🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Best Cashback Cards Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• P.A.T.
    Options
    I keep seeing references to various credit cards that give cashback, but I never see anything about Citicards Platinum card anymore. I'm sure that it was MSE who put me onto it a couple of years ago, because it was paying 1% cashback then AND IT STILL IS. Why does it not appear in the credits? Please tell me, as I feel that I need to know if there's something wrong with Citi, of which I should be aware. Otherwise, could MSE look into it again with a view to the possibility of including it as one of the better cashback deals available.
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    Looks like Citi are now 0.5% cashback:(

http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/cards/cards_plat.htm
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    I'm still waiting confirmation from Egg as to when the '1% cashback until 2007' will end? :confused:

They will not commit, and just keep telling me that it was only ever guaranteed until 1st Jan 2007....I'm welcome to apply...but to be aware that the cash back could finish at ant moment.................then they tell me about all the other benifits...etc...etc...etc...!

OK: HERE IS THE OFFICIAL RESPONSE (it took them a week to get back to me...........)

Dear Sir / Madam

A decision hasn't been made concerning when the cashback offer will continue
    until. If we decide to change the cashback, we'll notify all of our account
    holders in advance and also change our website. At present the rate remains at
    1%.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

Adam Wood
    Internet Customer Services

So ....what do you make of that?
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

• pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK: HERE IS THE OFFICIAL RESPONSE (it took them a week to get back to me...........)

Dear Sir / Madam

A decision hasn't been made concerning when the cashback offer will continue
    until. If we decide to change the cashback, we'll notify all of our account
    holders in advance and also change our website. At present the rate remains at
    1%.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

Adam Wood
    Internet Customer Services

So ....what do you make of that?

Seems pretty clear to me. Egg have not made a decision yet. When they do, they will notify Egg customers and at present the cashback remains at 1% (until otherwise informed).
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    Thanks- I was being Ironic!........just looks like they cant make a decision...!

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A slightly strange question. Because an airline cancelled a flight I have had money credited back onto my Morgan Stanley card, both by the airline and an airport car-parking company. This amounts to about £150. Will this credit back onto my card effect my cash-back amount? Will MS take the appropriate cash-back off me?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    trisontana wrote:
    A slightly strange question. Because an airline cancelled a flight I have had money credited back onto my Morgan Stanley card, both by the airline and an airport car-parking company. This amounts to about £150. Will this credit back onto my card effect my cash-back amount? Will MS take the appropriate cash-back off me?

In a word 'Yes' as it is a credit on to your account. If i ever need a refund I always ask if it needs to be on the same card..........if not I ask them to refund to my bank account....thus still getting the cash back....and gaining extra offset advantage on my savings!

• oly2c
    oly2c Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    oly2c wrote:
    Not exactly cashback but the ASDA credit card knocks 2p per litre of fuel bought at their filling stations which is about 2.4% on petrol at the moment. As ASDA petrol is as cheap or cheaper than it's rivals I will be using this for my petrol purchases whenever convenient.
    You also get points for vouchers amounting to 0.5% on all Asda purchases. This appears to be in addition to the 2p off petrol in filling stations.

I've compared filling station options for ASDA using their credit card and Morrisons Miles card using Egg Money.
    There isn't much to choose between them.
    Asda's 2p per litre plus 0.5% points at the current 83.9p/litre totals 2.41p/litre discount - 2.9%
    Morrisons 1.5p/litre plus 1.0% cashback also at 83.9p/litre totals 2.32p/litre equivalent to 2.8% discount.
    Of course you have to use Morrisons Vouchers in their stores whereas ASDA has no strings attached except for the 0.5% points vouchers.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got GE Money (previously using for all purchases - now only fuel) at 3% cashback.

Also using Tesco Clubcard Plus account for food (I work it out better to have Tesco points via deals than 3% cashback).

Need a card for non-fuel and non-food. Thinking of stoozing.
  • dollypeeps
    Options
    Hope I'min the correct place. I've just been sorting out my statements etc. My cashback bonus from Morgan Stanley is usually due 26/1. Received statement this morning and the cashback award is still on info page. Rang Morgan Stanley because you now have to request it but and this is a big but ......you can only request it in multiples of £15.00. I am not happy about this because to get exactly £45 or £60 is nigh on impossible and they will not put the residue (ie my cashback is £47.27) against any balance.

HAs anyone else noticed this or has any ideas other than swapping cards?

dollypeeps
    Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills