V A N Q U I S

Options

Comments

• slayervixen
    slayervixen Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2014 at 6:45PM
    Options
    So I came home to find a letter with a Vanquis gold card in it. The letter attached said it's my replacement Visa?

Does this mean my original card is void? I did get a credit upgrade recently but I don't intend to use it and if/when I do I pay in full.

I don't get the point of this? Have I now two separate cards with separate limits? Or is it one in the same?

Sorry for my rambling I'm really confused
    Wins so far - Revlon Lip Butter, Teapigs Matcha tea, Johnsons Face Care Gentle Exfoliating Wash:j
  • TherealMandM
    Options
    Same card same number. Just gets rebranded gold after u go above 1500 limit.
  • amberspy
    amberspy Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vanquis has also helped me ,and i pay balance off full every month
    but wondering how long do i need to wait until i can apply for prime credit card? and whats best places to try first
    thanks
  • countingstars
    Options
    amberspy wrote: »
    vanquis has also helped me ,and i pay balance off full every month
    but wondering how long do i need to wait until i can apply for prime credit card? and whats best places to try first
    thanks

Depends what your credit history is like but normally, I'd say between 6 months to 12 months. You may want to hang on to it for 12 months to be on the safe side. After Vanquis, I got my prime card after a year and that was with my own bank. Just keeping making those payments on time, every month and you'll soon get there. :)

Your own bank is your best bet because they'll know you're account history, ect.
  • Jacqu79
    Jacqu79 Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I applied for a vanquis card today and was accepted!:D

I'm quite chuffed, as it's the first credit I have applied for since I was sequestrated in 2011 and didn't really expect to get it.

I asked what my credit limit will be, but apparently they can't tell me. Is that the norm? They did offer a £100 cash advance.
  • Aqua1985
    Aqua1985 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What limit did you end up getting I also got offered a £100 advance?
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect £250.

john
  • Jacqu79
    Jacqu79 Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aqua1985 wrote: »
    What limit did you end up getting I also got offered a £100 advance?

I've not had my letter from them yet. They said it can take up to two weeks and I only applied last week.
  • Confessionsofashopaholic_2
    Confessionsofashopaholic_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 13 May 2014 at 11:08AM
    Options
    I applied to Vanquis last Monday got three calls all week, each time asking for same info, to confirm details set up direct debit etc, then told today that I have been accepted! Although only offered a cash advance of £100 (did not accept) they did not tell me my limit but based on cash advance offered this tells me my limit will prob be £150, hopefully it will be £250.
  • As you can tell from my username I love to shop, got carried away over the years so hence why I need to rebuild my credit now :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure