Options

Comments

• SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2012 at 6:51PM
    Options
    daska - he is still in theatre, thanks for asking x

Glad that DS2 has a good teacher, it makes such a difference. My grandson started at secondary school today and was so excited. DGD1 starts upper school, year 3 tomorrow and DGD2 starts pre-school soon. They grow up so quickly.
  • murphydog999
    Options
    Right, I managed 12 just now, and only 10 earlier. Big improvement :D

Thanks for the advice on breathing out on the push up murphy - I hadn't realised I was actually holding my breath! :o

Sounds like you've got the bit, well and truly between your teeth! So you could quite easily do 3 sets of 6, I reckon, forget 12, go for 18 :T

And yes, please breathe!! :mad: else this will be you with stars rather than naughty words!

I'm reading a very interesting book called 59 seconds, by Professor Richard Wiseman, there'a a lot of psychology with eating habits and food association, and there's a chapter with some interesting study finds, I'll go back to it and type some bits in later, might be thought provoking for some.

Marrbett just wondering if your daughter is still painfree after her 'miracle' cure?
  • SHEILA54
    edited 5 September 2012 at 7:15PM
    Options
    murphydog - I can now do 30 push ups from the kitchen worktop and I managed 5 floor push ups from my knees today. I also walked about a mile and a half quite fast so I am pleased. Now to tackle the flab on abdomen: any ideas please? Is the house moving forward?

Gray Malkin - you are doing well with exercise :T

Thank you all for the good wishes, it helps xx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    sheila my thoughts are with your brother and family , hope its gone well x

i'm really tired and have munched down stuff id rather not say out loud :o

im hoping to get back to healthy eating good and proper tomorrow , i need a kick up the a$$ to get me going i think :cool:
  • murphydog999
    Options
    Well Sheila, your fitness is coming on well. I know you have mentioned your loose flab before and if there is excess skin it will be very stubborn to shift. And then there are the restrictions on your back movements.

What I am not going to say - you may be relieved to know - is do loads of sit-ups, they will probably do you more harm than good and are not particularly effective. My previous comments still stand re. pilates and balancing exercises, because they target 'core' muscles.

You (we) have an internal girdle, which effectively holds all your internal organs in, and of course it gets slack and allows sagging, so anything that targets this area will tone and firm. Pilates is very well known for this and anything that involves balance involves (subconsciously) the core.

Of course you know your own limitations, but I would suggest finding a beginners guide to see what you can do. Can you bend sideways?
    If so, 2 exercises - grip a container/weight of some kind in each hand and slowly drop to the side, come back to centre and drop to the other side. Do as many as comfortable. The other one is just to raise your arm up and over head to stretch the side of the body as much as you can.

But continuing your weight loss and additional walking - and press ups - will all help.
  • SHEILA54
    edited 5 September 2012 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Thanks murphydog - I can reach down the side so that is ok but reaching above my head is a little more difficult but I will try. I will also look at pilates as I will give most things a try if I can do them. Glad no sit ups :D

39 carbs today as I succumbed to chocolate but still better than 50+

sistercas - kick duly administered !! We all fall of the wagon sometimes.

My brother is in recovery, having started his op this morning, and I am waiting until he gets back to the ward to make sure that he can talk etc. I will update in morning as I am going to sit in bed and read / do sodukus.

Thanks everyone, you are so kind. Sleep well xox
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Marrbett just wondering if your daughter is still painfree after her 'miracle' cure?

Hi murphy, yes, amazingly, she is still painfree and did her first dance class today with full movement for years!! I've stopped asking her everyday if she's still ok! She's still taking the omega 3 oil and vit D(her skin seems to need this), but is eating a little bread (homemade!!) with her lunch. Otherwise, is relatively LCing and doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

Sheila, hope your brother's surgery has gone to plan and his recovery is swift.
    Night all.xx
  • SHEILA54
    Options
    Really pleased for both your daughter and you x

Sleep well.
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, back from my little Scottish break. Really did not want to come back it was so peaceful.

Don't think I did too badly diet wise. Each morning I had a bowl of Scottish style porridge(made with water) to which I added lactofree cream. This was followed by fried egg, bacon and sausage. I snacked on peanuts and a couple of squares of chocolate for lunch. The evening meals were a bit trickier, one day I had fish with batter on because there was no alternative that I liked and for desserts I had, poached pear, an apple & a plum, jelly and lastly tinned peaches. These were all supposed to be served with ice-cream but I couldn't have that because of the lactose. I had a half slice of toast with butter and marmalade on the last day. Will have to wait and see if it has affected my weight on Saturday. I still managed to do my callanetics whilst OH went for a run or climbed a mountain, and I tried a couple of gentle walks. We had to climb three flights of stairs to our room so that was quite a bit of exercise for me.

Sheila: Hope all is well with your brother.

Alias: I also recommend St John's Wort. I take it daily it helps me to wind down at the end of the day and to sleep. I'm really do not handle stress very well, another symptom of my ME, if I do too much physically I get very tense, stressed out. I also get anxiety attacks. Since low carbing I have felt much better. I don't get the highs and lows due to blood sugar levels. I no longer get irritable because my blood sugar level as dropped. The fact that you felt better after eating burger etc may because your blood sugar levels were raised. However this feeling may well have been short lived. As well as low carbing and in addition to the St John's Wort I'm taking a good amount of supplements. Daily I take, 3x 1000g Omega 3,6,9, 400g Milk Thistle, 1000g Vitamin C, a good multivitamin, 100g Q10 and magnesium malate. I used to take Vitamin B complex and vitamin B12 as well but I find I can manage without them now. Perhaps your body needs a boost. Hope you get sorted and start to feel better soon.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

SHEILA, fingers crossed for good news today.

durham, good to have you back & glad you enjoyed your break, doesn't sound like you've been too off-track.

Does anyone know if coconut oil can give you the runs?? :o The last 2 days when I've used it for frying stuff I've been ill. I've felt really hungry & heavy-legged as well, but that may be TOTM related.

Meals for today:

B1 - greek yoghurt & flaxseed
    B2 - bacon, eggs, button mushrooms, vine tomato
    L - 2 buttered GG crispbreads with salmon & red onion mayo
    D - chicken (again :o), cauli, broc, baby sprouts, cheesy leeks

Exercise - 2 x 20 minute walks, wall push-ups (keep forgetting to do these), need to start doing wii fit as well.

Hope everyone is well & has a good LC day :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport