Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alias, I hope all goes ok for you tonight:(
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • pillypilla
    pillypilla Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I LOVE celeriac! Roasted, mashed with butter......it's lush!!:j

Not been around for ages, feel like a naughty interloper now!!:rotfl: Reason being, I've moved up to "moderate" carbs. Had to be done as felt dreadful, low in energy when exercising, light-headed and vacant feeling. It was effecting my work, where I need to be really on the ball.

Now I've got energy and much more mental clarity. However, I never eat potatoes and rarely bread or pasta, the only real change is going back to oat porridge for breakfast and having brown rice sometimes and including peas, carrots and chickpeas and fruit again. Will not go back to eating slices of toast in multiples of 5! LOL. And sugar is the Devil!

Intend to just shape-up with exercise, like I have done in the past. Think a lot of it is governed by spring being almost upon us, I have the urge (and energy) to move my !!! more. :j
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    alias, I've been worrying it was my attempt at humour that made you angry earlier so have deleted anything that may have offended. Sorry. :(
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks missed most of the lovely weather.

Used to always be starving by lunchtime in work, cant quite believe that i eat so little now, only had a sandwich from one piece flax bread and a small piece of cheese.
    Just had last piece of lasagne (kept really well) and defrosted some frozen raspberries with SF jelly and cream, was fab. :j

As for refilling water bottles, i read quite some time ago that they are not designed to be refilled as once opened, the chemicals break down and leech into the water (how true it is i dont know) I do refill mine but only a couple of times before using a new one. Prob best to get a refillable sports bottle.

Oh, and my omelette wasn't at all soggy, keeps really well :p

Paula you have done amazing, kg sound so much less than lbs or stones, i would never post my loss in kg :rotfl:
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alias, I've been worrying it was my attempt at humour that made you angry earlier so have deleted anything that may have offended. Sorry. :(

Sweets, I happened to catch the earlier version of alias post and it was nothing about you. And certainly not your humourousness which has us all a-giggle :)

It was about home and I think we'll leave it there.

Many of us has cause to 'get their coat' after last nights fish fest :rotfl:

Good job we're a tolerant bunch! (thank you all :o)

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Am so in the zone this week, I went to Waitrose this morning for some of their fabulous Baby Bottom Butter (which was again out of stock :mad:), anyway spent several minutes eyeing up the yumyums (my nemisis - well one of them!) I even picked a packet up but eventually walked off after buying three packets of Irish sausages :D

Todays menu
    B - egg and bacon
    L - cheese and ham salad
    D - haddock with cream and cheese baked in oven with leeks

yum yum yum yum

Treated myself to four strawberries with double cream and splenda
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    Saz, you are having a real hard time right now. My thoughts are with you, hon. Get Gilly to give you a lovely massage. And I hope your dad gets back on his feet asap. Enjoy the weekend with your folks and try to forget your worries for a day or two. Hope you have a brilliant time (well, I had to join in). xx

Hello my lovelies :hello:

Thanks HC you're such a sweetheart xx Paid a visit to dad last, he's deffo on the mend :) Me and Gilly nipped out to the PO this morning to collect my new laptop:D and because it was such a lovely day it kinda turned into a bit of an extended jaunt... had lunch out, bit of a drive around the countryside... lovely. Then came back and somehow ended up doing 3 hours of gardening and now i'm as stiff as a board and cant move lol! But feels like it was a productive day.

And then for dinner - I FINALLY got round to making your moussaka hun, and can I just say it was ABSOLUTELY :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: yum!! Gilly cleaned his plate:D And quite easy to make too - so deffo a keeper that one! Mercy hun - maybe if you get the chance you can add it to your fabbo list: HC's moussaka. :)

Also - on the subject of pork belly - we buy the pack of pork belly slices and either marinade them in a chinese spices/soy sauce type arrangement and then bake in the oven, or gilly-style just stuck on the George Foreman grill and eaten as is:D Either way v tasty.

Alias - hope all's going well xx I too would be lost without smileys lol :j And hope all you lovely folk are having a good saturday evening. Am tired now so think I'll call it a day soon... lunch tomorrow with visiting rellies from the states - will try to be good but i'm not promising anything:o ;)

Much love to you all :wave:

Sazzy xxxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy, thanks for putting my mind at rest. Would hate to think I had offended alias, or anyone else on this thread for that matter. Thought I had maybe gone too far with my 'Scottish' humour. :o

alias, I know we are all hoping like mad that things worked out with OH last night. Hope you managed to get out as a couple & talked things through, my fingers were crossed all night. x

I'm off to bed again now - too early to be up on Mother's Day - I should be having a lie in!! Will be back later.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, up early as i like to sleep with bedroom curtains open to wake to the sun, is beautiful.

Didnt get lamb, had pork as on offer.

Saz, glad to hear your dad on the mend.

Well done sammy, stay in the zone :T

jpretty one and a half off is better than one and a half on. I wasnt losing at all and was eating same as now, only difference is milk.

So, out of curiosity i weighed today and lost another pound.. overnight!! Twas like this last time so hope it continues.

I have now got a small bottle to take cream to work as yesterday had to have milk so only had one cup all day. I also have some choc almost daily, but only a small amount, lidl choc comes in small 25g bars in a pack and i have half, it might be handy for those who find it hard not to eat whole bar as 25g not much and is only 69p for 125g.

Picking up my cross trainer later, cant wait to try it.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sweet I'm really sorry I had you worrying, it never even ocurred to me for a split second that you might think my post had something to do with you. :o I was moaning about my eldest son (26) and ex husband causing issues and about how I might not have been able to get out after all. Son has disibilities and learning problems and could cause trouble in an empty room sometimes and the fact he was at his Dad's was what enabled us to get out. Only he came home. :rolleyes: I was very angry that he and his Dad were being very selfish (I had particularly asked son to stay there...he knew we were going out) and I was annoyed because I have little or no life because I am stuck at home with son all the time so I ranted a little. I then thought what I wrote wasn't all that nice so I deleted my comments.

The Scottish humour was never an issue. :D

Anyway other son (19) said he would deal with any problems so we took a deep breath and still went out. They were all still alive when we came home and had had dip & breadsticks and popcorn etc whilst watching dvds so son coped well.

Anyway...I had chicken forestiere. Which was a posh title for chicken in a cream and mushroom sauce. When it came, it was a chicken breast with a dollop of sauce on top, green beans and chips. Not quite how it looked on the menu but I was quite pleased anyway as the sauce was easily scraped off leaving a pretty plain chicken breast. :D Not one chip passed my lips either so I was very proud of myself. However.......I did have ONE vodka/lime/lemonade.:o

After dinner we went to the cinema to see Duplicity (which really wasn't all that great tbh) and then.........we went to the 24 hour Tesco. :rotfl: See....we know how to live. :D

Wasn't a Romeo and Juliet night by anyone' standards but since we're usually like total strangers to each other these days, the fact we were out alone at all was a step in the right direction. We both thought it felt a little weird as we're just Mum and Dad these days and we haven't really been individuals or partners for such a long time, if that makes sense?

Daughter may be at a friend's house next week for a sleepover so I might try to arrange something else for us to do then, just to keep things moving in the right direction.

Ok, I'm sorry this has become an 'aliasojo diary'. I'm very conscious of the fact I seem to have commandeered the thread and I've only written this post because you were all kind enough to care and I didn't want to not update you. :o

Saz....glad Dad is improving. Bit jealous of the new laptop mind...mine has a missing 'x' key and works when it feels like it. :D

Well done Mazzers, another pound is great. :T Don't go daft on the cross trainer at the start btw, you'll end up pulling a muscle then you'll need to rest (and probably eat more chocolate).:rotfl:

Yay to sammy for leaving the yumyums. :D Every small step like that builds willpower you know. *nods wisely* :rotfl:

Hi pp......you big weirdo. :D Who in their right mind actually likes celeriac? :confused:

Paula....:p . Just kidding, well done you must feel great! :D

Ok guys need to post this as I'm becoming concerned about smilie use again. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport