PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    I wouldn't go through one of the companies! Seems like there's enough help on here to go for it myself but just don't want to have to go through it all if there's no point (I have a one year old so time is precious!! lol) On my pre-contract information there is a key financial information section which says the following:

Amount of credit: £6215.19
    Duration of agreement: 60 months
    Total amount payable: £8319.17

One repayment of £259.66 payable 1 month after date of agreement followed one month after by 58 monthly repayments of £134.66 followed one month thereafter by one final repayment of £233.66
    APR 12.8%

Then theres another box entitled other financial information:

cash price of goods: £6230.76
    cash price of payment protection plan (optional) £0.00
    cash price of other insurances: £0.00
    total cash price: £6230.76
    Advance payment: £15.57
    interest: £1864.41
    acceptance fee: £125
    documentation fee: £99.00
    Total charge for credit: £2088.41
    interest rate 10.85% per annum

Does any of that sound dodgey and worth pursuing? Like I said before I would never have thought I had been sold PPI due to the £0.00 next to that section on the paperwork but as that company have told me they often hide it and it's not obvious I just want to double check!! Thanks again :0)

Hi emmagoose1978,
    NO PPI on this as you say :) It would be a figure next to "cash price of payment protection plan.
    Spend plenty of time with your 1 year old, they grow up far too quickly :)
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • Evening all,

Im after some advice. I currently have a loan with which im still paying protection cover for and i am now looking to claim back the cover as i believe i was miss sold this.
    Has anybody got any claim companies to recommend with no win no fee, no upfront fees and a low percentage taken from successful claims??????
  • Have been paying Total Mortgage Protection (TMPP) since June `01 of £29.64 per month, Halifax have offered:

Refund of premiums £867.42
    Interest @ 8% calculated to March 2012 £205.17

Included in the letter received was this paragraph:

"At this point I need to clarify that only the Mortgage repayment cover element of you TMPP is a form of Payment Protection Insurance Policy, Our review is only in relation to the PPI element"

Working it out roughly it seems they have excluded over £2,000 for Critical Illness cover.

We had Life insurance with the Halifax!! plus an endowment policy.

Accept or refuse?
  • dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    PJP1 wrote: »
    Have been paying Total Mortgage Protection (TMPP) since June `01 of £29.64 per month, Halifax have offered:

Refund of premiums £867.42
    Interest @ 8% calculated to March 2012 £205.17

Included in the letter received was this paragraph:

"At this point I need to clarify that only the Mortgage repayment cover element of you TMPP is a form of Payment Protection Insurance Policy, Our review is only in relation to the PPI element"

Working it out roughly it seems they have excluded over £2,000 for Critical Illness cover.

We had Life insurance with the Halifax!! plus an endowment policy.

Accept or refuse?

Hi PJP1,
    Please don't take this as gospel because I am no expert on Mortgage complaints but from what I read, it is hard to get a complaint upheld on Mortgage PPI because it is quite often essential. You have done well to get the PPI aspect of the cover looked at. I think I am right in saying the "Critical Illness" cover is a separate part of the insurance and is a necessity as far as Mortgages are concerned hence the reason they have not taken that into account. You could wait for one of the Mortgage experts (magpiecottage or dunstonh) to give their input on this before doing anything further ;)
    Successes
  • MrsShazbatMrsShazbat Forumite
    719 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    !!!!!!. Just noticed I had to appeal the FOS adjudicator decision by today :( I've emailed them in any case but if they tell me to sod off, do I have to restart my claim?
    SPCNo.15 #20 (14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Need a little help, just heard you can may be able to claim for mortgage insurance. Where do you start, will it still work if mortgage is paid off? It's been paid for 20 years with bank of Scotland, any suggestions would be welcome
  • edited 27 February 2012 at 9:57PM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 February 2012 at 9:57PM
    WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH LLOYDS AND HALIFAX ??

Don't they realise all credibility HAS GONE.

*** MEGA PPI INSURANCE FRAUD

*** INSURANCE GROUP ST.ANDREWS owned by LTSB selling fraudulent PPI via MBNA

AND NOW .......

Caught out selling Pet insurance with LloydsPetInsuranceThumb.gif

PROTECTION FOR LIFE ---- ANOTHER LIE
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/insurance/2012/02/proof-lloyds-advertised-lifelong-pet-insurance-before-axing-cover?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=box

The answer is simple with LLOYDS BANK ...... Never buy any insurance from them ..... LTSB CANNOT BE TRUSTED ANYMORE
  • dilusdilus Forumite
    1K Posts
    Need a little help, just heard you can may be able to claim for mortgage insurance. Where do you start, will it still work if mortgage is paid off? It's been paid for 20 years with bank of Scotland, any suggestions would be welcome

Hi abbiedabbie, you can complain about mortgage PPI but it far less mis sold than loans and credit cards. Mortgage PPI is basically essential as most policies are better tailored to your needs and circumstances and mortgage insurance policies not only cover ability to pay but also critical illness and death. The FSA has said it has fewer concerns as mortgage PPI mis-selling is less common and lenders can say it’s important you get a policy alongside the mortgage, although they're not allowed to say it MUST be theirs.
    Look at the reasons for mis sell here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

and if you feel you have a valid reason then by all means go for it
    Successes
  • StephAshcroftStephAshcroft Forumite
    4 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've been thinking about it - and in the last 10/12 years, I've had:

loans with Sainsburys & Natwest Bank
    Credit cards with NatWest, Egg & Capital One
    Mortgage with Northern Rock & Standard Life
    Store card with Evans

I don't have any information on them - account numbers or anything! And I can't remember if I paid PPI or not! I don't normally - so wouldn't have knowingly agreed to pay it.

Do you think its worth pursuing? If so, it seems like it will be a lot of work, with working full-time and being a single mum of one!

Thanks!!!
    Stephanie
  • Hi All I had a loan with Northern Rock I have read the articles but can't find anything relating to them ...Anyone any idea as to how I would go about claiming back from them ..the loan was fully repaid in 2008/9 but I was told as I worked for an agency at the time I had to take out the PPI.

Sorry if I have posted this incorrectly it's my first post.

thanks in advance

The part of Northern Rock that you need to deal with is now called Northern Rock Asset Management, you'll see them referred to as NRAM.

If you think you have been mis-sold PPI, either give them a bell or fill in the FOS questionnaire and send it to them.

http://www.n-ram.co.uk/en/customers/contact-us.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides