edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1.2K replies 32.3K views
GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
18.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
This thread is a continuation of THIS THREAD

Clinical depression is a recognised condition that affects people in many different ways often altering the sufferers personality and ability to function in a 'normal' manner. It can affect thinking, judgement, and social behaviour in ways that cause serious problems and embarrassment.

If this support thread on MSE is to continue it must be remembered that not all posters on this thread will always be able to express their feelings in a nice, sociable way.

If you find the posts of any particular member difficult to deal with then the ignore facility is available. Just as one person may not be in a place where they can post 'nicely', another may not be in a place where they are able to read said posts.

Please remember that this is a money saving site and the following should not be discussed

Medication
Treatments
Conditions

see HERE

PM's are private and should not be posted in a thread

Please respect the fact that MSE allows this thread on what is a moneysaving site :)

Other places where help/support is also available

NHS Direct

Samaritans

Mind

Depression Alliance

No Panic

Fellowship of Depressives Anonymous

B-eat

OCD-UK

Equilibrium

National Phobics Society
STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Compers please read the Comping Guide

Replies

• beachbethbeachbeth Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Tiff!:hello:

Hugs to anyone that needs them.:grouphug:

Good to be in a nice fresh place. Hope you've still got a cupboard for the smarties!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Tiff_2Tiff_2 Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi beth!hello.gif
    How are you sweetheart? I hope each day is getting a bit easier for you.
    Oh beth - you know I'd never leave the smartie cupboard behind!biggrin.gif
    I hate to run but I'm making myself go into town this morning.speechless-smiley-040.gif I've been thinking about it and planning it since 4a.m. and I can't delay it any more.laughing-smiley-014.gif
    Hoping you and the guys all have a good day and I'll pop in again later. Safe journeys, hun.sLo_hug2.gif
    Much Love,
    Tiffxxx
    "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.
    'You just got Tiffed!' ;)
  • Morning everyone - nice to be on a fresh thread :D

• TulipTulip Forumite
    29.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :hello: Everyone,

I am fine today,I cleaned my flat over today the kitchen and bathroom floors etc and it was soon done,I had gone for a walk first along seafront and it was bitterly cold,got my new game SimAnimals today and I will have a play on that this afternoon when my Nintendo ds has charged up.Just got a mug of tea and I am drinking it as its so cold out.Got some Wine for Dad on two for one offer from todays Daily Express.

love and light,

Katie xxx
  • Jo_R_2Jo_R_2 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Morning all

Tiff, agree with the thread name change:T

Had a lovely (not) surprise this morning when yet another letter arrived telling me I have a benefit overpayment from last year. It's right, having worked it out, it's just yet another to deal with, considering I informed all the correct agencies when OH moved in. I guess these things take a little time to get 'on the system' as it were.

Coupled with that, we're still in a state of uncertainty over OH's job. He should have found out for definite yesterday whether he's keeping his job or being made redundant, but although it seems two colleagues got 'the letter', there's still some rule regarding the scoring system they have used which means the boss has to wait another 48 hours :D before announcing officially.

So here we are two weeks on, *still* in a state of limbo, now with three letters of overpayments from last year which need dealing with but I can't until we know if OH is working or not, and thus how much we can afford to repay. Luckily, I have been very good in keeping on top of these and keeping the relevant agencies informed, so it's a matter of waiting until Monday now and then we can deal with each one.

I'm going to deal with today in the same way I do when I have some time on my hands - cleaning. DDs are with their dad and OH is out doing some work for a friend. I slept on the sofa so I'm going to clean the kitchen before finally managing to make it upstairs (LOL) and have a nice, invigorating shower - to wake me up considering I was sat watching Emmerdale omnibus at 5am (ish?) this morning and feeling massively pregnant and not wanting to lie in bed yet another night not sleeping.

Will catch up later with everyone xxx
    Dealing with my debts!
    Currently overpaying Virgin cc -
    balance Jan 2010 @ 1985.65
    Now @ 703.63
  • shazroboshazrobo Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    morning all or is it afternoon, just been into town, forgot how busy the place gets on a saturday, but had to go, as i got a call from the jeweller's to say my new ring was in, and i was so excited to go and get it.
    time to unpack the smarties for our new home, lol

shaz x
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • janie63janie63 Forumite
    262 Posts
    afternoon all! well..........i'm v.impressed with all you lot have managed to do today...........I have done nothing-except fed my cats!LOL They won't let you rest will they??

Still don't feel like facing the world yet- OH is at work as is DD and DS-so am on my own snuggled under the duvet coz it is soooo cold!

Love to all
    Jx
  • Tulip wrote: »
    :hello: Everyone,

I am fine today,I cleaned my flat over today the kitchen and bathroom floors etc and it was soon done,I had gone for a walk first along seafront and it was bitterly cold,got my new game SimAnimals today and I will have a play on that this afternoon when my Nintendo ds has charged up.Just got a mug of tea and I am drinking it as its so cold out.Got some Wine for Dad on two for one offer from todays Daily Express.

love and light,

Katie xxx

ooooo let me know what the game is like, i don't have a ds but i love the sims (its nice to let other people lead better lives than I can myself haha), but sim animals may be a swaying factor for me to get one hahaha

• SazboSazbo Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    beachbeth wrote: »
    Morning Tiff!:hello:

Hugs to anyone that needs them.:grouphug:

Good to be in a nice fresh place. Hope you've still got a cupboard for the smarties!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Not if I have anything to do with it;):D

Hugs to you too beth and to everyone here. Hope everyone's having a good saturday! :wave:

Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiff - pat on the back for you for starting a new thread.

I'm totally at a loss to understand how this instruction can be followed. It's a bit like having a pregnancy thread and instructing posters not to discuss the fact that they're pregnant.
    Please remember that this is a money saving site and the following should not be discussed

Conditions

What do other people think ?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals