We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 49 - Post your finds here

Options

Comments

• mess0804
    mess0804 Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    Nine_Tails wrote: »
    Hammersmith

Westfield

Occurred to me that I don't often see good markdowns here, could be because Boots is still recouping the cost of the opening the store.

A bootser from my area :beer:
    the big Boots from Westfield is only good if you look for hard to find items: JK nail files, pantene sachets and so on...
    There is a small one in the old shopping centre which sometimes has clearance.
    Please tell me which other Boots do you visit
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    iloveboots wrote: »
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Honey, I'm really sorry to hear that. If you wanna chat, you know where I am. Hope you have family that are supporting you through it. Mind you, it's still bloody scary! Hugs to you.

Thanks Mimi, I do have family, DH, DD who is 16 and DS who is 11.
    Your'e right it is bloody scary, i will hopefully find out in March if my treatment has worked.

Sorry Off Topic

I'm one of the numerous members of the BC club here, and still having treatment. I feel for you with children who are so young to have to go through the frightening time with you, but old enough to know what it means.

Bootsing has kept me going, and I know a lot of peeps in the same boat have said the same. But hey! The boat doesn't have to be the Titanic! And even if it is, who's to say we won't be getting on a lifeboat!! And having read that too many English perished, cos we were too polite, and queued, you can bet your sweet "bottom" that right now, I'm pushing and shoving to the front!:j

I nail my smile on my face, and mentally throttle the people who say "I know you're going to be OK". Oh really? Have you become Gypsy Rose Lee all of a sudden? And when I'm told "Don't worry" or "Try not to think about it", or 'specially "You must try to sleep", I just say "Yeah, you're right", whilst thinking :mad: :mad: :mad: cos I know lots of peeps don't know what to say or do.

Which is why I'm posting this at half past 2 in the morning, though I've "tried" to sleep!! Zillions of thanks to the OP who was bored, so typed a nice handy list of things we could get with the wrinklies, and massive thanks to Mr Bertorelli, who has just sent me a gorgeous £10 off voucher when I next dine in his restaurant!

Love and hugs to you sweetie, and to all other Bootsers who are having a rough time of it at the moment for whatever reasons.

xxx

PS - Special hugs to anyone who lives near the A38, Telegraph Hill, in Devon.
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    jazzteddy wrote: »
    You should try the EA 8 hour stuff, its very good... put it on overnight...and wake up looking like a princess.(lol)

Depends on the SA involved....I took back 3 TD products, 1st SA said as I had no receipt, she couldn't help, but consulted another SA who said that it is boots policy to refund any boots brand product that has given you a bad reaction. I was able to get a full refund as the TD was not on offer.

If you say that the items were bought using wrinklies, they may be able to offer you either some of the current wrinklies and any money you paid or the value of the items on a gift card. HTH:)

Absolutely right that they must refund you, one way or another, if you've had a reaction, but if I've used Pinkies, Blinkies, Wrinklies, Blueys or Bluey-Two-ies, in the transaction, I er, um, don't take the receipt, and they usually refund via a gift card.

I did take the receipt once, which showed I'd had points added, used a Pinkie, plus an ACM voucher, and there was such a lot of huffing, puffing, sighing, consulting etc, whilst all SAs had to collectively decide whether I was entitled to any of the vouchers, and whether my 10% discount was in jeopardy :eek: that I decided Never Again.

OMG, we're now having such huge hailstones, that I think they're more like hail rocks!
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Have just finished giving myself the final coat of my manicure, started earlier last night, and am pleased to report that my 50p reduced bottle of Natural Collection, Toffee Apple, has given me a very pleasing effect!

What's more, it's actually stayed on for about half an hour without a chip, which is more than can be said for "Stay Perfect"!!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey! glad I'm not the only one up!

Gave up on my nails- everytime I apply varnish they split/feather! drives me mad! even the sally hansen stuff to stop nails splitting makes them split! Aghhhhh!

So glad am not in S/W England- saw the snow sunday from my gym, took it for granted it was so easy to get home...the next day....havok! nothing working! not even the gritters!
    Am off to bed now SS if you are still up as have early college tomorrow
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi UBH - which store was this - Brunel? Thanks

Secretsmilegirl

Yes Brunel, the L'Oreal bags are on the bottom shelf of the men's L'Oreal section. Good luck, let me know how u get on, I might go back :)
  • angel69_2
    angel69_2 Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Big hugs to mimi1234 and iloveboots and anyone else going thorugh a tough patch.
    xx
    :A Carpe Diem:A

:rolleyes: WINS = Nothing...I never seem to win anything!:roll eyes:

proud mummy to lil man!! :A
  • butterfriends
    Options
    pcg2001 wrote: »
    I have been using the Time delay day moisturizer and serum (which is the same as the p&p, but cheaper) .

Is it? How do you know?

I had no idea! How sneaky of Boots!
  • squidgeum
    squidgeum Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody know if the Slimfast 6 4 1 is still working please?
    TIA
  • ladymac
    ladymac Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    have pmd you squidgeum x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income