We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 49 - Post your finds here

Options

Comments

• sally06
    sally06 Posts: 4,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Smiley82 wrote: »
    Also my area - but I'm only a new bootser (long time lurker!). :D

It's great to finally see some information relevant to my stores :)

Westfield has been good - but their No 7 clearance prices were ridiculous - £8/£9 per item, and similar items were £3-£5 at Hammersmith.

I haven't been into the boots at Shepherds Bush for a long time......hmmm, tempting! High St Kensington is often good as well, it's nice to have a few big stores nice and close. Hammersmith still has the Olay Purple Boxes - has had them for AGES now! I've already got one and really dont' need any more. Also I saw the Naked Gift sets there yesterday for £2.11 (and someone has posted that you can use the sun coupon on these - making them extra bargains!).

Anyway, hope that helps, look forward to hearing more West London boots bargains!!

I haven't been to the little store in shepherds bush for a couple of weeks, but when I was there last, they had lots of reduced suncreams (doesn't every store at the mo:rotfl: ) but not much else. I haven't been to hammersmith for years. I used to love that store:D
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    hi, had a look but this thread moves so fast so not sure if this has already been answered.

what can i spend my £5 skincare voucher on that won't cost me much or anything? Thanks

ROC face wipes: £6.49
    Olay face wash: £5.86
  • pollsdolls
    pollsdolls Posts: 2,960 Forumite
    Options
    iloveboots wrote: »

I'm one of the numerous members of the BC club here, and still having treatment. I feel for you with children who are so young to have to go through the frightening time with you, but old enough to know what it means.

Bootsing has kept me going, and I know a lot of peeps in the same boat have said the same. But hey! The boat doesn't have to be the Titanic! And even if it is, who's to say we won't be getting on a lifeboat!! And having read that too many English perished, cos we were too polite, and queued, you can bet your sweet "bottom" that right now, I'm pushing and shoving to the front!:j

I nail my smile on my face, and mentally throttle the people who say "I know you're going to be OK". Oh really? Have you become Gypsy Rose Lee all of a sudden? And when I'm told "Don't worry" or "Try not to think about it", or 'specially "You must try to sleep", I just say "Yeah, you're right", whilst thinking :mad: :mad: :mad: cos I know lots of peeps don't know what to say or do.

Which is why I'm posting this at half past 2 in the morning, though I've "tried" to sleep!! Zillions of thanks to the OP who was bored, so typed a nice handy list of things we could get with the wrinklies, and massive thanks to Mr Bertorelli, who has just sent me a gorgeous £10 off voucher when I next dine in his restaurant!

Love and hugs to you sweetie, and to all other Bootsers who are having a rough time of it at the moment for whatever reasons.

xxx
    PS - Special hugs to anyone who lives near the A38, Telegraph Hill, in Devon.

Sandra I could have written this myself. I was gonna put snipped...., but didn't want to snip anything.

Some people find it hard to even say the word Cancer.

Living with it or having a family member with it, is a living nightmare. Words can sometimes seem cheap. But for me the best words are, 'I'm here if you need me', and thats what I say to anyone here who needs an ear. I have BIG ears. I have survived 11 years yesterday.:j :j :j but my family also lived through it and survived it with me. special thoughts to iloveboots and MIMI.

Don't forget that support and advice can also be available through Social Services if care at home is needed.
    ~ What goes around comes around ~
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    For anyone that missed this in the previous Boots thread, this glitch is still available for the taking!

Calvin Klein 100ml EDT, £20.55. Product Code: 10011371
    When added to your basket, it triggers the GWP offer 'free ipod speakers when you spend £30 on selected CK products', and they automatically get added to your order.
  • stmidwife
    stmidwife Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Options
    hi, had a look but this thread moves so fast so not sure if this has already been answered.

what can i spend my £5 skincare voucher on that won't cost me much or anything? Thanks

Check out this post, with huge thanks to Fadedpages. x
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :A Special thoughts to all of you that are going through any type of cancer, I lost my sister to cancer 2 years ago, she was only 27 she had cervical cancer, she left behind 2 lovely boys. I know how you are all feeling, it is a dreadful thing to have to go through. Best wishes and lots of hugs to all of you. :A
  • Angie100
    Angie100 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Re the L'Oreal Fatigue sets with washbag. Some stores are not reducing these and it is still showing as current on their stock controls as well as the new sets in the boxes. I got a supervisor to check it out for me and asked if they would be reducing soon. She said as both were showing as an item they are regularily stocking, the prices would not be reduced. So I think it will only be reduced if your local store has taken the washbag one off of their regular stock lists - if that makes sense??
  • iloveboots
    Options
    pollsdolls wrote: »

Sandra I could have written this myself. I was gonna put snipped...., but didn't want to snip anything.

Some people find it hard to even say the word Cancer.

Living with it or having a family member with it, is a living nightmare. Words can sometimes seem cheap. But for me the best words are, 'I'm here if you need me', and thats what I say to anyone here who needs an ear. I have BIG ears. I have survived 11 years yesterday.:j :j :j but my family also lived through it and survived it with me. special thoughts to iloveboots and MIMI.

Don't forget that support and advice can also be available through Social Services if care at home is needed.

Well done to you on 11 years in the clear......excellent.
    Thanks for your kind words.
    x
    Make the most of your days, enjoy your life.
  • kitty20
    Options
    If you search .com for mascara, then refine the search to Clinique see here, it shows Clinique's High Impact Curling Mascara as having the offer of a free Quick Eyes cream shadow when you buy it. However, you can't buy it online at the moment, apparently due to a technical fault (that's what CS said, anyway).

I bought the mascara in House of Fraser today instead, and they gave me that same free gift - a 1.5ml cream shadow in "01 Sparkling Nude". It comes in what looks like a miniature lipgloss bottle with doe-foot applicator.

The Clinique offer on dot com is working perfectly for me...?
  • sally06
    sally06 Posts: 4,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was in swiss cottage and baker street yesterday (the store further down baker street, not the one near the station. Nothing of interest in that store) I found some good bargains (mainly in the swiss cottage store) this is what I got:

transaction 1

6 x HE reduced to 73p each

TD gradual tan moisturiser £5.86

2 x JF straightening potion, reduced to £1.18 each

total=£12.60, I used winkie and £2 haircare voucher. Total paid= £5.60 + 600points gained and a double winkie:D

transaction 2

5 x radox herbal bath, 42p each and bogof

3 x radox shower gel, 40p and bogof

2 x radox natural balance shower gel, reduced 61p each (didn't go through bogof :confused: must be selected radox only)

paid with points:D

swiss cottage had reduced; radox, HE, JF, sea kelp shower gel/bubble bath. Baker street had: some reduced radox, JF and lots of suncreams. HTHS:D

Mimi, I hope your dad is ok. You are both in my thoughts ((hugs))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport