We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Welcome newbies :D

sister, hope the mouth is ok today :)

marrbett, did any of the hazelnut chocolate survive?? ;)

SHEILA, hope your Brother has good news today & I hope you're well & not worrying too much :)

Meals for today:

B1 - greek yoghurt & flaxseed
    B2 - bacon, scramblies, button mushrooms, half a vine tomato
    L - 2 buttered GG crispbreads with salmon & red onion mayo
    D - 2 flat mushrooms filled with chopped feta, red onion, vine tomato & courgette - baked in oven & served on mixed salad drizzled with EVOO

Exercise - 20 minute walk, wall push-ups, still no wii fit :o

I think my dinner will be a cross between mazzers' stuffed peppers & SHEILA's cream cheese mushrooms :drool:

Hubby wants to go to Whitby after work today so I'll have to have my dinner early. They're going to get a chip butty each when we're there. I'll just sniff them (the chip butties that is :p). I might take a couple of crispbreads with cheese, just in case I get an attack of the munchies. I'm also considering walking up the steps to the Abbey!! :eek: We'll see...

Hope everyone is having a good LC day today :wave:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    alias, have you decided to go ahead with the hypnotherapy??
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Morning all, and hello newbies :hello: Daska said it perfectly about the sugar and fruit :cool:

Sheila - I'm hoping for good news about your brother too.

Sistercas - ouch for the fillings :(

Durham-mim - glad you had a good holiday.

Just in from a long shift at work, so I'm going to muck out the house, then knuckle down to those press-ups :D
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    Thanks alias - how are you today?

Got the cold. Headache, runny nose yadda yadda.....

alias, have you decided to go ahead with the hypnotherapy??

Yip. Got an appointment for end of next week.

The week after that I'll be thin. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of drinks, high dose vitamin C and zinc. Do you feel like eating?
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

Sheila, hope you get good news soon. It will be interesting to see if restricting your carbs some has helped.

Alias, hope you feel better soon, I second Sheila with the lots of liquids, vitc and zinc. Good luck with the hypnotherapy, don't just let them hypnotise you into thinking you're thin :D

Hi all new folks! Recipes and links on page 1 full of good info :j

Happy Friday! :beer:

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of drinks, high dose vitamin C and zinc. Do you feel like eating?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Of course I do. :D
    Mercy wrote: »

Good luck with the hypnotherapy, don't just let them hypnotise you into thinking you're thin :D

:rotfl:

Oh heck, I never thought about that. :D Maybe he might be tempted to do that to make me think he's really good. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    Hey happy LCers!

As you may have read I've been stalled for a few weeks and yet found I've lost inches instead. This week weight still same so have borrowed a juicer and I've been having a play. :rotfl:

Each juice so far (2) have been mostly veg with a little apple. I've been having half at night and the rest in the morning before breakfast. I've found that just 200ml in the evening has left me feeling energised and stalled hunger for about 2 hrs. In the morning I've had to remind myself to have breakfast (1 hr after) before I leave for work.

I am going to do a 24hr juice fast from after evening meal tonight, then go back on the dukan. I do not think that it will be a problem hungerwise. I will be having green tea and water too.

Anyone have any experience of juicing or juice fasting? All info and tales gladly received :beer:

Mx
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mercy - I started dieting doing macrobiotic and you could only have raw vegetables. I had recipes for veg smoothies that I have to say I found difficuolt to get on with and so it only lasted a week but I could look out the recipes if you like. I know that they contained a whole cucumber, parsley and other green veg.

alias - hope you feel better soon and good luck with the hypnotherapy.

My brother is out of HDU and on a normal ward but is still waiting to find out about the op.
  • Mercy
    Options
    Mercy - I started dieting doing macrobiotic and you could only have raw vegetables. I had recipes for veg smoothies that I have to say I found difficuolt to get on with and so it only lasted a week but I could look out the recipes if you like. I know that they contained a whole cucumber, parsley and other green veg.

My brother is out of HDU and on a normal ward but is still waiting to find out about the op.

Hi Sheila, I quite like green smoothies but I'm finding juicing easier to take :) I don't think I could do veg only for a week :eek: Think that 24hrs could be interesting though.

Hope the results are positive, thanks for telling us.

Big love :kisses3:

Mx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure