Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Thanks murphy :A (I should probably have read the press-up challenge website more carefully:o) I have been trying to do them from my toes. I shall get down on my knees this afternoon :D:D.

Sheila, my thoughts are with you too.
    Also hope your hospital appointment goes well alias.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

alias, any idea when your hospital appointment will be?? Forgot to ask if your insect bite has calmed down yet??

No idea sweet. The good old NHS will no doubt take it's own time. :)

My face is a bit sore (especially my cheek bone) but the swelling isn't as bad now. Doc said there was no obvious signs of a bite. :undecided

I'm getting hypnotherapy. I've decided. :D

My friend back home has just been and she has seen an immediate difference in her habits. It's early days so she can't say if this will be sustained or not but she's very happy so far.

I've been playing with the idea for ages now but since speaking to her I've decided I'm going. It's worth a try, Lord knows I've tried everything else.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Minihauk
    Options
    Alias,

I tried hypnotherapy - was a total waste of money for me. The lady I saw used a book and was trying to change my outlook on lots of different things which would include food - apparently I have an external locus of control not internal, so I expect "outside" influences to happen. Personally, I found it expensive (which I expected) but no good for me (which I didn't!)
    Good luck. I hope it works for you.
  • Minihauk
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »
    Ahem,I have a little announcement to make... out of curiosity I bought a pair of ASDA jeans this morning and they fit so comfortably. They are a size......10 !!! I haven't worn size 10 since I was 20 (and I'm mid forties now!!):j:j:j:j:j

Well done Marbett! That is great news.

I am still sticking to it but haven;t lost any weight this week (I think it was the wine at the weekend) but am happy with the stall and I know I feel much better. My knees feel great and I am determined to keep them that way, lol.

Sheila, I'm glad Monday went well. Thinking of you today.

I haven't had breakfast yet because I just haven't felt hungry. I am going to eat lunch though because I won't be able to go all day without food and I have to work late tonight.

Murphy - which part of the country are you? If you are close enough I'd like to book a one-off consultation with you if that is possible. My exercise regime is non existant and I could really use some help.
  • murphydog999
    Options
    Minihauk, I'll PM you.

You may be aware I am in the process of selling and buying houses, and at the moment - as it stands *touch wood* - we will be moving from Wiltshire to Worcestershire; when that will be is anyones guess!! If you have skype that is an option if you are nowhere near any of those areas.
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Right, I managed 12 just now, and only 10 earlier. Big improvement :D

Thanks for the advice on breathing out on the push up murphy - I hadn't realised I was actually holding my breath! :o
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Alias - my brother had hypnotherapy years ago for stopping smoking and he swore by it. He only had one session if I remember rightly, and he didn't touch a ciggie again. I know it's not necessarily the same thing, but it's still an addiction.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alias - my brother had hypnotherapy years ago for stopping smoking and he swore by it. He only had one session if I remember rightly, and he didn't touch a ciggie again. I know it's not necessarily the same thing, but it's still an addiction.

Well I've made the appointment for next week.

I have to try. If it helps, great. If it doesn't, then at least I'll know and wont keep thinking about it.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • andrewsmum
    Options
    Thanks for the sesame seed tip Sheila, will try that.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sheila, how is your brother doing, am sitting here with things crossed that it's all going ok. I should really be worrying about other things but it feels like family in here.

DS2 went back to school today ever so excited. He has a male teacher this year who looks like lots of fun - he sings, dances, tells silly jokes, climbs on his chair... but most of all he smiles and laughs a lot, I'm not sure I've ever seen him not being the joker. Anyway, DS2 came home utterly exhausted and was asleep by a quarter past six. His new 1:1 seems nice as well, actually a trained teacher, not just an NVQ in boundless enthusiasm. I was quite apprehensive as he's had two good ones so far, lets hope the first impressions are correct :D
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business