, but think is better to cool then portion and reheat.
    Do need to simmer tomatoes till thick and whizz as is more like pasta sauce.

Forgot mozzy for fudge so couldnt make that mad.gif

Just waiting for lasagne to cool now lick.gif
  • mazzers
    Options
    Forgot to say, not lost today cry.gif
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not weighing everyday anymore though.

Feel bit bloated, dont know why as i have been:A

Not been eating or drinking much so gotta watch that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport