Best Cashback Cards Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• nigbus
    nigbus Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    What about the BIGGIE. Is it possible to pay your mortgage payments with a credit card?
    Also does anyone know the maximum Egg pay per year in cashback?

Thanks.
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    nigbus wrote:
    What about the BIGGIE. Is it possible to pay your mortgage payments with a credit card?
    Also does anyone know the maximum Egg pay per year in cashback?

Thanks.

With regards to a mortgage payment, I have never heard of a bank that will let you pay by credit card. If you are talking about the Egg Money card, then the maximum cashback is £200 a year.
  • nonsuch_2
    Options
    I have an Egg card and recently priced a new washing machine. Through a price checker site I found a Bosch WAE2416s at roughly £279 with free delivery. Dixons offer the same washing machine for £279 however if you use the 5% off egg link the same macine retails at £285. WHY?
  • pip1_2
    Options
    I started using my amex platinum in April with the promise of 2% moneyback if I spend £7500 in a year. I then recieved a letter in August telling me that I would now only get 1.5% if I spent over £10,001. Has anyone else had this 'shifting of the goalposts' from amex. I reckon they've done it when it became clear that I would easily exceed the £7500!! Also has anyone tried to contact amex to complain? They don't take e-mails and their help line asks loads of type 1,2,3 or 4 questions and then cuts you off after exactly 5 minutes on hold! Is it me?
  • rocks3
    rocks3 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I recently got a Morgan Stanley credit card. Although still advertised on their website 3%cashback until February, there was not mention of this in the bumph they sent me. When I rang them they said the 3% deal was still on. In my first statement I only recieved 1% cashback. When I rang them they told me this was a mistake but it could not be sorted out over the phone and I would need to write. I have done this with no result as yet. Any advice please?
    Sunshine Girl
  • kevbelfast
    Options
    has anyone else been waiting a long time to receive a morgan stanley card ? I applied and got sent the PIN code at the start of Nov. I have since phoned them up twice, the first time i was told the card was on the way and i should receive it in about three days, the next time i phoned, over a week later, i phoned again and was told that there is a proble with the supplier of the cards. has anyone else experienced this ?
  • wurley
    wurley Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi... I think my cash back deal is better than yours! ner... How about the GE money card.?.. 3% cash back on all your petrol and food shopping!! (upto a £5000 PA limit. Thats still a tidy sum) 0.5% on everything else..AND it's not an introductory offer either!! Ooo oo and you can set up a direct debit to pay it all off each month...Wheee!.. I can't think of anything bad with this card. If someone can ....Do tell.
    MSE_Archna wrote:
    articlealert.gif
    This thread is to specifically discuss the content of the

Best Cashback Credit Cards Article

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

The old thread can be viewed here
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    rocks3 wrote:
    I recently got a Morgan Stanley credit card. Although still advertised on their website 3%cashback until February, there was not mention of this in the bumph they sent me. When I rang them they said the 3% deal was still on. In my first statement I only recieved 1% cashback. When I rang them they told me this was a mistake but it could not be sorted out over the phone and I would need to write. I have done this with no result as yet. Any advice please?

Should be on th back of your agreement? My first statement had the correct 3% on it.
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    wurley wrote:
    Hi... I think my cash back deal is better than yours! ner... How about the GE money card.?.. 3% cash back on all your petrol and food shopping!! (upto a £5000 PA limit. Thats still a tidy sum) 0.5% on everything else..AND it's not an introductory offer either!! Ooo oo and you can set up a direct debit to pay it all off each month...Wheee!.. I can't think of anything bad with this card. If someone can ....Do tell.

Whats even better is that it seems to be paying 3% on everything and continues past £5k. Shame they have pulled it :(
  • ashtondav
    Options
    Just phone up amex and do a direct debit for the full amoount. I have had the BA amex card and now th platinum card and in both cases pay full amount by dd evry month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure