The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

Comments

• ill join too !!! it can go towards spending money for the kiddies in disney land

great idea green fingers
    the more people i meet!! the more i like my dog !!;)
  • Me too!!!! What a great idea, I save 1p's, 2p's and 5p's (only ever having one of each in my purse) but it takes ages to get a decent amount, this is much better! I'll update my signiture as soon as I come across my first £2 to save! Great post!!!
    Quit smoking 18/08/07
  • ozzyfan_2
    ozzyfan_2 Posts: 599 Forumite
    just added it to my signature

hopefully will have some nice shiny coins to add soon :)
  • micheleen
    micheleen Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hopefully just done my sig as well

edit : YAY it worked :D
    :j The £2 CSC = £48 in carton
    £100 banked Mar 06
    V-Free : 4 weeks :)
  • wizard3891 wrote:
    lol, he says he wants £20000 for a new car and then he said the bank will only let him pay in about £300 at a time so it will take him a while to cash it all in

He should just pay for the car with it - according to Royal Mint £2 coins are legal tender to any amount..... but he should leave the wheelbarrow there out of courtesy ;)

Of course the paragraph above it means they don't have to accept it :(
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • Marisan
    Marisan Posts: 96 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Count me in,please. I save 20ps and coppers,but they take ages to reach a sizeable amount.£2 coins will mount up quickly.I save the coppers in an old demi-john ( I used to make wine) and you soon get into the habit.

I haven't any £2 coins yet,but will update as and when.
    .Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • I am in

£2 added now

I will use for Easter holiday
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Count me in too please. My OH and I have been doing this for about 6 years and we cash them in everytime we go away for a weekend to pay for our eats. They soon mount up. Mind you I hate it when she gets a £2 coin as she goes on about it for days.
  • Go on then count me in, got 2 at home after changing my pennies for decent cash so I'll put them in a jar. Time to create a sig I think :D
  • dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    I bought some of these money tins before Christmas for presents - you can't open them unless you use a tin opener, so am going to get a holiday one to save up for the summer (can't be tempted to spend it then!)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cash-Cans
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport