Forum Home » Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 264.4K views

Replies

• Hi Greenfingers

I love your posts they always make me laugh!

I don't often get £2 coins either, started the challenge last month, got one and then spent it so will try to get on the wagon again!

ITR
  • well i did have 2 till my mum 'borrowed' them lol, and they came back as 20ps and 10ps. But when i have them they go in my pink pig/cow and in my big frog i have 1ps and 2ps and in my little star piggy bank i have 5ps. I also have my huge camper van but i dont want to fill that as i am worried i will break it and i have waited 3 years for that money box.

• MaisieMaisie Forumite
    1.3K posts
    My OH has been collecting one of each new £2 design for a year or so and has a jar full. I haven't counted them. That's his pocket money!

If you want to collect one each of the different designs of £1 that's interesting to do and get the kids involved looking for them amongst the change.
  • miacatmiacat Forumite
    4K posts
    i have saved £30.00 in £2.00 coins since christmas, got one today and spent it because i did'nt want to break into a fiver now i feel really sad... :(
    i also save 20p and 5p and usually get around £95.oo saved a year which then goes into the kiddies saving account. :)
  • roswellroswell Forumite
    2.4K posts
    we have saved £48 in £2 coins, In a 2 liter coke bottle with a slot cut in the neck

i think its called recycling :-)
    If it doesnt pay rent sell it.
    Mortgage - £2,000
    Updated - November 2012
  • MaisieMaisie Forumite
    1.3K posts
    It's a great idea and you don't miss £2.
  • newmum1newmum1 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    i will start this as of today, i have tried to save them in the past but always end up spending them for something or another..............must try harder
    Car Loan was £11,744 now £0
    Student Loan was £7,900 now £1668.27
    HMRC was £981.75 now £680.00
    Lowell £3741.65
  • What a good idea I'll start this too i have got one £2 coin I too like fairylights don't come across them very often so i'll save the ones I get as I'm sure I won't miss them.
    cc debt ( end dec 05) 6485 :eek:
    Currently:4475.73

Shopping for March
    Week 1: £46.74
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    A+L loan but as I have already paid the intrest no point in paying it off early(dont get one) so going to save, save, save when cc paid off

The £2.00 savers club:£24.00
  • gilly41gilly41 Forumite
    909 posts
    Hi
    I have just got a piggy and started saving £2 coins. Only have £4 in so far!!
    Great thread!
    xx
    Sealed pot challenge 7...my number is 2144.....started Nov 29th ....
  • tangotango Forumite
    13.1K posts
    i will make sure i ask for £2 coins in my change when i go shopping ;)
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support