We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    ....... folks i am a lean, mean fat burning machine :rotfl:

Love it. :rotfl: Well done btw. :D

Morning all. Beautiful sunny morning here when I opened the curtains, but it's overcast and [strike]about to[/strike] chuck it down now. :rolleyes: (Edit: It IS chucking it down now :()

I'm happy to say I lost 2lbs this week which is good considering I wasn't exactly strict with myself and a sloth would have been more active than I was this week. I still cant quite get up enough gee to exercise and I'm beginning to feel (slightly! ;) ) bad about it. TOTM seems to be like TO6M's rolled into one this time around so maybe once that's over I'll feel like I have more energy. Or maybe by then I'll have thought of an different excuse. :o

Can't help but think OH would like me to copy Badger and get a pole. :rotfl: Badger I have visions of your hands slipping whilst you're twirling yourself round the thing and ending up wheeking yourself across the basement. :rotfl:

I'm going to try to lay off the peanuts this week. I'm having a packet a day these days and I think I'm getting too dependent on having them as a wee snack iyswim. I'm also getting a wee bit bored with food just now. I've got lazy and have been eating the same things simply because they are easy and quick. Cold cooked chicken or tuna and salad involves no effort. I will have to go look at the recipies and try something new I think.

Mercy...when I first read your post I actually thought you were gonna say you'd won big! :rotfl: Still £10 is £10. :D

Congrats to those who've lost this week, and hiya to any lurkers or newbies.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Glad your evening went well, Aliasojo. With the stress of children and family it's easy to forget why you're together in the first place. Hope you continue to re-bond.

I took the weekend 'off' low-carbing. I didn't cheat; it was a conscious decision. However, it's lucky that kissitbetta stormed off in a huff the other day, as she would have turned purple and exploded, making a very nasty mess on her keyboard, if she knew what I'd eaten. Suffice to say, it made the people on Supersize vs Superskinny look as if they eat lightly and moderately.

I had a lovely Mothers' Day - hope all you other mums did too.

I'm back on piste this week as I need to undo all the damage I've just done - and lose some more.

Sausages for brunch today, chicken pesto with veg this evening.

Have a good week, everyone.

Mercy, the moussaka link worked OK for me. Can you see it now?
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Herman - MP for all! :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Good morning all :hello:
    Well done mazzers & alias for the lbs off!! :j
    I lost 2lbs last week as well!! :j

Going to be stuck in all day today & tomorrow as getting work finished off in the house, but I won't have access to the laptop!! :cry: So I'm going to have to do more housework. :cry::cry: My house has never been so clean & tidy these last few days!! :rotfl: And I had visitors yesterday so they got to see it!! :rotfl: Now that doesn't happen very often!! :o
    My menu for today
    B - buttery scrambled egg with chopped soft cheese pod
    L - tuna salad (salad leaves, tuna mayo & spring onions, coleslaw)
    D - to be decided - depends if I get to nip out today
    Have a good week everyone - very grey & overcast here too as well as extremely windy (& I mean the weather, not me!! ;) )
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

Had a very nice day yesterday, Mum was happy so that's good :)

HC When I tried the links today I had no problem. Sometimes IE on my home comp wont allow new windows (?) Think I need to uninstall and redo. Cos it's intermittant I never get round to it.

Moussaka is now on the list :) Sounds v nice.

Have a good day all!

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Mercy hun - i was gonna say praps it's your pop-up blocker settings maybe? But weird if it's an intermittant thing :confused:... glad you can see it now tho - it is a lovely recipe :)

Not much to here. Had a really fab weekend. Just wish there was more of it :( Was nice to see my US rellies yesterday. Seeing them again tonight after work, then they leave on wednesday morning. Was also nice to see my pak choi, lettuce and rocket seedlings peep their heads through the soil:) And I had one tomato seedling appear this morning:) I'm so excited.... or should that be sow excited?!:rolleyes::D I'll get me coat lol.

Oooh - but just for the other gardeners amongst you - Asda has just got in a load of really good-priced gardening stuff. Big plastic tubs 2 for £6, propagators £2, bags of compost for a quid, seeds I think 3 packs for £4 and pink ladies gardening gloves for £1.50 (which gilly drew the line at lol). Bargains! :j :money:

Alias I haven't even opened the box with the laptop in it - just haven't had time! How mad is that? :confused:

Usual flax bread and sausage for b/f. Lunch usual salady stuff plus some bits of beef brisket (done in the slow cooker yum). Dinner I think is going to be roast chicken and veggies.

Right, better get on. Have a lovely day everyone! :wave:

Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • nerdycatlover
    Options
    Hi Everybody.
    I`m just here lurking and not much to add to the mix, but enjoying hearing about everyone`s shenanigans.
    Could you help me with a link for a friend? :confused: I`m after a good, sensible,easy to follow Vegetarian Low Carb Diet site or Blog. A lovely lady I do volunteer work with has been so impressed with my weight loss lately that she wants to do it and lose some pounds for herself. Trouble is, she`s a Veggie. I know a few of you are, too (excuse me, I forget who...) Any offers would be appreciated....:confused:
    Ta very Much,
    Nerdy
    :j:hello::j

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    Tis quiet on here today!!
    nerdy, Badger is a vegetarian low-carber and so is Tinkerbelle but Tink hasn't been on for a while. Think there are some veggie recipes on Mercy's link but not 100% sure about that. Badger posted a peanut butter smoothie recipe which sounded nice. Sorry, not much use am I!!
    My menu has gone a bit mad today - had the scrambled eggs for brekkie but couldn't finish them - think I'm egged out - just felt queasy eating them so gave up. Nipped out to co-op at lunch-time & bought a ready-cooked hot chicken breast & had that with a bit of coleslaw. Dinner has just been 1 & a half pieces of ham with cheesy leeks, green beans & peas. I'm still starving!! :o Have a bit of jelly fool left so will have that in a minute with some double cream. If I'm still hungry later I'll have some S&V peanuts, haven't had them for a while, apart from last night that is!!
    Will be glad when my house is back to normal so I can get out properly - hate being stuck in!!
    Anyway, that's it for now. Hope someone comes into this thread to play soon, it's very boring on your own!! :rotfl:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poo! Just lost a big post. Praps as well.

Had a shock at weekend when my old cat Newton made a dodgy leap and hit me instead of the wall. Saw him hit the stone steps on his back and imagined the worst :( However his embarassment and it all being MY fault, apparently, lead him to avoid me for hours :(

He's got a fat lip, poor baby (but his legs still work). Made me realise he's the most important thing. I've had my longest relationship with him :) (see my avatar)

Mexican fudge had a mixed reception at Mum's. M&D and both Bros loved it though. The hollow coconut cakes gave everyone a laugh :o so that's alright then :) Think I used too much baking powder, if it happens again I'll stuff em with cream. The muffins from the same mix are an absolute dream!

Work is rubbish, life is good. Need lots of sleep today to make up for merriment :)

Been very good (apart from wine, kentucky etc yesterday) but think it's time for more exercise. Poo.

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Alias, thats what i used to do, would just have tins of tuna and ham salads etc and thats why i got so bored. You have to try the recipes as it makes such a difference (not tried the coconut muffins yet mind)

My fave dessert at the mo is defrosted frozen raspberries with a sprinkle of splenda, sugarfree jelly plopped on top and cream on top of that, ooooooooooooh is fab, simple i know but you gotta try it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport