Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 265.5K views

Replies

• a bloke i work with has nearly £14000 in £2 coins. Hes been at it for 3 or 4 years. I wonder if anyone here can beat that lol
  • 7000 £2 coins??? hate to be behind him in the queue at the bank :rotfl:

5689, 5690, 5691 or was it 5692! DOH!!! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....
  • lol, he says he wants £20000 for a new car and then he said the bank will only let him pay in about £300 at a time so it will take him a while to cash it all in
  • nickinoonickinoo Forumite
    617 posts
    Count me in too, we originally started saving these when I found out I was pregnant, by the time I was 7 months gone I had about £100 & it all went on nappies, babygros etc.

We have actually started collecting them again & I reckon we must have around £40 so far (they are mixed in with the rest of the loose change in a giant size Bud bottle so I can't be bothered to count them).
  • miacatmiacat Forumite
    4K posts
    hi , can anyone tell me how to get my signature on please, got it on my profile but not on here, thanks. :o

oops soz. it's appeared now!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    miacat wrote:
    hi , can anyone tell me how to get my signature on please, got it on my profile but not on here, thanks. :o

oops soz. it's appeared now!

Tee hee..it's all the excitement :D
  • jazzyjustlawjazzyjustlaw Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in. I have saved hundreds of pounds towards a holiday in the past. I have some £2.00 coins in my piggy in the bedroom but am too tired to count them. Will soon.

What a great post.
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • I have £10, every time we get to £50 it goes in the bank.

My OH's boss at work saved £1800 in £2 coins over the last year and used it to go to Barbados for 2 weeks!
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    I have £10, every time we get to £50 it goes in the bank.

My OH's boss at work saved £1800 in £2 coins over the last year and used it to go to Barbados for 2 weeks!

Great, i'm hoping to clear my debts with mine, then after that buy a car, then after that go on holiday :j
  • Welcome to the MSE £2.00 Coin Savers Club.

“Piggy Banks are Wonderful and Cuddly”

The Year is 2006 and the Members so far…. starring in alphabetical order.... :p

Avogirly
    Brummiebabe
    Callisto
    Caravanlover
    Carlih1
    Charlotte664
    Cjbaps
    CopperPlate
    Creditcardkid
    Dora37
    Fairylights
    Gilly41
    GreenFingers
    Hunnymonster
    In*the*red
    JamieDodger
    Jaybee
    Jazzyjustlaw
    Jellycat40
    JMCateer
    June1970
    Kathfisch
    Kimberley
    KizzyK
    Lottie26
    Maisie
    Marisan
    Miacat
    Micheleen
    MrsA
    Newmum1
    Nickinoo
    One-non-blonde
    Ozzyfan
    Pixie1
    Postingalwaysposting
    Roswell
    Ruyareece
    Scottishspendaholic
    Smokey112
    Star1979
    SugaJen
    Tango
    Thefunkygibbons
    Toontastic
    Us,thecat&thedebt
    Willsnarf1983
    Wizard3891
    Youngandreckless
    :) The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:) "Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support