Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 264.4K views

Replies

• a bloke i work with has nearly £14000 in £2 coins. Hes been at it for 3 or 4 years. I wonder if anyone here can beat that lol
  • 7000 £2 coins??? hate to be behind him in the queue at the bank :rotfl:

5689, 5690, 5691 or was it 5692! DOH!!! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....
  • lol, he says he wants £20000 for a new car and then he said the bank will only let him pay in about £300 at a time so it will take him a while to cash it all in
  • Count me in too, we originally started saving these when I found out I was pregnant, by the time I was 7 months gone I had about £100 & it all went on nappies, babygros etc.

We have actually started collecting them again & I reckon we must have around £40 so far (they are mixed in with the rest of the loose change in a giant size Bud bottle so I can't be bothered to count them).
  • hi , can anyone tell me how to get my signature on please, got it on my profile but not on here, thanks. :o

oops soz. it's appeared now!
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    miacat wrote:
    hi , can anyone tell me how to get my signature on please, got it on my profile but not on here, thanks. :o

oops soz. it's appeared now!

Tee hee..it's all the excitement :D
  • Count me in. I have saved hundreds of pounds towards a holiday in the past. I have some £2.00 coins in my piggy in the bedroom but am too tired to count them. Will soon.

What a great post.
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • I have £10, every time we get to £50 it goes in the bank.

My OH's boss at work saved £1800 in £2 coins over the last year and used it to go to Barbados for 2 weeks!
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    I have £10, every time we get to £50 it goes in the bank.

My OH's boss at work saved £1800 in £2 coins over the last year and used it to go to Barbados for 2 weeks!

Great, i'm hoping to clear my debts with mine, then after that buy a car, then after that go on holiday :j
  • Welcome to the MSE £2.00 Coin Savers Club.

“Piggy Banks are Wonderful and Cuddly”

The Year is 2006 and the Members so far…. starring in alphabetical order.... :p

Avogirly
    Brummiebabe
    Callisto
    Caravanlover
    Carlih1
    Charlotte664
    Cjbaps
    CopperPlate
    Creditcardkid
    Dora37
    Fairylights
    Gilly41
    GreenFingers
    Hunnymonster
    In*the*red
    JamieDodger
    Jaybee
    Jazzyjustlaw
    Jellycat40
    JMCateer
    June1970
    Kathfisch
    Kimberley
    KizzyK
    Lottie26
    Maisie
    Marisan
    Miacat
    Micheleen
    MrsA
    Newmum1
    Nickinoo
    One-non-blonde
    Ozzyfan
    Pixie1
    Postingalwaysposting
    Roswell
    Ruyareece
    Scottishspendaholic
    Smokey112
    Star1979
    SugaJen
    Tango
    Thefunkygibbons
    Toontastic
    Us,thecat&thedebt
    Willsnarf1983
    Wizard3891
    Youngandreckless
    :) The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

:) "Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support