W I V Internatianal Wines

Options

Comments

• Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Highly suspicious ? I wonder if people thought that of you when you placed your first post ?. Dont we all start with post number one ?

Yep, well actually I think that they thought that I was whingey Jobcentre begger... ;)
    For your info I found this site while doing a bit of research prior to having a " wine tasting " and thought I would register. My user name is pretty unique and a search on google should show other forums I belong to.
    Hope this clears it up
    Cheers
    H
    Justicia wrote:
    I apologise if I have got the wrong idea, but I find that post, it's wording and the "one-post wonder-ment" highly suspicious...
    :confused:

Being a member of many forums, I am sure you know what can happen with queries being answered by members of the company acting as satisfied customers...

Again, if I got the wrong idea, I apologise to you.

:)
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • hormygollop
    Options
    Justicia wrote:
    Yep, well actually I think that they thought that I was whingey Jobcentre begger... ;)

Being a member of many forums, I am sure you know what can happen with queries being answered by members of the company acting as satisfied customers...

Again, if I got the wrong idea, I apologise to you.

:)

No problem, no offence taken
    cheers
    H
  • jodibraithwaite
    Options
    I had a wine tasting at home with friends we ordered about £120 of wine between us but the wine never arrived luckely we did not pay for the wine up front but i still get phone calls from the company and i have just received a survey letter offering free binoculars and 6 specially selected wines in my experence i would not trust this company and just recycle the survey in the bin
  • dzug
    dzug Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    Options
    They seem to have started another marketing campaign - I received the binoculars/tasting offer yesterday.

I'd guess it was genuine as far as it goes - but any organisation that sends salesmen/girls to you home with relatively low budget items and a tacky 'free' gift is going to be overcharging for them compared to a supermarket or discount wine merchant. Their sales costs are just too high.

They seem to have a genuine German wine maker behind them.
  • saint1d
    saint1d Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    FYI Pieroth wine's are advertising for sales reps in the North East. They seem to advertise every couple of months and have been doing so for at least the past 2-3 years that I know of. I might be wrong but it strikes me that they must have a high turnover of staff. Ok maybe the job is rubbish or its too difficult to sell, then again it could be people leave once they find out it's some kind of scam. I just find it unusual to see the same company advertising month after month.
  • smartypants85
    Options
    hi i do know how this company works as i work for them

there is also another side to the company of which i work where instead of calling in to see you for a tasting. we actually call you on the phone.

there is no obligation to ever buy.
    if when you refuse the 1st tasting then you may receive a call re a thank you case at half price.

i can assure you all though that they are a genuine company.
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    I heard my bosses talking about this Pieroth company today, I don't think they force or trick you into buying anything but once they have your details they will contact you periodically to offer you more wine (not cheap apparently)

One of my bosses says he's a soft touch and always says ok when they offer to send a new brochure, but last time they called his wife answered, told them their wine was overpriced and not that nice anyway, and Sainsburys was doing a good deal on wine... he hasn't heard from them since :D

I would do it if it meant getting a few bottles of wine for free, I would have no qualms in then telling them that I didn't want any more from them (unless by some miracle it was actually good value, drinkable wine of course :p)
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you DO order, best make sure you pay!

Their finance director, Howard Falk, is also finance director of Alpha Debt Collection Services Limited!!! :rotfl:

His other companies are Cabot Cellars Ltd, Hallgarten Wines Limited, International Wine Forwarding Limited and Vicomte Bernard do Romanet Limited. Don't know if they mean anything to anyone.

Sarah xx
  • wokkies
    wokkies Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aha just found this thread after googling WIV, my oh received one of their letters this morning offering free binoculars and 6 samplings of different wines, mmmmm should I fill the questionairre in or not:beer:
    to be updated:;)
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    we need a guinea pig!
    nothing to see here, move along...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income