PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• dilus wrote: »
    Hope it comes with a breakdown as you need to know how much 8% you get so you can pay tax on that :( Enjoy it when you get it :)
    hi dilus

loan 1
    refund of premiums £280.33
    refund of interest at 17.9% £134.23
    interest at 8% calc up till 23 march £370.49
    excess balance and interest £31.40
    total £816.45

loan 2
    refund of premiums £195.47
    refund of interest at 17.9% £54.23
    interest at 8%,calc up untill 23 march 2012 £241.00
    excess balance and interest £19.63
    total £510.33

loan 3
    refund of premiums £77.69
    refund of interest at 13.9% £16.74
    interest at 8% calc untill 23 march 2012 £97.09
    excess balance and interest £7.66
    total £199.18
    loan 4
    refund of premiums £34.31
    refund of interest at 14.9% £2.82
    interest at 8% calc up until 23 march 2012 £40.94
    excess balance and interest £3.12
    total £81.19

is this what u mean ?
    do the taxman automatically deduct before i receive check ??
    halifax loan ppi win £1607.15 :D
    Halifax cc. Ppi win. £2.851.62 :)
    everyones equal some more than others :D
  • edited 27 February 2012 at 6:57PM
    dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    edited 27 February 2012 at 6:57PM
    hi dilus

loan 1
    refund of premiums £280.33
    refund of interest at 17.9% £134.23
    interest at 8% calc up till 23 march £370.49
    excess balance and interest £31.40
    total £816.45

loan 2
    refund of premiums £195.47
    refund of interest at 17.9% £54.23
    interest at 8%,calc up untill 23 march 2012 £241.00
    excess balance and interest £19.63
    total £510.33

loan 3
    refund of premiums £77.69
    refund of interest at 13.9% £16.74
    interest at 8% calc untill 23 march 2012 £97.09
    excess balance and interest £7.66
    total £199.18
    loan 4
    refund of premiums £34.31
    refund of interest at 14.9% £2.82
    interest at 8% calc up until 23 march 2012 £40.94
    excess balance and interest £3.12
    total £81.19

is this what u mean ?
    do the taxman automatically deduct before i receive check ??

Hi icmelerlovers, I don't believe Halifax stop the tax before payment so you need to add up all the 8% figures and if you are a tax payer you have to inform HMRC of the amount and pay your tax rate on it whether it be 20%, 40% or 50% :(
    Hate to put a dampner on it but it will save you getting into trouble with the tax man later on when you may not have it to pay ;)
    You're looking at a tax bill of £149.90 if you pay tax at 20%
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
    Hi icmelerlovers, I don't believe Halifax stop the tax before payment so you need to add up all the 8% figures and if you are a tax payer you have to inform HMRC of the amount and pay your tax rate on it whether it be 20%, 40% or 50% :(
    Hate to put a dampner on it but it will save you getting into trouble with the tax man later on when you may not have it to pay ;)
    You're looking at a tax bill of £149.90 if you pay tax at 20%

hi dilus ,
    if i put a claim now for my credit cards with halifax , will this interfere with this claim
  • dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    hi dilus ,
    if i put a claim now for my credit cards with halifax , will this interfere with this claim

No not at all, the cards will have completely different account numbers to the loans and besides they have sorted the loans out and agreed redress. Go ahead and good luck ;)
    Successes
  • Hi All I had a loan with Northern Rock I have read the articles but can't find anything relating to them ...Anyone any idea as to how I would go about claiming back from them ..the loan was fully repaid in 2008/9 but I was told as I worked for an agency at the time I had to take out the PPI.

Sorry if I have posted this incorrectly it's my first post.

thanks in advance
    No not at all, the cards will have completely different account numbers to the loans and besides they have sorted the loans out and agreed redress. Go ahead and good luck ;)

i have pm you
  • Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could kindly help me??!! I was called several weeks ago from one of the PPI reclaiming companies so I decided to give them some basic details of some past car loans I'd had just out of curiosity! They reckoned that I was entitled to claim back a couple of thousand off one of these loans. This was a Black Horse car finance loan for approx £6000. I have all the documentation still but can't find anywhere where it says I paid anything for PPI. The company who rang me said that this was often the case and they often hid these charges so you didn't know you were paying for it. Does anyone know if this is true and if there's any point in my claiming even when the paperwork says I never paid any Payment Protection Plan or Insurance??

Many thanks for any help and advice anyone can offer,

Emma
  • dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could kindly help me??!! I was called several weeks ago from one of the PPI reclaiming companies so I decided to give them some basic details of some past car loans I'd had just out of curiosity! They reckoned that I was entitled to claim back a couple of thousand off one of these loans. This was a Black Horse car finance loan for approx £6000. I have all the documentation still but can't find anywhere where it says I paid anything for PPI. The company who rang me said that this was often the case and they often hid these charges so you didn't know you were paying for it. Does anyone know if this is true and if there's any point in my claiming even when the paperwork says I never paid any Payment Protection Plan or Insurance??

Many thanks for any help and advice anyone can offer,

Emma

DON'T use a claims company please, they will take a minimum of 25% of any thing you may get back.
    One reason it may not be apparent you have been paying PPI could be that it was a single premium upfront payment, which is a big NO NO. This would show up on the original paperwork if you have it. It would be an extra amount over and above the actual loan amount, added to the loan amount from the start. Double check the paperwork for any amount other than the £6000 loan also check any statements you may have from the time to see if there are any payments on them for PPI on a monthly basis ;)
    Successes
  • I wouldn't go through one of the companies! Seems like there's enough help on here to go for it myself but just don't want to have to go through it all if there's no point (I have a one year old so time is precious!! lol) On my pre-contract information there is a key financial information section which says the following:

Amount of credit: £6215.19
    Duration of agreement: 60 months
    Total amount payable: £8319.17

One repayment of £259.66 payable 1 month after date of agreement followed one month after by 58 monthly repayments of £134.66 followed one month thereafter by one final repayment of £233.66
    APR 12.8%

Then theres another box entitled other financial information:

cash price of goods: £6230.76
    cash price of payment protection plan (optional) £0.00
    cash price of other insurances: £0.00
    total cash price: £6230.76
    Advance payment: £15.57
    interest: £1864.41
    acceptance fee: £125
    documentation fee: £99.00
    Total charge for credit: £2088.41
    interest rate 10.85% per annum

Does any of that sound dodgey and worth pursuing? Like I said before I would never have thought I had been sold PPI due to the £0.00 next to that section on the paperwork but as that company have told me they often hide it and it's not obvious I just want to double check!! Thanks again :0)
  • cappo wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself We all were.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So what should my next move be? should i contact Pendragon - the company who bought out Reg Vardy, or the insurance company directly - or go crazy and contact them both!! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides