Sar Letter

Options

Comments

• WatchMan
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »

People aren't stupid. They'll figure it out.

I don't know.

All I've seen is that there was mention of businesses using payment by cheque as a barrier to a SAR. Moneyineptitude suggested, what has to be, the most logical alternative to a cheque... a postal order.

So far, you've accused Moneyineptitude of running this site and writing the guides, and then working for a bank and identifying you.

When I log in tomorrow, I fully expect MI to be in the frame for the Kennedy assassination.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tin foil is available in various supermarkets......
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    are you saying OceanSound is the only piece of information you know about me? (
    Of course not, I know your full address, telephone number and bank sort code. I also know your name is Winston Kodogo and that you are currently watching 'Poldark" on BBC1. You really should purchase a TV license...
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    Update:

Sent a cheque for 10 pounds accompanied with a letter printed on paper + ID.

After the discussion here (on this forum) about the terms and conditions not being part of my personal data. I decided to leave that part out from the Santander SAR.

See my original Santander SAR (names and personal details replaced) lodged via secure messaging : !!!!!!/sant-ini-request

The paper copy I sent via post: !!!!!!/sant-fee-attacd

No mention of terms and conditions.

However, I received a letter from Santander on 26 August 2016. It has the following:

Please note that some documents, such as company internal policies and procedures, terms and conditions etc contain no personal data and therefore do not fall under the remit of a Subject Access Request.

See their letter: !!!!!!/sant-sar-rep

Moneyineptitude: still think it's coincidence?. Santander has nothing to do with Halifax, in fact they are competitors. Although, when it comes to information, they know exactly what I said. Yep, through a third party. He always takes care of business. <wink> Looks after them real good. Just follow the money.

I'll be lodging a complaint with the ICO against Santander for not responding to the initial SAR lodged via secure messaging (section 7 breach of the DPA) among other breaches.

So you were unable to send a cheque but did?
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So you were unable to send a cheque but did?

only after a loooong delay. I'm overseas.

There's supermarkets abroad. (that's where I get my tin foil from). However, they don't do postal orders.

Unless you're somewhere like Bahamas or Antigua and Barbuda, you won't be able to get one. The UK post office website say's you can buy a british postal order in those countries. see: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/postal-orders. Even then I doubt supermarkets do them.

I invite you to suggest otherwise.

Anyway, I'm off to spot chemtrails. Got my tin foil hat :wink:, but most importantly, my Occam's razor.:wave:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm overseas.
    Clearly if I had known that earlier in the thread I wouldn't have suggested a Postal Order.

International Money Orders, on the other hand, are available to you....

Still think I run this site, write the articles AND work for a Bank which can somehow identify customers from anonymous posts on the Internet?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm overseas.

Might have helped if you'd explained that bit to start with.....

Happy tin foil hatting :p
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • OceanSound
    Options
    International Money Orders, on the other hand, are available to you....

International Money order. Geez. How old are you? 95?..100?.

Of course, if you're a brit and you reach 100 you can receive a telegram from the QUeen. I can understand that. But Money orders, who pays using money orders these days?..How many times in everyday conversations do you hear.."oh!, let me send you a money order", "Do you accept money orders".

Anyway, It's all contactless cards and PAYm now. I seem to get endless offers to sign-up to god knows how many credit cards, but when it comes to paying for a SAR..oh!, we only accept, cheque or postal order.

BTW, that's what SANtander has said:
    ....please send a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to “Santander UK plc (Access
    Enquiry) along with full written details of your request, to the following address:
    Data Subject Access Requests, Santander UK plc, PO Box 1111, Bradford, BD1 9NQ.

Money order not accepted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Money order not accepted.
    An International Money order would be accepted.
  • OceanSound
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if you tell them how YOU can't pay, they are telling you what they will accept as payment.

You pay as they ask, or you don't.

An International Money order would be accepted.

You're buddy seemed pretty confident that we have to pay using the method suggested by the bank/company/organisation. See above.

Actually, you could be on to something, because I remember reading that as long as you can prove you've sent the fee and the recipient received it, the bank has to start processing the SAR. The 40 day clock starts from when they receive the fee. SO in theory you could send a bankers draft and that would have to be accepted.
    Clearly if I had known that earlier in the thread I wouldn't have suggested a Postal Order.

Still think I run this site, write the articles AND work for a Bank which can somehow identify customers from anonymous posts on the Internet?

Even while knowing I was overseas you could respond pretending not to know :D If you didn't pretend, you'd be giving the game away. (You'll be making it obvious! and it won't be a conspiracy anymore).

Anyway, how would someone staying in Spain, USA or Australia (Many brits in these countries - so naturally they get a mention) go about getting an International Money Order, presumably in British Pounds. Where would they go to get one?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure