does anyone know the santander ppi complaints address

Santander House
    201 Grafton Gate
    Central Milton Keynes
    MK9 1AN
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    mill1980 wrote: »
    ok so after finally sending my complaint to the right address Santander sent a offer letter today for a old cahoot flexible loan. stating the following:

Refund of payments from December 2002 (when I took loan out) until January 2004 (this is when they say I stoppped making ppi payments) the girl said on the phone I may have not been paying enough back to qualify for making ppi payments?? though I always paid the minimum amount if not more would they not always make a charge for ppi if it was taken out against the loan no matter if I was making minimum payments required....no idea just find it strange tho I could of cancelled the PPi at this point pretty sure I didn't.

the breakdown is as follows:

total premimums for 14 months £389, interest on this £303 and the lost interest £4.15 total due £697....

Does anyone know if the £4.15 calculation for simple interest is right? at the end of the day I never finished paying the loan so it will go as redress to the balance but it was money I didn't have before so doesn't matter least its going to the debt.

It was a online loan so I didn't get any monthly statements sent so can't prove I paid PPI after Jan 04 though I am sure I was, I can't access the online account anymore cuz its closed.

suppose its another win for the consumer though however you look at it :)

I'm sure Dilus will help you with this, sorry mill calculations arn't my strong point
  • cappo wrote: »
    monkey81 wrote: »

Hi Monkey this will just be details of your claim, i.e a standard "we are investigating letter" whether they claim you have ppi etc etc.

Thanks Cappo, so will we have to reply to them again? After reading so many ppls stories on here my head is a little fuzzy!! :eek:
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    monkey81 wrote: »
    cappo wrote: »

Thanks Cappo, so will we have to reply to them again? After reading so many ppls stories on here my head is a little fuzzy!! :eek:[/QUOTE

If it is the standard investigation letter they should take it from there.]
  • Hi All I had a loan with Northern Rock I have read the articles but can't find anything relating to them ...Anyone any idea as to how I would go about claiming back from them ..the loan was fully repaid in 2008/9 but I was told as I worked for an agency at the time I had to take out the PPI.

Sorry if I have posted this incorrectly it's my first post.

thanks in advance
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Hi All I had a loan with Northern Rock I have read the articles but can't find anything relating to them ...Anyone any idea as to how I would go about claiming back from them ..the loan was fully repaid in 2008/9 but I was told as I worked for an agency at the time I had to take out the PPI.

Sorry if I have posted this incorrectly it's my first post.

thanks in advance

Hi Gemster if you worked for an agency when you signed up for this you would'nt have been able to claim on a large part of the ppi namely employment as you wern't actually employed as such have a look at the links posted below.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
  • edited 28 February 2012 at 4:50PM
    Gemster1982Gemster1982 Forumite
    11 Posts
    edited 28 February 2012 at 4:50PM
    cappo wrote: »
    Hi Gemster if you worked for an agency when you signed up for this you would'nt have been able to claim on a large part of the ppi namely employment as you wern't actually employed as such have a look at the links posted below.

Thanks for this I was in the last week of my probationary period before I was taken on full time if memory serves. I was in full time employment after that and said with the company for almost 4 years.
    It's all so confusing.... and it's over £2,000 I didn't need to pay :( I still have all my paperwork and everything
  • Marie67Marie67 Forumite
    25 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hassy1 wrote: »
    Hi very new to this and need some advise!
    I have had a credit card with MBNA for 15 years. At the time of getting the credit card i was in full time employment with full sickness and redundancy benefits as a retail manager, i had been with the company for 8 years at this point. I am still with the same company 15 years later. I applied for and was succesful in my application in 1997. I think i applied through one of the flyers that came through the post. I have my original " congratulations you have been succesful" letter detailing when i would recieve my Card, Pin number etc. but at no stage does it mention PPC and i cant remember ever asking for it or ticking a box. I have had other credit cards & loans since this and always declined the insurance when asked as it was never needed due to my work benefits.
    I phoned MBNA claims line to query the PPC payment as i wasn't aware i was paying it and got the answer back " OK, i will cancel that straight away" no questions asked if it was now suitable or not. ( I didn't actually asked to cancel it, only to query it). I then asked to process a complaint for mis selling which they did over the phone.
    I have since recieved a FOS Questionaire to fill in but am struggling with what to put in the reasons for mis selling. I suppose the main reasons are 1) I didn't even realise i was paying it ( which i feel a bit stupid about not knowing after 15 years ). 2) my employment benefits negate the need for this insurance hence why i have never had it for any other form of credit.
    I am in fear of over thinking this!
    Is this all i need to put in this section?
    and also what was the standard practice of the Credit Card junk mail back then? was PPC pre-ticked etc?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi I'm new to this too so I'm not sure I'm doing this properly? After reading what you said about contacting MBNA I did the same myself. I've been with them since 1999 and had PPI but not needed this because of my job perks. I asked if I had PPI(acting dumb) they said yes so I said I'd like to cancel as I don't need it due to my job. He cancelled it and said I will have to pay one more months charge. I asked if I requested this when I applied for my card. He said he couldn't see those sort of details but would get someone to call me about it. I am now awaiting a call and have no idea what obstacles to expect? I would just like my PPI back.

Can you or anyone else help

with thanks
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Marie67 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this too so I'm not sure I'm doing this properly? After reading what you said about contacting MBNA I did the same myself. I've been with them since 1999 and had PPI but not needed this because of my job perks. I asked if I had PPI(acting dumb) they said yes so I said I'd like to cancel as I don't need it due to my job. He cancelled it and said I will have to pay one more months charge. I asked if I requested this when I applied for my card. He said he couldn't see those sort of details but would get someone to call me about it. I am now awaiting a call and have no idea what obstacles to expect? I would just like my PPI back.

Can you or anyone else help

with thanks

Hi marie have a look at these links which should put you in a better position as to your chances of a reclaim

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides