We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sar Letter

Comments

• Hi can anyone help me?
    I have made a sar request to Scottish power after a complaint.
    They told me they give 24 hrs to respond to the request with confirmation and payment options. I got the email and they said I could pay by cheque.
    I don't have a cheque book and I have been told that companies do take payment by card but don't like to disclose it. Is this true?

I want to complete payment quickly and don't want them today the usual crap like "it got lost in the post".

Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Send them a crossed postal order.

Do be aware that they have forty days to respond to your SAR request
  • Hello! Question for Di. I have not used any Credit Cards for years and only just remembered the other day that I used to have a Goldfish CC. Where do I start? Is it best just to send a £1 PO and just request the agreement without all the paperwork. Or, should I request the whole lot through the SAR and send £10. Why would I need all the paperwork? I chucked all my statements, etc out a couple of years ago, without a thought to PPI!
    Regards,
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 December 2014 at 6:28PM
    Did you have PPI?
    Did you actually pay any PPI?
    What would be you reason for complaint?

(Di3004 last logged in about 2 months ago)
  • I'm just completing a SAR form for Tesco Bank. My Credit card account number (which I presume is my CC number as I cant find another number) has changed twice over the many years I have had the account as they had to issue me with new cards due to attempted fraud on my account.
    Do I need to specify the account numbers or can I just put "all records"?
    If I put the latest one would they reference it back to the older ones?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,846 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    just put all credit card information.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hi there

I'm writing to Barclays about a Barclay card and Morgan Stanley card (as MS are now part of BC)

Can I go with with 1 SAR? and will this cost £10 or £20?

Any help greatly appreciated!

x
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 10 Posts Photogenic
    hi, maybe someone can help with my question - and beat me to it while I trawl through all the PPI threads and educate myself about the whole process!

I'm looking to investigate a Natwest loan taken out probably 10 years ago, but have no paperwork or account details. The loan was paid off in full in July 2008.

If I send an SAR to Natwest, will their records go back far enough for me to be able to get details of the loan and then launch a PPI claim, if appropriate?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,667 Forumite
    Photogenic Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    hi, maybe someone can help with my question - and beat me to it while I trawl through all the PPI threads and educate myself about the whole process!

I'm looking to investigate a Natwest loan taken out probably 10 years ago, but have no paperwork or account details. The loan was paid off in full in July 2008.

If I send an SAR to Natwest, will their records go back far enough for me to be able to get details of the loan and then launch a PPI claim, if appropriate?
    The data protection act requires old data to be deleted when no longer useful, for finance products it is typically after 6 years. They may have archives if you have other active products with them but it's your gamble on the tenner, no one here will know

Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

• secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 10 Posts Photogenic
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    The data protection act requires old data to be deleted when no longer useful, for finance products it is typically after 6 years. They may have archives if you have other active products with them but it's your gamble on the tenner, no one here will know

thank you
    one is for a CC (not a loan, my mistake) taken out in late '98, closed 2008
    one is for a CC taken out mid-2001, closed 2003.

So both are outside any 6 year window, and don't currently have active accounts with either - is it worth filing a SAR for these?

If I can't get any info on these accounts from the source, is that where my PPI journey ends?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.