Options

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you
    one is for a CC (not a loan, my mistake) taken out in late '98, closed 2008
    one is for a CC taken out mid-2001, closed 2003.

So both are outside any 6 year window, and don't currently have active accounts with either - is it worth filing a SAR for these?

If I can't get any info on these accounts from the source, is that where my PPI journey ends?

Unless someone here works for either bank and is prepared to discuss what the bank has in terms of archives you're pretty much gambling it - worth it if you feel you were miss-sold PPI (and are confident you had it).

Ultimately without any records it is a shot in the dark, if neither of you have records to prove you paid it, your complaint wouldn't be a starter, if you had it and they still have records you can start but would need complaint reasons.

Do note with credit cards you only paid PPI (even if you had it) if you carried a balance on the card (typically around 70p per £100 of balance) so if you paid in full you would never pay any
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    !Thinking about sending an SAR to Barclay's but the accounts would be over 20 years old. If they could not find the information would that mean they would have to remove the charge they have on our property?

Just to say we are not trying to avoid paying, we have already paid paid debt they got the charge for, we had paid it years before we found out they had the charge and are finding it difficult to get it removed.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • radcliffe78
    Options
    can anybody point me in the right direction,where do I send the sar letter to?
    I have had loans/credit cards from the following

lloystsb loan & credit card
    Debenhams store card
    capital one credit card
    bwfc credit card

problem is I don't have account numbers or the address to send the sar letter to
  • JamieEverton
    Options
    Hi , my mum had a goldfish credit card for years and has tried to claim back PPI from Barclays but they say they don't have her record of the card and only offered her £300 as a goodwill gesture. I would like to take this further any advice please would be greatly accepted .
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did she send a SAR?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • JamieEverton
    Options
    Hi taff, no she hasn't sent a SAR letter. So do you think that should be her next option ?
  • debbieblueeyes
    Options
    hi is there a template letter for a rejected sar?. How far can they go back?.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hi is there a template letter for a rejected sar?. How far can they go back?.
    There is no such thing as a "rejected" SAR.

Legally they have to provide all information that has been kept on file for you.

If by "rejected" you mean they say they no longer have any records then there is realistically nothing you can do.

Banks are required to keep records only as long as they might reasonably need them (typically 6 years). If you are no longer a customer of theirs anything older than six years is very unlikely to exist.

This is in line with Data Protection.

If, however, you have evidence that they have lied about their records, you can write and complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

Of course there is no template for this, as it's very unlikely that you have any such evidence.
  • Nicmitch
    Options
    Hi does anyone know if u can claim PPI on some old store cards, river island, Asda, de engrams, Asda and the finance I took for my sofa with Hitachi capital? Thankyou x
  • angela2011
    angela2011 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

we're going to make PPI claim against TSB however i don't have the account details etc.

Will sending a SARS letter allow me to get this info?

TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport