🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sar Letter

Options

Comments

• AgentM_2
    AgentM_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another question!

Is it ok to send if you don't actually have the account numbers?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's one of the points of sending it , to find them out :)
    {ut as much informaiton in as you can, past addresses etc to help.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • AgentM_2
    AgentM_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    It's one of the points of sending it , to find them out :)
    {ut as much informaiton in as you can, past addresses etc to help.

Thank you Taff :)

I'll get posting

Egg - CC & loan
    Mint - CC
    HSBC - CC

Fingers crossed!
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Quick question. Can they ever ask for more than £10 to provide all the info? I only ask because I want to do a SAR to my credit card company, but I see that online every paper version of an old statement you request is at a cost of £4 each!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Pink1808
    Pink1808 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Just a quick question maybe someone can help me with :)

Sent Barclaycard a SAR in Dec 2012
    wanted copies of my Hubbys Old Egg card and Old Barclaycard gold and Platinum cards and they sent him all Egg info from 2006 to present nothing for the old Barclaycards.
    First of all I thought that's ok they were old account didn't think they would have the records anyway however I put claims in for all 3 PPI claims and all 3 came back not up held saying he ticked box and so on so am I right in thinking that they must have records if they have said no?

Btw all 3 are now with the FOS and they have upheld the Egg one just waiting to hear about Barclaycards but what I found strange is that last Month they cashed the cheque for £10 that I sent them in Dec 2012 but still not sent me any info.

Sorry for the waffling post just wondered if it was worth writing to them asking were the rest of the info is?

Many thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Quick question. Can they ever ask for more than £10 to provide all the info? I only ask because I want to do a SAR to my credit card company, but I see that online every paper version of an old statement you request is at a cost of £4 each!
    Just ask for ALL FINANCIAL INFO they hold on you not specifically statements, they should send everything they have on you.
    The cost is £10 for all info.
  • -taff
    Options
    Pink1808 wrote: »
    First of all I thought that's ok they were old account didn't think they would have the records anyway however I put claims in for all 3 PPI claims and all 3 came back not up held saying he ticked box and so on so am I right in thinking that they must have records if they have said no?

Not necessarily. They may have info that there was a card but no other info. If they are only now cahsing your cheque, have they sent you more stuff?
    Personally, I'd have been complaining to the ICO long before now because they have 40 days to provide you with your info, not nearly 7 months.
  • Pink1808
    Pink1808 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    If they are only now cahsing your cheque, have they sent you more stuff?

No not a thing only the egg stuff they send in Jan 2013 and most of that stuff was missing 2000- 2005 .

Think i might write to them asking where the Barclaycard stuff is and why it took so long for them to cash the cheque and see what they say, like I said they must have something to say they wouldn't up help his PPI claim or they would have just said sorry we don't have any records ?

Many thanks for your help.
  • -taff
    Options
    They won't supply you with the Egg records, you'll hae to write to Egg for that.

Apparently Barclaycard also destroy statements from more than 6 years ago fro cards.
  • Rbcca1
    Options
    hello, I am 31 and earn near the minimum wage as a health care assistant.
    My big dream would be to sell home made cakes, chocolates at a kentish farmers market stall.
    i have conatcted a lage stall holder and he ha s asked me to buy personal liability insurance and that would be it.
    I am not even sure how to start about it, and also would i have to also register a s self employed?(i only plan doing it at wekends, at a very part time basis)
    Could anybody help me out where i could get some more information about selling goods at farmers markets?
    also how much would this pli cost for say, a year?
    I would appreciate any input ,advice
    Thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills