We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

The 'MoneySaving IQ Test' discussion area

This is the discussion area for the



To let us know how you did, or discuss any answers with other MoneySavers, click reply
Former MSE team member
«134567…11

Comments

  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    13/25 but I'm a Numpty:o
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Academoney Grad
    10/25


    "Most expensive place to get foreign currency?"
    Your most expensive place to GET currency is often the cheapest place, if you order ahead.


    "Which of the following WON'T cut your petrol bill"
    Only half filling the tank means less miles driving to the petrol garage = smaller bill
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,408 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    A rather unimpressive 15/25... clearly I don't spend enough time on here.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

    Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • Mobeer wrote: »
    10/25
    "Which of the following WON'T cut your petrol bill"
    Only half filling the tank means less miles driving to the petrol garage = smaller bill

    Hi mobeer,

    Yep you are right. This actually tallies up with the quiz, where the right answer (i.e. the one that WON'T cut your bill) is....

    C) Accelerating to your cruising speed in the shortest time


    Here's the explanation given in the quiz

    Turning the air con off can cut your petrol use by up to 8%, reducing the car's weight by not filling it up each time will also cut your costs a touch. Yet accelerating quickly does the opposite and wastes a huge amount of fuel. For more details read the full cut fuel costs guide for more tips.
    Former MSE team member
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I got 15/25 - 115 IQ
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    14/25

    104. Yay!
    lol :D Cool quiz
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

    'I do my job, do you do yours?'

  • starkj
    starkj Posts: 63 Forumite
    You pay a credit card deposit for a budget airline return flight to Spain, costing £60 out and £60 back.

    Surely a return flight would be £120 therefore above the £100.

    Two singles would be £60 each below £100.

    Or is it just sour grapes nitpicking because I only got 80%?


  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,781 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Surprised myself by getting 20/25 (169)!:j

    Interesting to see which ones you get wrong though.
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I got 19/25 (171). I'm dead chuffed!

    The ones I got wrong are things that I don't really use, such as the phone one as I don't phone abroad.
  • I got 8 out of 25 - how embarrasing.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go. :A
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.