Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 265.5K views

Replies

• CallistoCallisto Forumite
    928 posts
    Yes please, I would like to join too! Great thread Greenfingers!

Already saving for wedding and also need some spending money for our camping holiday in July, so will split what we save between those two worthy causes. :)

I'll have to hunt for my piggy bank, I saw it not so long back... but I don't think I've got any £2 coins to go in it yet (will harass OH when he gets in to see if he has any he will swap for smaller change as he already saves coppers and silver money.)

I'll update my signature shortly. Proud to be a member of 'the Club.' :D

• Tips for Gathering, Hoarding and Squirreling Away £2.00 Coins

Newsagents and Corner Shops
    The smaller shop keepers are always crying out and lamenting for small change. Poor babes… Now’s your chance to be their Best Friend. They fret, worry even agonize and have Sleepless Nights about not having enough pennies in the till…poor souls…. Listen to their woes and lamentations… They will love you and even talk to you…then strike… exchanging your pennies for the Prize. If you’re lucky you may even get a freebie item or two from them – check the sell by date though…. :p

Raid the Kids Piggy Banks
    Yay…how good is that…. The Raid can be done by Stealth or by Bullying. Stealth is great and really, really Sneaky and involves Sweet Talking and Cajoling … whatever that means… Bullying is much more fun – hee hee. The kids will probably much prefer lots of really shiny, wonderful little 5ps instead of one big dull, unexciting, really heavy, brassy thing. If the stealth doesn’t work then up-the-anti to Bullying – hee hee. Bullying involves lots of ‘Finger Wagging’ and ‘Stern Looks’ – practise in front of a mirror..... :D

Banks
    A great source of £2.00 Coins or should be…after all they make the things….. Take your pennies to these places – strike while the Iron is hot…or something like that… Don’t go at Lunch Times when they are really, really busy – they will be annoyed and Glare at you. Plan your visit times carefully.... be Shrewd and Sneaky. Going to the Bank two minutes before closing time is not being Shrewd and Sneaky. :D

Calling all Members for tips and suggestions to be added in here….hooray… :D
    :) The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:) "Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
  • I ask if i can have some in my change, most shops will do it.
  • What a great idea, Wish I had thought of it sooner.... :-) Nevermind, count me in, although I dont have a £2 coin at the mo.
  • tattooed_ladytattooed_lady Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    The post office is a guaranteed £2 coin heaven! Every time I go there I get one (or even 2) in my change!
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • ozzyfan_2ozzyfan_2 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    599 posts
    I like your thinking greenfingers :D

If you have a fete, jumble sale etc happening in your area wait till they are about to pack up & ask if they'd like to exchange some £2 coins for a banknote. It will be easier for them to count the takings & you will get some lovely £2 coins!
  • Great to hear how we are all doing! I have been saving £2 coins for a while on and off (in a pot that had peppercorns in)

It is true that I zip them into the back of my purse and only add them to my money pot when I have a 50p coin to go with them (is this a flaw in my personality? :shhh: it means that the amounts are always multiples of £5 or have an odd £2.50 which is more pleasing to me than an even number...but maybe that's another thread) A quick count has revealed :j £110. I don't go out of my way to get them and have been spending them if needed, but will try harder.
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    I don't go out of my way to get them and have been spending them if needed, but will try harder.

Will power, have will power :D Stick a huge note on your piggy with "Holiday" on it, it may prevent you from digging in it.
  • :dance: Got one from Tesco today :dance:
    in the wallet until the kids are in bed, then will break the news to OH that I've got a new money obsession ...
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:
  • I've got a very large ginger jar which I think will hold several thousand £2 coins at the moment I've £96 in. I will keep you all informedd as I'm sure everyone will want to know just how much it does hold. If I ever manage to fill it :j
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support