Sar Letter

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I no longer care, I'm afraid.
  • I expect this has been covered:
    I have successfully claimed on my Lloyds Credit Card & Loan Accounts but I completely forgot until the other day, that I had an Egg Credit Card about 2003-5. I wonder how I can I get hold of my account details to be able to initiate the SAR process and a claim?
    Any guidance appreciated.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Send the SAR to Canada Square Operations.
    Don't get your hopes up for Egg though, their online application had a pre ticked box aroud 2001.....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • jimmy2007
    jimmy2007 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Is this SARS letter in the original post still relevant in 2017? Just wanted to check
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    Options
    Yes.............
    Take out the part about proof of destruction, that's not.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Flicknick
    Options
    Hello

I am completely new to this and have read lots of the posts and helpful advice and wondered if you could help me.

Back in the 80's and 90's I had various loans with Nationwide and Halifax. I don't have details of the loans any more and cant remember definitively if PPI was included with them but something in my memory thinks it was. I do however have my old account numbers and sort codes and wondered if as a starting point I should send an SAR letter to both or do you think I will be wasting my time as they are so old and they will simply come back with a standard response saying they don't hold records this far back.

Also, I had a mortgage back in 1993 with Abbey National (now Santander) where I am confident some form of PPI was attached to this. Unfortunately, I don't have any account numbers any more but I know the mortgage was paid through my Nationwide account which details I do have. Could I include something in the SAR letter asking if they could supply any details they have of the payments made to Abbey National? If not, should I send an SAR letter to Santander?

I know I also had various car loans during the 80s and 90s where PPI was included but again don't have these details any more but they would have been paid from my Nationwide account. Again should I include something in the SAR letter to ask if they have any records/statements of transactions paid from the account?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Flicknick
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    Flicknick wrote: »
    Any help with this would be much appreciated.
    Answered on your duplicate thread here;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5691396
  • lilia_fellini
    Options
    I held numerous credit cards with MBNA over the years. I am about to file SAR request, but only have one account number, but not the rest. I am not sure how the letter is worded, but if I supplied only one account number and maybe said something in the lines of "and any other credit accounts I held with MBNA you have records on" - would MBNA send this too?

I am asking, because when I requested SAR from Barclays, I only put down my current account number, but to my surprise they sent all the info they held on file for me including credit card accounts for which I did not explicitly asked (bonus!)

Equally, if I wanted to request SAR from Nationwide, would it be enough to only give them current account number in the hope that they will send me the credit card statements?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A SAR letter can and should ask for 'all information you hold on myself'
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am asking, because when I requested SAR from Barclays, I only put down my current account number, but to my surprise they sent all the info they held on file for me including credit card accounts for which I did not explicitly asked (bonus!)

A SAR does exactly that. Its not a pick and choose what they send you. They have to send you everything that they hold with your personal data on it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure