Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alias, do you know what tests the hospital will be doing??

Not certain yet. Consultant will decide what needs doing apparently.

Doc has no idea if I'm about to drop from a heart attack, at risk of a stroke or if I'm just an old fat git and feeling the effects. :rotfl:

You have to laugh but I'm secretly a bit worried tbh. :o

We don't have good genes in our family (on both sides). :undecided
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • murphydog999
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »
    Ahem,I have a little announcement to make... out of curiosity I bought a pair of ASDA jeans this morning and they fit so comfortably. They are a size......10 !!! I haven't worn size 10 since I was 20 (and I'm mid forties now!!):j:j:j:j:j
    I'm also up to 8 proper press ups a day now!!

Verrrry good, considering you started this to help your daughter out ;) :j
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

Just been trying to cram all the new casseroles into the really rather small freezer compartment so did an audit.
    I have
    900g Turkey breast Steak
    1.250kg Rump Steak :j
    215g Beef Liver
    350g Thin cut Beef steak (quick fry)
    5x salmon steak
    3x 350g 'Big Beef Burger' Homemade
    3x Beef casserole
    2x Liver casserole
    1/2 bag of spinach

And nary a full price paid :rotfl:

Think I may like beef :D Praps as well as there's only me to eat em :rotfl:

They are now all rotated so I know what to eat first.
    That was a 20 mins well spent :rotfl:

Do you know what you've got?

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2012 at 8:06PM
    Options
    marbett - that is amazing, well done. So glad that things are loooking up for your family :j

alias - blood tests are fairly routine nowadays, especially as you get older, and it is good that they are trying to sort things out for you. Losing weight will make you feel better in yourself as well as increase your self esteem so keep going if you can. I have had loads of blood tests in the past year as my GP is suspicious of a low carb diet, though at least she is thorough. Let us know what you are being tested for and how it goes.

Mercy - lots of meat, you are getting very inventive ;)

sweet - thanks for the thumbs up on the B1G1HP in Holland and Barrett. I got a different flax mixture with one - includes nuts and Q10. I tried it with yogurt but it really sticks to the spoon. Q10 is good for you though.

andrewsmum - a friend told me that she uses sesame seeds mixed with parmesan when coating chicken and that works fine. Sesame seeds are good for cholesterol and a rich source of minerals so I may try this soon.

The funeral was lovely yesterday and really celebrated a life. My brother is having his brain surgery tomorrow and it could take 12 hours so I will be glad when it is over.

Now doing 30 worktop push ups and walked about 2 miles today so feeling a bit tired.

Love to everyone and keep posting :)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    marbett well done how lovely to be a size 10 :T

alias hope the doc soon sorts you out

mercy thats a good haul

sweet liking the 2 breakfasts :D

daska very interesting

mazzers :wave:

busy day at work , eating not too bad

B: 4 eggs scrambled
    L: garlic roast chicken sweetcorn / cabbage greek yoghurt
    D: HM spagless bol cabbage
    just now : a packet of crisps ( :o and i was doing so well )
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September 2012 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Verrrry good, considering you started this to help your daughter out ;) :j

Absolutely murphy, it just shows that you never know what direction your life is going to go-but my DH and I are convinced this is the way for us to eat from now on. It just needs tweaking a little!!

Sheila, you are having a heavy load at the moment-be kind to yourself.Don't push too hard with the carb restrictions.

Everyone else, keep on keeping on.

Have been lucky enough to see a preview(again!) of a wonderful film called Untouchable this evening. Its a French film, and is funny and moving and has touched me in a way that films rarely do. I'd recommend it.xxx
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you marbett for caring. I actually had 45 carbs today but I have managed to stick to 30 for the past 3 days. It gives me something else to concentrate on and is really for me to try to knock off the 4lb I put on over the holidays and see if I can continue to lose after that.
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Well done marrbett! :j:j:j Don't you just love getting into a smaller size? :D

And 8 proper press-ups :eek: Respect :cool:

Murphy - I have tried doing press-us in sets, and it definitely helps. I can do 100 in four sets of 25 on a window sill, but I'm still struggling with full press-ups. I can only manage 5 on the floor. If I go for a sixth I feel like I'm about to explode :rotfl:
  • murphydog999
    Options
    Murphy - I have tried doing press-us in sets, and it definitely helps. I can do 100 in four sets of 25 on a window sill, but I'm still struggling with full press-ups. I can only manage 5 on the floor. If I go for a sixth I feel like I'm about to explode :rotfl:

That's really good going - no wonder your arms are looking good.

With the floor ones, by 'full' you mean doing them on your toes, no part of your body on the floor? If so, make life a bit easier and do them from your knees.

Get into full press-up position, then put your knees on the floor and take your feet off the floor.
    Make sure your body stays straight (don't leave your bottom in the air) and that your tummy muscles are pulled in tight.
    It also helps to breath out as you push up.
    (The press-up challenge website also shows how to do them.)

For your first time doing them, test yourself to see how many you can do without stopping (without losing form), then break it down into reps for a week, then test yourself again. Once you've had a couple of weeks of these, then test yourself with the full version again.

Let us all know how you get on :T
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Beautiful day here again & we've got a bunny nibbling the grass outside, obviously enjoying the sunshine - awwww :D

sister, heehee I think I should be called greedyserendipity sometimes!! :o B1 is usually at 7.30 a.m. & B2 can be anywhere between 9.30 a.m. & lunchtime - sometimes I'll have B2 & lunch at the same time :o

SHEILA, thinking of you today, hope your Brother's op goes well.

alias, any idea when your hospital appointment will be?? Forgot to ask if your insect bite has calmed down yet??

Meals for today:

B1 - greek yoghurt & flaxseed
    B2 - 3 egg scramblies, button mushrooms, vine tomato
    L - 2 buttered GG crispbreads with topping (to be decided)
    D - chicken, cauli, broc, cheesy leeks

Exercise - walking (2 x 20 minutes), wall push-ups

Have a good LC day everyone :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills