edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    jchaplin wrote: »
    Would it do any harm to persue both avenues rather than cancel and lose the fee, or is that just going to cause problems for us?
    Your father has authorised the Claims Company to act on his behalf. He can't now make a concurrent complaint, I'm afraid, as the claims company would still want payment from any redress awarded.
  • Having just woken up to being able to reclaim ppi my boyfriend phoned RBS to register his complaint, they took all his details and said they would follow it up with his loans since 1997, he does have the details for them all which is handy. I thought we would be better sending the letter and form but they seem to have registered the complaint. Should we follow up with a letter or see what happens as a result of the phone call?

How are RBS at dealing with these complaints, will it be a hard fight?
  • Sorry in advance if this is something other people have asked but I've not been able to find anything elsewhere.
    In 2006 I got a secured loan via Loan Makers and have a loan agreement with first national, but the loan is paid to GE Money - on the loan I paid £2272 up front for payment protection as it was suggested at the time that without it i wouldn't recieve the loan without it.
    I think the insurance was mis sold, but who do i claim against??

Any help gratefully recieved.....
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cappo wrote: »
    I am 175 next birthday.

Grandad, grandad we love you xxx:rotfl::rotfl:
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boblufc wrote: »
    Sorry in advance if this is something other people have asked but I've not been able to find anything elsewhere.
    In 2006 I got a secured loan via Loan Makers and have a loan agreement with first national, but the loan is paid to GE Money - on the loan I paid £2272 up front for payment protection as it was suggested at the time that without it i wouldn't recieve the loan without it.

GO GET IT BACK ..... ADVANCE FRONT LOADING ... OH DEAR

The FSA and FOS HATE COMPANIES LIKE THIS especially if you were told you would not get the loan without it, someone pocketed a heavy commission from you

What say you Amersall and Cappo ???
  • Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope that someone can help with our claim for PPI

Both my partner and I (before we met) bought cars from Reg Vardy - in 2006, both over 60 months and both with PPI provided by Vardycare via a company called Direct Group Ltd. ( I have their full postal address on the direct debit mandate, unsure if they are stilll going??)

I have got copies of both of the PPI agreements with the monthly premiums on them. Both of us feel that we were pressured to take the policy by the Vardy Vultures!! - I was a mature student at the time and didnt even have a permanent job!

Having searched the forum there is very little information on Vardycare products - but considering how large the company was, there must be more people who have been missold PPI??

Now that Reg Vardy as a motor group no longer exists - where do I send my compaint to, and is the process as straightforward - one post mentioned they werent part of the FSA???

Help is VERY much appreciated, as we have a baby on the way and any compensation would REALLLLLLY come in handy!!

Thank you in advance

Claire
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cturner78 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope that someone can help with our claim for PPI

Both my partner and I (before we met) bought cars from Reg Vardy - in 2006, both over 60 months and both with PPI provided by Vardycare via a company called Direct Group Ltd. ( I have their full postal address on the direct debit mandate, unsure if they are stilll going??)

I have got copies of both of the PPI agreements with the monthly premiums on them. Both of us feel that we were pressured to take the policy by the Vardy Vultures!! - I was a mature student at the time and didnt even have a permanent job!

Having searched the forum there is very little information on Vardycare products - but considering how large the company was, there must be more people who have been missold PPI??

Now that Reg Vardy as a motor group no longer exists - where do I send my compaint to, and is the process as straightforward - one post mentioned they werent part of the FSA???

Help is VERY much appreciated, as we have a baby on the way and any compensation would REALLLLLLY come in handy!!

Thank you in advance

Claire

Hi, what makes you think you were mis-sold ? did you try to claim and failed ?

Reg Vardy would not have insured this themselves, they would have used a 3rd party insurance company. If you think you were mis-sold you need good reason to claim plus you need to locate the insurance company
  • boblufc wrote: »
    Sorry in advance if this is something other people have asked but I've not been able to find anything elsewhere.

Hi folks,

I'd also be very interested to hear your feedback on this, because as many veterans of the forum know that my disabled sister was sold a loan and the wretched PPI by Norton Finance in 2007, but the loan repayments have been going to GE Money. The FOS awarded her a rebate on the grounds of mis-sold PPI in October of 2011, but Norton failed to cough up before they went into administration. The FOS had instructed Norton to recalculate what had already been paid so that it reflected how her account balance would have been without the PPI. Since Norton have gone bust, do GE have the right to ignore the instructions from the FOS to recalculate and insist that the repayments remain the same as they've always been, or do they have to do as Norton have been told, as GE are the ones getting the money every month?
    Thanks.
  • Thanks everyone for the advice - cancellation is an option, and the fee he would lose is less than the potential recovery - but that said I think we'll let them do the recovery now they're involved - a shame, but I dont think I have the time to devote to supporting him going down the DIY claim route.

Thanks again.
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    beamerguy wrote: »
    GO GET IT BACK ..... ADVANCE FRONT LOADING ... OH DEAR

The FSA and FOS HATE COMPANIES LIKE THIS especially if you were told you would not get the loan without it, someone pocketed a heavy commission from you

What say you Amersall and Cappo ???

Hi mate i say you've hit the nail right on the head this is another Win.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides