PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views
126992700270127032705

Replies

  • cappo wrote: »
    No News is good news:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    SO i called cap one 7 weeks after my first letter they say i have ticked the box to say i wante ppi they say they have sent me out a complaints leaflet where do i go from here?any asdvice do i write them again ?
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    sassyone19 wrote: »
    SO i called cap one 7 weeks after my first letter they say i have ticked the box to say i wante ppi they say they have sent me out a complaints leaflet where do i go from here?any asdvice do i write them again ?



    Hi sassy this is a fairly standard response from them, i had exactly the same, see what comes out of all this and if they reject you and give you a written final response put a complaint into the fos.
  • if i did tick the box does that make my claim invalid.
  • cappo wrote: »
    Hi sassy this is a fairly standard response from them, i had exactly the same, see what comes out of all this and if they reject you and give you a written final response put a complaint into the fos.
    thanks cappo thanks for the advice thank god for this forum:T:T
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    sassyone19 wrote: »
    if i did tick the box does that make my claim invalid.


    It does not sassy, there are lots of reasons for being misold the ticked box is only one, the lender is supposed to judge your case on the fsa open assessment 10/12 if they will not do this the fos will, i won a case against cap 1 and others have as well, it's a waiting game with the fos (if it comes to that) but they've never let me down yet. steve
  • cappo wrote: »
    It does not sassy, there are lots of reasons for being misold the ticked box is only one, the lender is supposed to judge your case on the fsa open assessment 10/12 if they will not do this the fos will, i won a case against cap 1 and others have as well, it's a waiting game with the fos (if it comes to that) but they've never let me down yet. steve
    ok thanks xxwill keep onto em n keep u postedx
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    sassyone19 wrote: »
    thanks cappo thanks for the advice thank god for this forum:T:T


    Amen:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  • cappo wrote: »
    Hi Monkey no need to be stressed, firstly if your accounts are still open you need to be finding out if you had ppi, introduce yourself at your local branch take i.d just in case (passport, driving license etc) and ask if you had ppi if your standing in front of them it's going to be harder for them to turn you away. If you get no joy you could try calling the dedicated ppi helpline or even the ceo of the bank but i'd approach them first, see all the links below


    Hi thanks for the quick reply.
    My partner has rang the ppi complaints department at Lloyds, i luckily was able to trace the loan account numbers off my internet banking, so was able to give them those, also explained why he thought he was mis sold ppi, and they said they would be sending out a letter and should receive it within 5 days, partner didnt ask what the letter was about, does anyone know what the first letter will say?? many thanks:beer:
  • ok so after finally sending my complaint to the right address Santander sent a offer letter today for a old cahoot flexible loan. stating the following:

    Refund of payments from December 2002 (when I took loan out) until January 2004 (this is when they say I stoppped making ppi payments) the girl said on the phone I may have not been paying enough back to qualify for making ppi payments?? though I always paid the minimum amount if not more would they not always make a charge for ppi if it was taken out against the loan no matter if I was making minimum payments required....no idea just find it strange tho I could of cancelled the PPi at this point pretty sure I didn't.

    the breakdown is as follows:

    total premimums for 14 months £389, interest on this £303 and the lost interest £4.15 total due £697....

    Does anyone know if the £4.15 calculation for simple interest is right? at the end of the day I never finished paying the loan so it will go as redress to the balance but it was money I didn't have before so doesn't matter least its going to the debt.

    It was a online loan so I didn't get any monthly statements sent so can't prove I paid PPI after Jan 04 though I am sure I was, I can't access the online account anymore cuz its closed.

    suppose its another win for the consumer though however you look at it :)
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    monkey81 wrote: »
    cappo wrote: »
    Hi Monkey no need to be stressed, firstly if your accounts are still open you need to be finding out if you had ppi, introduce yourself at your local branch take i.d just in case (passport, driving license etc) and ask if you had ppi if your standing in front of them it's going to be harder for them to turn you away. If you get no joy you could try calling the dedicated ppi helpline or even the ceo of the bank but i'd approach them first, see all the links below


    Hi thanks for the quick reply.
    My partner has rang the ppi complaints department at Lloyds, i luckily was able to trace the loan account numbers off my internet banking, so was able to give them those, also explained why he thought he was mis sold ppi, and they said they would be sending out a letter and should receive it within 5 days, partner didnt ask what the letter was about, does anyone know what the first letter will say?? many thanks:beer:



    Hi Monkey this will just be details of your claim, i.e a standard "we are investigating letter" whether they claim you have ppi etc etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides