edited 10 June 2010 at 2:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jchaplin wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the advice - cancellation is an option, and the fee he would lose is less than the potential recovery - but that said I think we'll let them do the recovery now they're involved - a shame, but I dont think I have the time to devote to supporting him going down the DIY claim route.

Thanks again.

How does he know what the potential recovery is for this mis sell?.
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »
    GO GET IT BACK ..... ADVANCE FRONT LOADING ... OH DEAR

The FSA and FOS HATE COMPANIES LIKE THIS especially if you were told you would not get the loan without it, someone pocketed a heavy commission from you

What say you Amersall and Cappo ???

Ditto, ditto, ditto :D:D:D
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuffs1978 wrote: »
    Nice to know we're on the same page, as I spoke to the FSCS a week ago and they asked me to keep in touch to see whether Norton have officially gone into liquidation yet. The FSA have given me some advice and referred to their handbook on rulings and redress, and the CAB have had the Ombudsman's decision as well as a breakdown of my sister's income and expenses. I think they are hoping to put us in touch with some legal person. We've accepted that although the FOS ruled in our favour on the PPI, we're probably never going to see a penny of the money, so this whole thing has been a complete waste of time and energy.

Hi Kuffs :D your sis will get 90% of the whole ppi amount from the FSCS this could help bring the loan down.
    The FSCS are pretty quick when a company is declared in default.
    It would not hurt when you get the green light from FSCS to make a claim to mention about how you might get the loan reset by Ge.
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The company the insurance looks to have been with is the Direct Group, based in Doncaster - I have a postal address for them, but I have a feeling they have relocated as the address doesn't bring anything up on google?? this is the best match: www . directgroup . co.uk

Ring FOS they may know.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could kindly help me??!! I was called several weeks ago from one of the PPI reclaiming companies so I decided to give them some basic details of some past car loans I'd had just out of curiosity! They reckoned that I was entitled to claim back a couple of thousand off one of these loans. This was a Black Horse car finance loan for approx £6000. I have all the documentation still but can't find anywhere where it says I paid anything for PPI. The company who rang me said that this was often the case and they often hid these charges so you didn't know you were paying for it. Does anyone know if this is true and if there's any point in my claiming even when the paperwork says I never paid any Payment Protection Plan or Insurance??

Many thanks for any help and advice anyone can offer,

Emma
    If you had ppi on the loan then it would be on the paperwork with the interest amount, if it is not and the loan amount and interest divides by the monthly loan payment then you have no ppi.

You need to complain about this company to
    http://justice.cjs.gov.uk/contacts/cmr

This company are saying anything to you to get you to sign up with them for a hefty % of any redress you may be entitled to.

They do not know if you have ppi let alone how much you may be owed.
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but just don't want to have to go through it all if there's no point (I have a one year old so time is precious!! lol)
    You would do all the work anyway for a company to take a fee for doing nothing at all, just walking to the post box.
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    amersall wrote: »
    You would do all the work anyway for a company to take a fee for doing nothing at all, just walking to the post box.

Wise words lorraine, to all who come on here going down or considering going down the claims management front, don't, It's a total waste of time and money, you really are quicker diy'ing, the banks are going to tell the cmc's the same thing there going to tell you guys, avoid like the plague.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All I had a loan with Northern Rock I have read the articles but can't find anything relating to them ...Anyone any idea as to how I would go about claiming back from them ..the loan was fully repaid in 2008/9 but I was told as I worked for an agency at the time I had to take out the PPI.

Sorry if I have posted this incorrectly it's my first post.

thanks in advance

If you have the account number and reasons for mis sell

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#ways

The ppi put on at the start of the loan with interest to term end is a good one but is not on the list of reasons for mis sell, this is front loaded ppi.

As this loan is closed, ring your local branch of NR, explain that this is a closed loan and the year and ask if you put the claim into them or NRAM, the loans are managed by these now and if your loan was not passed over to them if it was closed NR may have to deal with this.
    17K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cappo wrote: »
    Wise words lorraine, to all who come on here going down or considering going down the claims management front, don't, It's a total waste of time and money, you really are quicker diy'ing, the banks are going to tell the cmc's the same thing there going to tell you guys, avoid like the plague.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(

Just think how rich we would be if we only charged 5% :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    amersall wrote: »
    Just think how rich we would be if we only charged 5% :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ha Ha it's reward enough seeing these good people getting there money back. Who needs money lol.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides