We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I'm back (VERY SCARED) debt free diary

Options

Comments

• kelie
    kelie Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh god nightmare day. I got up early as I was leaving the house at 10am to do a day's rep signups with my avon manager. I am now officially a Sales Leader!! No longer a trainee.

Firstly we signed up a lovely girl with a baby except was paying more attention to him than I was to my manager lol. Then we had a bit of a disaster with one of my sales leaders reversing her car into someones newly planted tree/plants on a new build estate. The woman who lived in the house came running out screaming her head off and throwing obscenities at the 2 sales leaders in separate cars. Thankfully I was a passenger lol. She was frightful, will give me nightmares. eeek

Did the 2nd signup, then an hour and a half drive to the last one which I think is going to be a promising rep under me. I have 8 now woooo. I got back just in time to run to Lidl's grab the ingrediants for spag bol which my OH made for me and my mum and spent the evening with them watching The Apprentice. I am exhausted. I have 2 free days from avon now, so I am going to work "office hours" at least working on projects and searching for more work. If i work in the evenings too thats okay, as I sit downstairs on my laptop so its not so antisocial. I can't wait until my head hits the pillow tonight!!!!
    Virgin CC: [STRIKE]-£374.70[/STRIKE] -£384.39 | Barclaycard: -£2016.05 | Egg CC: [STRIKE]- £781.13[/STRIKE] -£1450.28 | M&S CC: [STRIKE]-£980.40[/STRIKE] -£1026.29 | Natwest CC: -£1,605.60 | Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£1,567.10[/STRIKE] -£1334.10 |

Current Account Balance:
    -£2,808.96

• rosered1963
    rosered1963 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    Options
    kelie wrote: »
    Oooh god nightmare day. I got up early as I was leaving the house at 10am to do a day's rep signups with my avon manager. I am now officially a Sales Leader!! No longer a trainee.

Firstly we signed up a lovely girl with a baby except was paying more attention to him than I was to my manager lol. Then we had a bit of a disaster with one of my sales leaders reversing her car into someones newly planted tree/plants on a new build estate. The woman who lived in the house came running out screaming her head off and throwing obscenities at the 2 sales leaders in separate cars. Thankfully I was a passenger lol. She was frightful, will give me nightmares. eeek

Did the 2nd signup, then an hour and a half drive to the last one which I think is going to be a promising rep under me. I have 8 now woooo. I got back just in time to run to Lidl's grab the ingrediants for spag bol which my OH made for me and my mum and spent the evening with them watching The Apprentice. I am exhausted. I have 2 free days from avon now, so I am going to work "office hours" at least working on projects and searching for more work. If i work in the evenings too thats okay, as I sit downstairs on my laptop so its not so antisocial. I can't wait until my head hits the pillow tonight!!!!

Hi Kelie - just dropping by to say hi - glad things going ok so far. Love your siamese kitten! :)
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Kelie

How you doing hun?

I am absolutely shattered!

Been to and fro the new flat most of the week and today I had to go on a 'be a nice neighbour' course, part of the tenancy agreement for the new flat. was about 45 minute journey both ways, only went and left my bloody lights on! battery flat as a pancake when I went back to it! Nightmare! Luckily a nice bloke from the housing association helped me out!

catch you soon

Kel
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • kelie
    Options
    Hiya :) I'm okay thanks, i've had a really nice weekend. Albeit not the cheapest, but thanks to my generous ex brother in law it wasn't too bad. Normally on a weekend, the OH goes out with his mates and leaves me at home with the kitten, so this weekend he said he was staying in. So that he didn't get twitchy and go out anyway, I suggested on Friday we go to Pizza Hut with my mum to get her out of the house. He thought it was a brilliant idea, so we picked her up and went down there. Me and mum went halves, so didn't work out too expensive either.

Then saturday, of course grand national day I always put a couple of pounds on - we chose one each, then had an extra one for luck. Ended up making a profit of £5 from coming 4th with an each way. My ex bro in law and mum were going out for a meal to a local village pub with a few other friends and family and we were invited to. At first i didn't really want to go I thought it was a really bad idea, but the OH wanted to, so we went for a meal (very reasonable £6 for a main course each) and my bro in law shouted some drinks bless him. We had a great night. OH and bro in law played pool and darts, I chatted with the women (inc mum). He said it was one of the best nights he has had this year, so I suggested instead of going out with his mates all the time, that he sometimes does things with me because I am actually good fun.

Other than that havent been too bad on the spending front. No enjoyable shopping this weekend at all so apart from bits in tesco, I have been good. We're going for sunday lunch at OH's parents in an hour and a half which will be nice. Then back here to watch loads of DVDs and TV :)

This week I have a lot of work planned. I've nearly finished a £600 web design job so that money will go straight into my current account towards my overdraft. Slightly nervous about not having much of my overdraft left for next months mortgage though. I need more jobs in!!

The avon sales thing takes up loads of time and i'm not being paid yet. I'll get 5% commission of all my team sales as long as they hit the £888 target, which they haven't this month. So starting to think this is a bit of a waste of time, but I will stick with it for now. I think i'm back in porthcawl wednesday. I've said I'm busy all other days which is true!
    Virgin CC: [STRIKE]-£374.70[/STRIKE] -£384.39 | Barclaycard: -£2016.05 | Egg CC: [STRIKE]- £781.13[/STRIKE] -£1450.28 | M&S CC: [STRIKE]-£980.40[/STRIKE] -£1026.29 | Natwest CC: -£1,605.60 | Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£1,567.10[/STRIKE] -£1334.10 |

Current Account Balance:
    -£2,808.96

• kelie
    Options
    Really good day turned into a really bad day :'(

I am so upset. I asked my ex for a payment break on the mortgage we own the house together and he lives in Scotland. I pay all the mortgage. He has said no and he wants to sell the house at a loss to cut all ties. I never wanted to buy this house in the first place, I wanted to walk away with my profit from the sale of the last one, but we did and now we're in this big mess.

I have come to love this place, I feel settled for once in years, and if we sell, I will end up either owing on the property or walking away with nearly no deposit money back. (I put £30k in, and so did he). Halifax is valuing my house at £140k now :(

I have no options. I am so upset :(:( Sitting here in tears

Current Account Balance:
    -£2,808.96

• cocalls
    cocalls Posts: 881 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    im sorry to hear that kelie-what price did you buy it for?
  • kelie
    Options
    177k and we both put down 30k each

I won't get another mortgage

Current Account Balance:
    -£2,808.96

• cocalls
    cocalls Posts: 881 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Then your ex if daft to want to loose all that money too-are you on ok terms at the mo? Could you write him a letter explaining the situation?
  • kelie
    Options
    I wrote him an email. He is happy enough to lose the money. He doesn't want it hanging over his head anymore whereas I really want my deposit back!

Current Account Balance:
    -£2,808.96

• *Vikki*
    *Vikki* Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Any chance you could get your mate to buy in with you?

Sorry to hear your situation :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family